Page 2 of 13 First First 12345612 ... Last

Thread: Hello! Initial thoughts?

Hello! Initial thoughts?

Originally Posted by Blackykun
    Then we're back at why razielim are more degenerate then the rest.

I mean , Turel got thrown into the past, yet we see mostly human turelim.
    Perhaps Turel is still around, perhaps the Razielim are physically scarred by Kain as punishment. We don't know yet.

Perhaps I'm doing the writer's job for them.

Lets throw in that Raziel developed the wings mutation first, and normally only centuries after did the rest of the clan develop the mutation after the clan leader. So if we have winged razielim, this has to be set quite after Raziel being thrown into the abyss (which should have immediately started the genocide of the razielim, leaving only a few completely degenerated and ferals alive, according to Crystal Dynamics). But by SR, humans are completely crushed. So... There isn't such a great span of time for the story afterall. This was a horrible era to choose for a new game. Having Sarafan vs BO2 Vampires would have made more sense.

Intiial Impressions

- Aesthetically perfect, really; just bang-on, baroque excellence.
    - Making Dumahim the stealthy one - no, no, no. Zephonim are right there, guys. Dumahim would make great berserkers; fast, fragile, high damage.
    - Turelim; fine. That's a good a place as any for them.
    - Razielim; I like the direction you've taken.
    - Humans all look solid; would kind of like to see some Sarafan fanboys.

Will there be more classes? I personally would like to see Zephonim assassins and Melchaim bodysnatchers. Rahabim are a tough one, to be honest, but they'd fit as a support-type, if you think about it. Dousing fires with their hydrokinesis, exploiting some water on the map for a bit of extra mobility.

Having Sarafan vs BO2 Vampires would have made more sense.
    agreed.

Ahhhh yes! I place where you are asking for my opinion on this. Well to be totally (painfully) straight with you about my 1st impression on this I've got to be kind of a butt head. Its a kick in the proverbial gamer nut sack. Once again it looks like Square (like everyone else, in Squares defense) has put a group of people in a room to debate on what they should do with a cherished game license and in typical current Square fashion they choices where to totally alienate and ignore the core fan base for the franchise, reach into a grab bag of poll opinions on what gamers want these days and run with whatever it is they pulled out (in this cases the dreaded F2P multiplayer and notoriously invasive micro transaction stores). We see it every day so lets not avoid a key player in this, League of Legends. Probably the current kings in the market your going to be trying to tap into, they got there by doing it right and making the micro transaction a viable option, not rubbing it in your face like.... ehhh... Guild Wars 2 or Neverwiner. Its a pretty fat hog with plenty of meat to spare so aiming that way (although how illogical it seems in nut shooting a franchises core player base) is logical. If you liked LoK you might just want to set this one out.

Cough hack weeze

And on the pro side (yes I'll give them something for giving me a childhood of enjoyable video games :P) what you have shown us does not look so bad. Humans VS Vamps in a fairly unique setting (anyone who has played any of the LoK games will preach about how amazing the worlds in those games feel and look) that takes action PVP away from the simulated deserts of the middle east and into something fresh for once. The classes on both sides of the coins looked unique and fun to mess around with though in todays market we should be expecting more of each.

All that being said I'll keep an eye on this to see what it grows into but I'll have a sour taste in my mouth the entire time. Why you thought it would be a good idea to take a franchise that relied heavily upon its amazing story, ace voice acting cast and mild creepy pacing and strip it down into an interpenetration of LoK Call of Duty I'll never truly know. You have my information, if you want to make some serious money without slapping around your core audience I'll be in touch.

Is it just me or does the Melchahim level concept art (2:24) have statues of Hylden?

I would love to know why the Razielim are even still alive. What happened to the mass genocide that befell them after Raziel was tossed into the Abyss...? And, like others have asked, why they are more degenerative looking than the other clans? Turel was flung into the past, though I'm not exactly where between the time Raziel was executed and the time he was revived that, that had happened, so why are they so messed up. "Utter desolation. My once-proud kin, wiped from this world like excrement from a boot.
    I knew the hand that wrought this deed..." ―Raziel. I hope this game sheds some light on this and why Kain has yet to eradicate Raziel's clan.

perhaps the Turelim where fed with the best " food " so that sustained them better where as the remaining razielim would have to live off of beasts and other animals, its just an idea though.

Having Sarafan vs BO2 Vampires would have made more sense.
    I disagree. Well, perhaps it would have made more sense, but I find the whole Sarafan vs Vampire conflict uninspiring myself. The Vampires that come from the original Sarafan, i.e. Raziel, Turel, Zephon and co, are far more interesting. I also like humans to be the few hunted ones, it adds desperation to their cause, and each man is probably pretty heroic considering they don't have glyph energy.

Gender locking? Really? This is 2013

Originally Posted by Therealrabban
    Is it just me or does the Melchahim level concept art (2:24) have statues of Hylden?
    I think those are helmets, but they do look very close.

Lets throw in that Raziel developed the wings mutation first, and normally only centuries after did the rest of the clan develop the mutation after the clan leader. So if we have winged razielim, this has to be set quite after Raziel being thrown into the abyss (which should have immediately started the genocide of the razielim, leaving only a few completely degenerated and ferals alive, according to Crystal Dynamics). But by SR, humans are completely crushed. So... There isn't such a great span of time for the story afterall. This was a horrible era to choose for a new game. Having Sarafan vs BO2 Vampires would have made more sense.
    Talking about horrible era/storyline : BO2.

Seriously though, I hope Psyonix took their inspirations from any game but this one. I'd rather think of it as an alternative storyline than a part of the LoK series.

As others have raised points about the hands, feet, fangs, etc I will choose another thought that puzzles me...all the vampires seem follicly challenged...what happened to all their hair?

Originally Posted by lucinvampire
    As others have raised points about the hands, feet, fangs, etc I will choose another thought that puzzles me...all the vampires seem follicly challenged...what happened to all their hair?
    Do you not remember the Chewbaccahim? The devs are probably saving all the hair for their future inclusion.

Got some great hopes for this game =D

I just hope that the thing you pay for in-game is only cosmetical so it doesnt affect gameplay

Originally Posted by 88chaz88
    Do you not remember the Chewbaccahim? The devs are probably saving all the hair for their future inclusion.
    Pay4hair

This is too terrible to contemplate.

Originally Posted by Razhoir
    Talking about horrible era/storyline : BO2.

Seriously though, I hope Psyonix took their inspirations from any game but this one. I'd rather think of it as an alternative storyline than a part of the LoK series.
    The game itself sits in the period between Kain tossing Raziel into the Abyss and Raziel emerging from the underworld, within the existing Soul Reaver storyline. While I was sceptical to an extent, it does fit into the area well. We know the bit from either side of that bit of time, we know Kain tosses Raziel into the abyss, we know that the empire stretches out and expands, the clans disperse and the Razielm are hunted down and exterminated, we know that humans are still around during this period and can construct and defend a stronghold (Human Citadel from Soul Reaver).

The game can and does fit within the History of Nosgoth, the key little bit to remember is that it is about Nosgoth, not the Legacy of Kain bit (but that they are all linked)

Originally Posted by Jeffers
    The game itself sits in the period between Kain tossing Raziel into the Abyss and Raziel emerging from the underworld, within the existing Soul Reaver storyline. While I was sceptical to an extent, it does fit into the area well. We know the bit from either side of that bit of time, we know Kain tosses Raziel into the abyss, we know that the empire stretches out and expands, the clans disperse and the Razielm are hunted down and exterminated, we know that humans are still around during this period and can construct and defend a stronghold (Human Citadel from Soul Reaver).

The game can and does fit within the History of Nosgoth, the key little bit to remember is that it is about Nosgoth, not the Legacy of Kain bit (but that they are all linked)
    To be really optimistic then.
    Since this happens between said timelines, I have a question.

DO WE GET TO MEET KAIN!?
    Or any of the other Clan-leaders in this game?
    Learn more lore from each of the Clan-leaders perspective?
    Will there be important Charachters to meet for Both sides Vampire and Human? (mindblown)

Well, first impression. I'm sorry, but I'm not buying your interest in the community, when you are deactivating votes and comments on your announcement trailer. I do understand that people can say ugly things, but it is just their honest opinion and I don't think negative reactions are really surprising. It's about the impression you make to the people and the people might ask themself, why they should take an active role in your forum, when their opinion might just get deleted.

Beside that I have a strange feeling. I'm not very interested in 3rd Person multiplayer shooter (or how to call this), so normally I wouldn't care about your game very much and I would be fine with that. But somehow I do care and that is in fact a problem for me, because it is getting emotional in a bad way.

But well, the game itself. Sorry, but it's not looking that interesting. Asynchronous gameplay looks fine, but at the moment it seems to have only 3 different classes for each teams, which seems to be to little. And then I begin to wonder how different the humans are. I don't yet understand the difference between the Hunter and the Scout, althoug the Scout might be the fast pase guy, while the Hunter is... well, a Hunter, whatever that means. I have to think of Team Fortress 2 and how each character looks very different, so you can identify them very easily, which is very important for competetive gaming (it should be). But the humans in Nosgoth seems so far to be very identical. I hope they play very different and I have to play different against them. I love stealth, so the Reaver class might be interesting, but stealth feels often very clunky in many games, so hopefully stealth will feel good in Nosgoth. And yes, it seems to be a strange decision to take the Dumahim as the wall crawling stealth class and not the Zephonim, which had wall crawling as their uniquie abilitie (yea, to be honest: it's weird). Beside that I think the Dumahim should actually be what the Turelim are, because the Dumah and the Dumahim had been the bulky clan, while the Turelim had been more about telekinesis and their unique shape (big ears, twisted legs). Right now it seems the Dumahim and the Turelim are missing the point of their origins. Last of all I wonder what goal each round will have. Please don't say it will be team deathmath, because I personally can get really bored with that.

If this is set before vampires are completely degenerate, like in SR1, how come the Razielim showcased is completely degenerate?

Why do the vid say this is set after SR1 if it isnt, and if it is, how does whole thing make any sense at all?

Or are we throwing the lore out and nothing is canon? Because that's kind of 99% of the appeal of LoK. That and the voice acting, of which I wonder about. Will we have Simon Templemann at least narrate the intro or something?

By the way, we do remember that humans are confined to a single city and only kept around as challenge for fledgling vampires, and that without vampire stewardship of the Pillars (which should be shattered at this point in the timeline), the world will inevitably end up in a hellish nightmare (where hilariously, humans are still barely around, now hunting demons, with cannons and dogs, in the far future compared to this.)

Siiigh, I fully expect forum purges, account bans and whatnot already.
    Where does it say the humans in the citadel were the only ones left in the whole world? You think the areas in SR1 make up the entire planet?
    Last edited by Vampmaster; 25th Sep 2013 at 19:19.

Originally Posted by MasterShuriko
    To be really optimistic then.
    Since this happens between said timelines, I have a question.

DO WE GET TO MEET KAIN!?
    Or any of the other Clan-leaders in this game?
    Learn more lore from each of the Clan-leaders perspective?
    Will there be important Charachters to meet for Both sides Vampire and Human? (mindblown)
    Can try and answer as much as I know, but will pull fro other sources

1. No, you won't.

Source: http://forums.eidosgames.com/showthread.php?t=138956
    Quote:
    17. Is the game gory and will there be Kain and Raziel in it?

The game will be very violent, but as far as I'm aware the Soul Reaver sword does not appear in the game. Neither do Kain or Raziel for very good reasons - they're both busy doing... other things at the time of the game's setting. They're in Nosgoth (obviously), but they're not in Nosgoth (as in the game). It would make no sense for them to be so, narrative-wise. As explained before, it's on a separate branch of the IP, but is in continuity with the overall lore. Also, Anarcrothe is NOT playable, totally wrong time-frame.
    2. Not that I'm aware of, hopefully the lore will be expanded further upon as to where the Clan Leaders are. The majority of Nosgoth "maps" for lack of a better word are set in locations referenced in any number of the pervious games, but not necessarily visited.

3. I hope so

4. Don't know sorry, as it's a multiplayer game I don't think so, however I don't know what SE/Psyonix have planned

Does that help?

I have waited soooo long for a worthy sequel in the legacy of kain series. I didn't even mind if it had a new main character. I only had one real condition, as long as it stayed a single player experience, or at least had rpg elements if you will make it an online experience, where we could re-discover nosgoth in all its glory. And this game has become (at first glance) the one thing I didn't want it to be. Load a map, now, kill as much as possible. It seems they chose to make this game for the non-lok fans. Where the original series had so much depth, it seems this has none at all.

It may be too soon to judge. I hope this game is not revolved around just killing, but has depth and lets you develope your character and make you feel as if you're some one in the lok world. I don't want to see the opposite faction around every corner, I want to be able to explore nosgoth in it's eary silence with it's eary signature score. Please, do not make this a shallow game.

Only thing I like for now, is the concept art. I am a concept artist myself and I can appreciate its quality, and it's wonderful to see some more of nosgoth, even if it's in a possible disaster game.

Originally Posted by Jeffers
    Can try and answer as much as I know, but will pull fro other sources

1. No, you won't.

Source: http://forums.eidosgames.com/showthread.php?t=138956

2. Not that I'm aware of, hopefully the lore will be expanded further upon as to where the Clan Leaders are. The majority of Nosgoth "maps" for lack of a better word are set in locations referenced in any number of the pervious games, but not necessarily visited.

3. I hope so

4. Don't know sorry, as it's a multiplayer game I don't think so, however I don't know what SE/Psyonix have planned

Does that help?
    Abit =D Its teasing me! I wanna know moar!

Originally Posted by jjshloam
    Disappointment. From the art direction it looks like the developers have never played any previous game in the series, same can be said about the gameplay. the vampires look like bald orcs from warhammer40k. it just looks like squareenix just stamped the nosgoth logo on a game which has nothing to do with the series what so ever. you guys could've sold this as a gears of war middle age prequel.
    first hitman, then tomb raider and now this. square was the worst thing to happen to eidos.

here's a friendly tip, enable comments on the youtube trailer video to find out what the real reaction to the game is.
    The Orcs in Warhammer are green, have oversized jaws with equally oversized teeth. The Turelim in this game do not.
    The Orcs appear to have three or four times the muscle mass of the Turelim in this game, making the the Orcs look disproportioned.
    They wear ridiculously oversized viking armour. The Turelim in this game do not.

Originally Posted by MasterShuriko
    Abit =D Its teasing me! I wanna know moar!
    Haha.

I would say be excited. Remember it is a multiplayer game and from that point of view, it has an emphesis on teamwork with it and less on story, but it is something to be excited about though

Page 2 of 13 First First 12345612 ... Last