Page 2 of 9 First First 123456 ... Last

Thread: Live Q&A with the Team - Leave Your Questions Here

Live Q&A with the Team - Leave Your Questions Here

Are any aspects of this game story driven or is it just a typical multiplayer? Is there anything outside of the multiplayer?

I like many who have signed up for this beta, are long-term fans and certainly would love to see more done with the series since it deserves more than to languish and stagnate. What bothers me truly and is my root-question to this post is:
    Given that there have been 2 canceled games(one in early 2004, the second earlier this year if I remember correctly), the second having a multiplayer component, and is what we're seeing now as the main release, is there ever going to be a possibility for a fully-fledged game in the series that FINISHES THE ORIGINAL STORY, and doesn't resort to ret-coning or diversions in order to achieve it's crescendo?
    I can't say I'm not disappointed in the choice to go with something as simplistic as a third-person shooter, the art-style is intriguing, the content of characters are interesting, at least in the scraps of bio you guys have put up so far. I hope that you're aiming a little higher in the end, that you don't wind up just dooming the franchise to the indifferent death of mediocrity, my hope extends to not just the future of the franchise but in the quality of your work. I know that one of the driving reasons at least what has been reported in various gaming websites, is the cancellations had to do with the lack of confidence in the fan-base wanting another game/it would sell well enough, to borrow a quote:

"As long as a single one of us stands, We are a legion"

if this passion-filled rant imparts anything, its also the hope you have more confidence in us than that.

My questions are:

Nr1: Since the Soul Reaver game (first one) we got to learn that Vampires Evolve after a period of time and or after gaining streangth, so my question is; Does the vampires we play as get to evolve aswell, ie new abilities or forms if only for cosmetic effect?

Nr2: Will there be some kind of story / singleplayer ?

Nr3: Since you mentioned E-sports I can guess that you are planning to add it to this game aswell. My question regards players that afk, leave, troll, feed intentionally and are just being bad people towards teammates and opponents, how will these be handled?

Nr4: Hackers, they are everywhere and they really kills whatever game they are in. How will hackers be handled and or spotted.

Nr5: Will there be some kind of store to buy new skins, charachters, classes, weapons, abilities? If so are we going to be able to buy said things in the store by playing the game and earning in-game currency or will there be items only for real money?

Those are my questions so far =D

Originally Posted by ViolentMuffin
    5) In which timeline will the game be set? Is it the one after all paradoxes from Soul Reaver 2, or is it a version of history unaffected by them?
    For the moment I'm just going to second this question. Thanks in advance.

When you said in the trailer about vampire cities and societies does this mean you can visit the vampire clan cities like in Soul Reaver? Because I think that would be VERY awesome.

Amy hennig amy hennig amy hennig amy hennig amy hennig amy hennig amy hennig amy hennig amy hennig amy hennig amy hennig amy hennig amy hennig amy hennig amy hennig amy hennig amy hennig amy hennig amy hennig amy hennig amy hennig amy hennig amy hennig amy hennig amy hennig amy hennig amy hennig amy hennig amy hennig amy hennig amy hennig amy hennig amy hennig amy hennig amy hennig amy hennig amy hennig amy hennig amy hennig amy hennig amy hennig amy hennig amy hennig amy hennig amy hennig amy hennig amy hennig amy hennig amy hennig amy hennig amy hennig amy hennig amy hennig amy hennig amy hennig amy hennig amy hennig amy hennig amy hennig amy hennig amy hennig amy hennig amy hennig amy hennig amy hennig amy hennig amy hennig amy hennig amy hennig amy hennig amy hennig amy hennig AMY HENNIG AMY HENNIG AMY HENNIG AMY HENNIG AMY HENNIG AMY HENNIG AMY HENNIG AMY HENNIG
    Last edited by Alhazredd; 25th Sep 2013 at 20:18.

Will there be PS4/Xbox One-versions of Nosgoth in the future?

Are the designs of the Vampire's final? Because I would prefer it if the Turelim looked more like this:

http://cghub.com/images/view/227792/

And if you are going to change them I recommend taking the designs from the orignal games I.e the Talons and Hooves. Because those where what made them stand out from other incarnations of Vampires in other media, and I think it would help make your game stand out.

I'll go straight to the points:

As a musician, I'm a huge fan of the work that Kurt Harland made in the previous games. Can you tell us anything about the music/sound desing in Nosgoth?

Also, I'm a huge fan of the voice acting in the LOK series. Will this game have dialogue? Or it will be the usual "taunt" that characters say to each other in the middle of the match, or something like that?

Nosgoth (the location, not the game) is huge. Blood Omen 1 was a game with so much places to explore that it was amazing. Can you tell us something about the locations on Nosgoth (the game)?

In the FAQ it says that the Psyonix people worked on Mass Effect 3. I'm a huge fan of Mass Effect 3 Multiplayer mode. Can we expect Nosgoth to be somewhat similar to that in terms of gameplay?

And the last one: Why only PC? I don't have a gaming PC, my RAM is only 1GB, but what I do have is a PS3. Since Sqare Enix always had a good relationship with consoles, why did they decide to publish this game only on Windows PC? This game would work so well on consoles and you'd make a lot of people happy... Please, consider it. We've been waiting for a new LOK game for years and Nosgoth seems like a fresh and exciting new take on the franchise.

Will we see the Pillars of Nosgoth?

Will we hear classic Soul Reaver music?
    Last edited by Oceansized; 1st Mar 2014 at 00:04.

Originally Posted by Avenger09
    Are the designs of the Vampire's final? Because I would prefer it if the Turelim looked more like this:

http://cghub.com/images/view/227792/

And if you are going to change them I recommend taking the designs from the orignal games I.e the Talons and Hooves. Because those where what made them stand out from other incarnations of Vampires in other media, and I think it would help make your game stand out.
    The explanations given so far are that the vampires haven't evolved that much yet, although I think the intention might be to release different levels of devolution as DLC. I think the less evolved Turilim seen in the trailer should at least have the ears Turel did in the SR1 intro. I've suggested to SE that the clan uniforms from the SR1 intro would be good to have at some point as well.
    Last edited by Vampmaster; 25th Sep 2013 at 21:29.

If you are planning on making a truly competitive title, do you have any plans to promote Nosgoth in the esports world? What will you be doing differently to other competitive titles that have tried and failed to grab the competitive gamer's attention?

Will there be cosmetics? Judging from the different shots of the Razielim class, it seems to be so. Is that where the microtransactions come in? If so, will there be a drop system like Dota 2, so that one can get certain items with a low to medium quality?
    Or will you pull a League of Legends and add in-game currency that you get for playing?

However, the real question everyone is asking is; will there be BLOCK PUZZLES?
    inb4 block puzzle solving gamemode redux
    Last edited by Limed00d; 26th Sep 2013 at 08:40.

any chance of nosgoth coming to consoles?

Is Simon Templeman involved in this in an extensive role?

What would you say to assure fans that you are doing everything in your power to keep the games lore friendly? Could you explain quickly why Nosgoth is cohesive with the lore to help dispel some of the animosity that seems to be generated over the appearance of the Razilim? I've tried to do it, but I think a lot of people want a statement from you all before they'll let themselves trust it.

So many questions... if I had to choose one though.....

How will Nosgoth handle progression?

Multiplayer games live or die based on how they handle progression.

You don't need to make a player with 200 hours outstat a player with 2. But, you have to do something. There is the Call of Duty route, where your gameplay just unlocks new weapons and customizations. There is the LoL / DotA2 route where your progression arcs are mostly contained within the individual rounds (IE you start a round with nothing, by end game have all the things, then next round you start with nothing again). Or you can go the TF2 route where you just randomly get stuff, and use it for crafting or trade it with fellow players (We know a hat based economy works! Somehow...)

I just want to know what Nosgoth has that will drag us in, and want us to keep coming back.

Originally Posted by LordScythican
    Is Simon Templeman involved in this in an extensive role?
    i would like to know this aswell

My questions are all gameplay related.

- Will spell casting and auto attacks be targeted or used as skill shots, like the difference between World of Warcraft and Smite?

- What kind of an item system can we expect to see in the game, if there even is one? Will it be similar to that of MOBA style games?

- Will there be different scenarios to play, such as a capture the flag or king of the hill? And if so, how do you intend to incorporate them into the game without taking away from the authenticity of the experience?

- You seem to have put a lot of emphasis on how you have made the melee v. ranged balanced. Can you elaborate?

- Will we be seeing any other type of faction, other than humans and vampires? This includes playable characters or not.

- I believe it has been stated previously but 6 total playable classes seems a bit limited. Will you be revealing and releasing new classes as the beta continues?

- Will there be any NPC's in the game that you can get xp from? Is there even an xp system where you get gold and xp from killing people/NPC's?

Thank You.

Sadly I won't be able to watch it live as I'll be busy. However I'll leave some questions here for the Q&A. Hopefully they may pick some of my questions if appropriate.

1). The game is F2P, but I imagine the Nosgoth team still intend to generate a profit somehow. What kind of in-game transactions or otherwise can we expect, if at all?

2). The game seems to be set in between Raziel's execution and his return from the abyss. Does Nosgoth cover most of the time period in between or just a select portion of the time in between?

3). Are the Razielim the only devolved vampires we can expect to see or is there a possibility of seeing the devolved forms of the other vampire clans later on?

4). Though Nosgoth is not a singleplayer game it is said to be existing within the lore. I imagine there may be some lore setting within the game in some form. If so will this take the form of an opening scrawl of text at the start or load up or something else that gives context and incentive on why you're playing as these characters and taking part in these online battles?

5). Can we expect to see familiar sights from previous games or lore easter eggs in the games arenas?
    Last edited by Reidbynature; 26th Sep 2013 at 01:48.

Originally Posted by Limed00d
    However, the real question everyone is asking is; will there be BLOCK PUZZLES?
    inb4 block puzzle solving gamemode redux
    HA! I like this question.

Annnd, well damn it seems all the questions I had have already been asked. So I shall just stress the largest one.

Why have the Razielim devolved as they have? What has made the corruption so much more evident in them and turned them into monsters? As the descendants of Raziel, Kain's once favored lieutenant and the individual gifted with the largest/strongest portion of Kain's soul wouldn't it stem/slow the corruption? Melchiah's clan was forced to stitch the skin of their victims on piecemeal to conceal their decay and rot. If the corruption for the Razielim has spread so aggressively what weakened them to it that hasn't yet seemed to touch the other clans?

That leads to will the Melchahim, Zephonim and Rahabim be available later? Also it seems that the Hunter human class hints at the remnants of the Sarafan, is there any truth to that? What other classes might the human side see?

Now then, the Hylden. After the events of the other games will they have any part at all in this? Is this supposed to be before events in later games messed with the time frame/history of Nosgoth? I would assume that as things changed the effects would reach back through everything that had happened with only Kain and Raziel immune to it as they were already displaced. However Kain watched a wonderful mental movie of things changing in his memories at the end of Soul Reaver 2 so will that play any part in why things are how they are in this game?

Dumb question time: With the exception of the Alchemists will there be gender options for the rest of the roster and what are the chances of seeing those designs? I'm curious to see if the female versions of the vampires look less like what we expect humanoid females to look like. Somehow I get the image of harpies for the Razielim.

Huh, guess I had more questions than I thought.

you know guys in the lore section it says that Kain's lieutenants are fighting each other for the throne... but weren't they dead? o.O

Originally Posted by Cegard
    you know guys in the lore section it says that Kain's lieutenants are fighting each other for the throne... but weren't they dead? o.O
    Kain killed a few of his lieutenants in BO2 annnnnd raziel killed a few in SR1 so these are probably the ones raziel was going to kill in SR1

why are the Turelim no longer psykers with large ears, and now big brutes?

also will the other 3 clans come in at any point and is AMY HENNIG involved in this game in any fashion?

Page 2 of 9 First First 123456 ... Last