Page 1 of 9 12345 ... Last

Thread: Live Q&A with the Team - Leave Your Questions Here

Live Q&A with the Team - Leave Your Questions Here

Question Live Q&A with the Team - Leave Your Questions Here

We expect that many of you have questions about the game you'd like us to answer, so we're offering you the chance to ask them to us in real-time.

We’ll be holding a live chat with you, our growing community. over on our Twitch channel on Monday 30th September at 7am PDT/10am EDT/3pm BST/4pm CEST.

You'll be speaking with Bill Beacheam, the game's Design Director at Square Enix, and myself; plus we'll have Corey Davis, the game's Design Director at Psyonix, on our IM feeding us answers to all your gameplay-specific queries.

We'll be spending the first few minutes of the live Q&A answering questions posted here in this thread (which seems only fair), before moving onto questions submitted live to our Twitter feed and we’ll do our best to answer as many of your questions as possible in the time available to us.

For those of you who can't make it along, we'll be sharing a video of the live Q&A here on the blog and our YouTube channel a few days after the session, as well as updating our F.A.Q. with answers to your questions.

So, without further ado, please leave your questions below (remember to abide by the forum T.O.U!) and I look forward to chatting with you on Monday!
    Last edited by Monkeythumbz; 20th Nov 2013 at 15:29.
    Square Enix London Studios Community Manager
    Nosgoth Community : Facebook | Twitter | YouTube | Twitch

Hey George
    For the time being (it seems that) we only get 3 classes a side. Will more be added in the future ?

Not complaining just framing the question:
    It looks like this game has nothing to do with the reason age old fans have wanted a game in the Nosgoth universe.
    We all know the LOK universe as an unforgettable set of stories and wonderful character driven dialogues (perhaps not including much of BO2) but the very early trailer from which I probably should'nt be making too many conclusions doesn't appear to have any of that; as few multi-player games of this kind could. It looks like this game is just trying to get players from fans of a game without giving them the reason they are fans of it. LOK was much more than just a humans vs vampires game; it could have been it's own set of books.

What will fans of the old LOK games have to look forward to in this?

Hi,

I'd like to know when exactly Nosgoth happens. The Lore-Tab on the site says:
    "Nosgoth’s iron-willed Emperor Kain has disappeared, leaving his throne empty and the world in the hands of his Lieutenants." Wich indicates it is set after the events of Soul Reaver 1, as you said in your lauch trailer. But there are a few things I don't understand:

First of all: Kains lieutenants are all dead/gone after SR1, or are we not talking about the original 6 (Raziel etc)?
    #2: How are there Razielim? We never saw one in SR1 and they are believed to be eradicated.
    #3: Why are the vampires in Nosgoth much more human-looking than the ones in SR1?

Hello.

What was the model reference for the Razielim clan?

George,

Thanks for finally announcing this. We've all been very eager, as you know. Here's my question: since this is set after Kain's disappearance and the Razielim are still around, this appears to confirm what many fans have long suspected, which is that Kain did not actually wipe the clan out after he had Raziel thrown into the Abyss. However, the lore on the site describes them as "devolved" members of the "once-proud" Razielim. How come they have devolved while the Dumahim and Turelim are clearly still at the height of their power? Will this be explained in the game at all?

The game looks okay, but i have questions concerning the character designs.
    1. If the game indeed is placed after SR1 why do the vampires have five fingers and toes? Yes, okay they might be fletclings but what's up with the Razielim's face? Also, the Turelim people should have clearly very elongated ears (like they did in the original games)
    2. Where are their vampire fangs?
    3. Is it still possible to make the characters look more like they actually have some connection to the original games?

Hello

Based on the information that I was able to obtain from the video, it seems this place will take place between the main events of SR1 and Blood Omen 2. Will we be able to witness over time the decay of the land? How will the degeneration of the vampire race affect stat growth?

The question that all of us will ask but we are 100% sure you won't ask. Is there hope for the Defiance sequel? IS there any hope for that?
    Second...sentence/question: I do really hope you will turn this alpha to an excelent beta, because...there is a lot of work here, specially talking about the resemblence with the other LoK games. You do really need to recreate the LoK atmosphere, like someone said before, vampires without 5 fingers but 3, human resembling with the Defiance ones, that skinny warriors when Raziel is out of the Elder God's trap and so on...

Is there any possibility of this moving to PS3 or any other platform?

Do you plan on keeping the game casual or are you going for the e-sports scene?
    Last edited by RamielWTF; 25th Sep 2013 at 15:27.

A question I am dying to know is will we have a combat system similar to Tera? I find it a lot more engaging and fun, compared to a system used by games such as WOW.

Otherwise I am looking forward to seeing what we are in for
    Last edited by Mikdar; 25th Sep 2013 at 15:41. Reason: Made a dumb ><

I'm VERY much looking forward to answering these questions in the livestream on Monday... ESPECIALLY the lore ones. I am a gigantic LoK fan and believe you me, our lore is watertight.

So. Excited! Keep 'em coming!
    Last edited by Monkeythumbz; 25th Sep 2013 at 15:56.
    Square Enix London Studios Community Manager
    Nosgoth Community : Facebook | Twitter | YouTube | Twitch

Pls invite me

My question is how recognizable will Nosgoth be to the already established franchise. Art direction and graphics aside, but in regard to the narrative.

Excellent. In that case, more questions.

Will there be any appearances from the remaining Lieutenants as NPCs in cutscenes, etc., or will it be just "build your party, go to loading screen, play match"?

In this era, what is the state of the smokestacks that block out the sun? There are many trees shown in the trailer, and their existence seems to conflict with the fact that the vampires are running around without bursting into flames. I'm studying in Beijing right now and I can tell you that on an average day, there's just a white haze and you can't really see the sun (but plants obviously still thrive), so I'm curious if you guys have thought at all about the level of sunlight necessary for vampires to be safe while still keeping plants alive.

Similar to the issue of three- versus five-clawed vampires (which I believe is explained by the fact that that is an evolution that happens on an individual basis after several hundred years, so it would make sense for grunts not to have that attribute), how come the Razielim's wings sprout from their shoulders instead of their lower backs like Raziel's did?

Where, exactly, is Kain? Has he jumped ahead in time to meet Raziel after his return from the Abyss?

Hello. I love the art work, and the time setting because it enriches so much of the Legacy of Kain story I already know- but my question here is, why set it in the era in which it has been set when there are so many gaps of time that are relatively undeveloped to choose from? What, precisely made the era or Raziel's decent more appealing for you then, say the Ancient Vampire/Hylden era of warring? Or perhaps the era of the Serafan? Or even the time era post Soul Reaver?

I accidentally posted my questions in the other thread.

If this is set before vampires are completely degenerate, like in SR1, how come the Razielim showcased is completely degenerate?

Why do the vid say this is set after SR1 if it isnt, and if it is, how does whole thing make any sense at all?

Or are we throwing the lore out and nothing is canon? Because that's kind of 99% of the appeal of LoK. That and the voice acting, of which I wonder about. Will we have Simon Templemann at least narrate the intro or something?

By the way, we do remember that humans are confined to a single city and only kept around as challenge for fledgling vampires, and that without vampire stewardship of the Pillars (which should be shattered at this point in the timeline), the world will inevitably end up in a hellish nightmare (where hilariously, humans are still barely around, now hunting demons, with cannons and dogs, in the far future compared to this.)

Siiigh, I fully expect forum purges, account bans and whatnot already.

This is probably a stupid question but I'll ask it anyway...
    The FAQ states that the game runs on several Windows operating systems but I do not see Windows 8 listed - will the game run on this?
    Ta muchly!

Hey. I wanted to know how many people will there be per team? I can see 3 classes does this mean 3v3? If so could you possibly make game modes with more than just this number.

More question marks!

I have asked the same question via twitter but :

1) I can understand Dumahim and Turelim but how can you link Razielim to the Lore? Is it even possible according to the storyline? Havent they vanished, already? Sorry if im missing some lore, it has been 3 years since i looked into it. If they are not vanished, i may repeat the same wing question (can be seen above) the wings of Razielim are different from Raziels. Will we accept that as a change of original modelling?

2) Kain is a huge question mark. If he is gone:

- What happened to Janos,
    - pillers,
    - the Hylden Lord and the Hylden invasion?

3) If you are gonna enlarge the original Lore, will Raziel still be trapped in Reaver and will we see an evolved Kain?

4) Will we see any effects of fake god's death?

5) Is this game the beginning? Like a training before big match? If you get a chance to remake or continue the story, are you into it?

Best wishes!
    Last edited by Lovermanest; 25th Sep 2013 at 17:35.

Are those Hylden statues in that concept art at (2:24) of the announcement trailer?

Last edited by Therealrabban; 25th Sep 2013 at 17:53. Reason: adding pic

Hello there! Thank you for bringing Nosgoth back to life. I’ll save my ramblings about the impressions from the trailer and provided descriptions for another topic. My questions:

1) Why Dumahim where chosen to be a type of stealth/stalker class? In Soul Reaver they didn’t seem to exhibit any characteristic features of that kind of vampire, in my opinion, that description fits much more into Zephonim. Dumah’s offspring represented a kind of regular, quite versatile soldier, while Zephon’s sons (and daughters?), as creatures resembling spiders, climbing the walls and lurking in the dark, would be much more expected for the proposed class. I thought that their still human forms would somehow indicate their devolution and skills shown in SR1.

2) Will the vampires have skill characteristic to their clans? For example Turelim’s telekinetic projectiles, or Dumahim’s constrict?

3) The appearance of the vampires. Razielim is depicted as already devolved monster, while Dumahim and Turelim are still quite human. Why did you decide to present them in this way? As far as I can try to understand it is supposed to reflect Raziel’s faster evolution, and the clan being a step ahead than the others. But it seems to be taken quite too far. I would expect that all vampires would exhibit some level of devolution and features from their monster-forms from SR1. And where are their three-clawed hands and strange feet? Those are a must!

4) What will be the locations of the maps, where player are supposed to fight? Are you aiming to set them in new locations, or places where vampires and humans fought (for example the territory of the Dumahim clan, or Silenced Cathedral? YES! MAKE SILENCED CATHEDRAL!!!)?

5) In which timeline will the game be set? Is it the one after all paradoxes from Soul Reaver 2, or is it a version of history unaffected by them?
    Last edited by ViolentMuffin; 25th Sep 2013 at 18:27.

Hello there,I just want to know how will be the skill tree,how many active skill can we have in battle and will it be level?

How will the progression system work in this FTP MP game for the different classes? Will equipment be a part of this progression system? And will players be able to pay to progress faster? Looking forward to more details concerning this aspect of the game!

Page 1 of 9 12345 ... Last