Thread: Why even have the sniper rifle?

Why even have the sniper rifle?

Why even have the sniper rifle?

seriously, I've only found places to use it that were hidden in two levels; Amendment XXV, and Curtians down. Otherwise, you're not given enough room or space to use it without being revealed. Even on Till death do us part... I could not hide in the burned out shack and take out the groom without everyone on the dance square pointing me out.

in the end, I used nothing else but my custom silverballer because I was never too far away to be unable use the scope effectively, and because carrying your shotgun and M4 around always got you killed

You don't have enough imagination.
    It's most useful on House of cards. On 7th floor, to the left side, is a drunk woman who gives you the key to her room then passes out.
    Just get the shiek to the roof, perfect sniper spot.
    I used it to take out both the scientist and the shiek.

And its not really any use on curtains down. Switching the guns is much better.

Originally Posted by martin88
    You don't have enough imagination.
    It's most useful on House of cards. On 7th floor, to the left side, is a drunk woman who gives you the key to her room then passes out.
    Just get the shiek to the roof, perfect sniper spot.
    I used it to take out both the scientist and the shiek.

And its not really any use on curtains down. Switching the guns is much better.
    I yanked the money guy up into the elevator when he first arrived and a placed a bomb in the DNA case which went off when he met the sheik. I tried to use the sniper rifle there, but his body was always found or someone in a room saw me with it. (on pro) I was also able to use my silverballer's scope to do the same thing as the sniper rifle when I was just goofing around

You can use the sniper rifle very effectively in the loft/attic space in "Till Death Do Us Part." I was able to take out the groom without anybody realising where the shot came from.

Originally Posted by nurb
    seriously, I've only found places to use it that were hidden in two levels; Amendment XXV, and Curtians down. Otherwise, you're not given enough room or space to use it without being revealed. Even on Till death do us part... I could not hide in the burned out shack and take out the groom without everyone on the dance square pointing me out.

in the end, I used nothing else but my custom silverballer because I was never too far away to be unable use the scope effectively, and because carrying your shotgun and M4 around always got you killed
    hmm ...you dont have the mind of an assassin then.

I took out the cuban defector from the Garage of the Vet's house with the sniper rifle....didnt even call him on his cell....shot him through the glass and in the head while he was sitting down watching the soccer match.

Took out the groom while inside the greenhouse in Death do us part.

Shot out the bottom of the jacuzzi in the mission of the Senator's son.

Took out the "Angel chick" in the heaven room while she was onstage without anyone seeing

Took out the albino on the white house roof as he was hiding behind the air conditioning unit.

That's just some that came to mind while I typed this. Ive taken out dozens of others as well......oh yea...also took out one of the Crow assassins with it.

Originally Posted by Kareal
    hmm ...you dont have the mind of an assassin then.

I took out the cuban defector from the Garage of the Vet's house with the sniper rifle....didnt even call him on his cell....shot him through the glass and in the head while he was sitting down watching the soccer match.

Took out the groom while inside the greenhouse in Death do us part.

Shot out the bottom of the jacuzzi in the mission of the Senator's son.

Took out the "Angel chick" in the heaven room while she was onstage without anyone seeing

Took out the albino on the white house roof as he was hiding behind the air conditioning unit.

That's just some that came to mind while I typed this. Ive taken out dozens of others as well......oh yea...also took out one of the Crow assassins with it.
    pfft, don't think like an assasin.. I got the silent bonus on every level first time around because I was using the complicated methods, now I wanna use the sniper rifle but am finding it pretty much useless at this point

have you done this on pro? because I tried the loft idea to take out the groom, and even tho none of the guests were visible to me, they all knew where to run (and this is with the silencer on). In fact, as soon as I fired the shot from the greenhouse, everyone knew exactly where I was, and I wasn't even near the window. I was in the corner, furthest away from it.. any further away and I'd be at the front of the house with the dancing guests.

so either theres a bug on pro, or the game is needlessly difficult here

I've tried the loft shoot point for the grom and was caught too. gunna try some other shoot points on normal. beat the game 3 times now

Nobody shot the Opera watcher in curtains down with it? just go behind the scene u will see a trap in the ground shoot him with the sniper rifle there then escape through the trap.

Originally Posted by Kareal
    I've tried to take him out with the sniper rifle like that, but every time I pull it out, the two guards by the front door see me.

i sniped him from the vets also, its by far the easiest way to kill him.to snipe him from the vets. you have to dress as a garbage man and enter through the back window of the vets office. i wonder if how you are disguised has some effect on till death do us part also. i couldn't snipe on that one either. i just poisoned the cake. it was much easier. to kill the old man you can kill the gard on the back porch. disguise yourself. go to his room ,hide in closet , strangle.

The sniper rifle has it's uses, but a silence SMG can also be used to great effect on many level's Murder of Crows comes to mind. You can get access to rooms 'opposite' one of the assassins and take him out (don't try the silverballer, it doesnt always kill)

Plus go to the bookstore beside the main bosses room and you can shoot him between the slats of wood between rooms. Kill the female assisn however you want!

You can use the sniper rifle in 'curtains' from the control room, just fire when the 'executioner' shoots. Or use a silenced silverballer with a scope from the scaffolding.

One bit about the dual scoped silverballers.....in the PS2 version when you go to scope you put one of the guns away which allows you to pick up briefcases and still be armed, yet be able to fall back on 2 guns when you need to!

How do you get into the light control room to snipe the guy in Curtains Down? I found the entrance and the key card, but it says I have the wrong card. The worker guy walks up to it and tries to use his card too and it doesn't open, so I figure he's trying to fix it.

Did you gt the card from the security office...if you're disguised as a worker you can just walk in and pick it up......at least on PS2

Yes I took it from the desk in the room next to the elevator. In my inventory it says light control room or whatever. I even killed the worker and took his key, it doesn't work either.

Originally Posted by jimnms
    Yes I took it from the desk in the room next to the elevator. In my inventory it says light control room or whatever. I even killed the worker and took his key, it doesn't work either.
    Dude...your using the wrong key for the wrong door.

On the 3rd floor of the theater, there's a lights control room right above one of the primary targets and also facing down towards the opera singer. That's the best sniper point.

If you want to access that room the worker's fixing, you need to go to the back of the locker rooms, go downstairs until you see rats running around. kill these rats, once their all dead, a card should appear on the table in the room. It's small but you can see it.

Take it and use it on the door the worker was fixing.

Must be some real difference between the PC and PS2 versions.....

I don't wanna spoil the secret behind the door the worker is fixing That door isn't the access to the lights control room. THe Lights control room is ABOVE the diplomat.

Ok, I forgot about the door on the 3rd floor. I never bothered to go up there after the initial exploration part. I finally got to see what was behind that door the worker was fixing too. Are there any other easter eggs like this on the other levels?