Thread: StarTopia Rendering Error?

StarTopia Rendering Error?

Exclamation StarTopia Rendering Error?

Hey - I have a problem with StarTopia >.< The E meter doesn't display the E properly. It leaves out the right-most and bottom-most pixels in the numbers. This isn't a tremendously large problem...but it's annoying to try and translate all the numbers into our phoenecian ones...i have the latest drivers for my card (ATI 7000), and I even tried to get tomF to help me..and he's apparently stumped. anti-aliasing is off, aniso is off, and all the settings are set to default. The weird part is that this happened recently, after I had already been playing startopia for a number of weeks. I even tried uninstalling completely and reinstalling fress, but to no avail. Anyone have any idea how this problem came about, or how to fix it?

nvm - i managed to fix it. I DLed the newest Mesa OpenGL drivers i could find (via milkshape3d.com) - fixed the problem just fine.

Years ago I remember my voodoo card doing the same thing once, with a similar fix - drivers.
    Startopia on a voodoo1 and a cyrix 333Mhz CPU, those were the days.

Why would OpenGL drivers help? StarTopia uses DirectX. You people are doing some weird things to your poor machines...

TomF.

Weird Antonyms from Dictionary.com:
    common, conventional, customary, natural, normal, regular, standard, straight, typical, unexceptional, usual.

I think I like being weird better...