Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast

Thread: Check out this TR1 remake trailer!

Lightbulb Check out this TR1 remake trailer!

For those of you who don't visit the TR General Forum, take a look at this courtesey of Rivendell:

"Edit:
    The video “Cancelled PSP Tomb Raider Project” has not been authorized for release by Core Design or Eidos. Copyright in the video and trademarks in the video are owned by Core Design Ltd and Sony Computer Entertainment. The video should be withdrawn from any website showing it immediately and any copies of the video should be deleted."

See how many old levels you can spot. It's awesome.

OH. MY. GOD

If that really was cancelled then thats a tragedy for Tomb Raider indeed. That video was unbelievable.

I say again

OH. MY. GOD

If that is legit, it would be a tragedy for it to have been canceled.

Quote Originally Posted by MattD
    The video “Cancelled PSP Tomb Raider Project” has not been authorized for release by Core Design or Eidos. Copyright in the video and trademarks in the video are owned by Core Design Ltd and Sony Computer Entertainment. The video should be withdrawn from any website showing it immediately and any copies of the video should be deleted."
    Oh dear, that's a shame.

For anyone who didn't see it, it was glorious. All the old favourites - The Cistern, Egypt, Atlantis, St. Francis's Folly and so on with beautifully updated graphics. A large T rex chomping on and tossing raptors 30 foot into the air, Lara sneaking up on litterbug Pierre, fighting off packs of wolves with the pistols, it was all there.

Unbelievable indeed.

"and any copies of the video should be deleted."

Yes...errmm,...I'll be sure to do that...

You know what struck me first of all when I watched it? (and I know this is just gonna annoy anyone who can't watch it now that Eidos has just gone all medievil on our a**es) was how many attributes from Legend it had, pour example:

-Falling off a ledge and grabbing on with one hand (in exactly the same movement used in Legend)
    -Shimmying very quickly across a ledge in a VERY Legend fashion
    -Round aiming crosshairs appearing on targeted enemies (loved the way she pointed one gun at a raptor on her left and the other gun at a raptor on her right)

Makes you wonder just how much of next gen Lara already planned and built by Core that CD inherited. If this video is..cough* was legit then it looked to me very much like there were significant improvements in Laras movement and fluidity that CD simply copied and pasted into Legend.

As Susan said though, it really was beautiful.

Quote Originally Posted by Straw Dog
    Makes you wonder just how much of next gen Lara already planned and built by Core that CD inherited. If this video is..cough* was legit then it looked to me very much like there were significant improvements in Laras movement and fluidity that CD simply copied and pasted into Legend.
    I thought the moves were similar to Legend's and so I presumed that Crystal had made it...

If it is all Core's work, then I have to wonder what Crystal spent 3 years doing developing Legend... Deciding whether to use 3 balls on pressure pads in this room, or blocks? Pink winter top for this level or blue?

On the other hand, if Core were capable of making such a game then why didn't they make something like that instead of AoD? A game that plays like TR1 with gorgeously updated graphics is all I ever wanted from next gen TR.

I believe the idea was to use Legend updates [Lara and the game engine] to do a remake. It is very unfortunate that Eidos has scraped this idea [even though it seemed like they were only going to release the game to push PSP].

The trailer was really tantalizing and I believe a remake would be well-received by fans and a good complement to Legend. Not much "creativity" would be required, since the plot, scenes layout, etc., has already been done in the original. I sincerely hope that Eidos will reconsider, and release for PC, at least. Its the cheapest way to go, and everybody has a PC.

Quote Originally Posted by Straw Dog
    OH. MY. GOD

If that really was cancelled then thats a tragedy for Tomb Raider indeed. That video was unbelievable.
    and I think it's a tragedy that TR1 will be modified in any way. seriously, gameplay and the atmosphere would be compltely diffrent...and there are tiny chances that this remake will be better then the original since the original is PERFECT. nothing should be added to that version.

however, I have a feeling that we will see a TR1 remake someday, unfortunatly.

edit: something here doesn't make sense to me...Core were working on it in...2003? 2004? sounds weird.

shirl123, did you see the trailer?

Before I saw it I might have agreed with you too. But then I was blown away by how well it did look.

Quote Originally Posted by TRBeth
    The trailer was really tantalizing and I believe a remake would be well-received by fans and a good complement to Legend. Not much "creativity" would be required, since the plot, scenes layout, etc., has already been done in the original. I sincerely hope that Eidos will reconsider, and release for PC, at least. Its the cheapest way to go, and everybody has a PC.
    I know, it doesn't make any sense to me. It's like why go this far and then drop it? Looking at it, it seemed pretty far along in the development process, I recognized so many levels... Sigh. Y'know, seeing that trailer just reminded me how lacking Legend was as a TR game.

Red Face (Embarrassed)

Anniversary edition, oh wow.

Hopefully Eidos will be paying this thread special attention and will see the support for such an edition to be released. I know there are probably major legal issues to consider but I would love to see the project reactivated...

:drool: :drool:

Exclamation

WHERE's THE LINK?!?! am I too late>?!?! I'd cry if I missed this 'cause I just LOVE TOMB RAIDER

"The video “Cancelled PSP Tomb Raider Project” has not been authorized for release by Core Design or Eidos. Copyright in the video and trademarks in the video are owned by Core Design Ltd and Sony Computer Entertainment. The video should be withdrawn from any website showing it immediately and any copies of the video should be deleted."
    Can't say I'm surprised. First the info leak, then it's embargoed, then a couple weeks later it's officially announced. It was like that with Legend all along, remember?

Exclamation

I've seen it and I want to cry and break down (yes, that's just how great TOMB RAIDER is for me) for 2 reasons:

1) SOO BEAUTIFUL!! ALL RECOGNIZEBLE LEVELS AND NEW ONES!! & THE DINOSAURS - -osgsge OMG!!!!!!!!!!

2) 'cause it's considered CANCELED when the trailer just pumped me up so much and made me cry!!! and now rumours is gonna go crazy and no matter the demand, EIDOS probably won't bother with us...or will they...

Quote Originally Posted by Joshorty
    ALL RECOGNIZEBLE LEVELS AND NEW ONES!!
    New levels? I'm pretty sure all of them were straight from TR1.

Big Grin

Sorry. maybe I'm just too hyped up...and broken down . There are some new places I haven't seen before that gets me drivin' crazy

Exclamation

And I think I know why it was cancelled ...did you guys see at the end of the trailer where it had a PSP LOGO and a CORE DESIGN LOGO?? And a while back, I heard they kinda kicked CORE DESIGN OUT from EIDOS or something and since CORE made the first one and original...I think you guys know where I'm kinda gettin' at here but I just can't put it in words...AIYAA TOBY GARD should definently stand up for this one!!!...
    And I dunno why but I'm leaning on CORE DESIGN more than CRYSTAL DYNAMICS on this one...because they made the first one...WITH TOBY GARD...this is odd, I'm going more on this game then LEGENDs...

If it really was cancelled , than I'm glad it was. You guys said that the cancllation (sorry for my spelling) of the remake what a tradgy for Tomb Raider. I think that if the remake was not cancelled, than Lara would lose more fans than before because I don't care how good it looks, Tomb Raider 1 IS WHAT MADE TOMB RAIDER AND LARA CROFT FAMOUS in the FIRST PLACE!!!! And a remake would in my opion kill Tomb Raider. I was not happy when I saw a link to that on my forums so when I got the e-mail I was more than happy to delete the link. Yes, I enjoyed Legend, but I did NOT count it as TR7 I count it as TR1, because its the first time Crystal Dynamics did a TR game. I really DO NOT LIKE WHERE TOMB RAIDER is headed. And you guys thought that Angel of Darkness was bad, I really enjoyed that game. And if they went through with the remake I would have lost my faith in Tomb Raider and in Lara Croft as well. I'm not happy about somethings and I will NOT mention it here. But I also know that I cannot really do anything about it. I MISS CORE DESIGN!!!!!!!!!

Quote Originally Posted by Susan
    shirl123, did you see the trailer?

Before I saw it I might have agreed with you too. But then I was blown away by how well it did look.
    of course I did! ...and it made me feel even worse about it.
    have you ever heard of "command & conquer: the first decade"? this is how an anniversary pack should be like [as long as it works perfectly with XP]!

edit:
    Quote Originally Posted by TREEBLE
    Can't say I'm surprised. First the info leak, then it's embargoed, then a couple weeks later it's officially announced. It was like that with Legend all along, remember?
    yeah, I don't think it's completly gone. maybe Core's project, yes, but I think that CD are up to something similar.
    I really hope I'm wrong.

read here:
    statement

read what alcryst says.

I quote:
    "Please will everyone understand this trailer was produced from two different projects. it has video from a TR project made by core a year or two ago, and also from the other one underway at Crystal, but the trailer shows footage from both.

The engine is derived from TRL PSP and using original assets from TR1. Some TRL assets are in there temporarily.

Eidos own core, and core own TR, hence both logos appear. But core did not make all the video shown on google. we do not now where the video came from but it was never meant to release and there will be some words in the morning. this morning was shocking as we found out about all this, but there are a lot of unhappy people right now this was going to be our big major surprise but someone has ruined it for us."

(emphasis by me)
    I Love Anniversary.

Red Face (Embarrassed)

Thanks for the statement link.

To me, it is still a surprise regardless of whether it was leaked or officially announced, and so nothing has been ruined. I am pleased and delighted the project was even considered let alone started, and of course the surprise element of 'will it be further developed and finalised?' or not is still there.

Be unhappy that someone stole your (Eidos/CD/Core) work and posted it on the internet, but please know that the fact of the game behind the leak is every bit the surprise you hoped it would be, regardless of announcement (or lack of) timing.

Ditto that
    I Love Anniversary.

The Cistern must be one of my all time fav levels, and so seeing it so beautifully recreated was a treat. If I never get to play it, life will go on, but I will be disapointed.

Quote Originally Posted by Lone Raider
    we do not now where the video came from but it was never meant to release and there will be some words in the morning. this morning was shocking as we found out about all this, but there are a lot of unhappy people right now this was going to be our big major surprise but someone has ruined it for us."

(emphasis by me)
    OMG. Now I am completely excited. They're going to release it, it's not cancelled?!!!

Quote Originally Posted by shir123
    of course I did! ...and it made me feel even worse about it.
    have you ever heard of "command & conquer: the first decade"? this is how an anniversary pack should be like.
    You didn't find those images tempting at all?! Fair enough shirl123. But when it comes out I think you should give it a go with the rest of us, just incase...

Quote Originally Posted by Susan
    OMG. Now I am completely excited. They're going to release it, it's not cancelled?!!!
    Didn't I say? It'd be problematic for SCi to cancel a major product advertised in RNS 9261R without mentioning, to my knowledge, it in a RNS. Peculiar, nonetheless, that they didn't refer to it in their AGM Update Presentation from February 2006.

Exclamation

I'm sorry but I'm going to my full demand for this project to come back 'cause TOMB RAIDER (I) is the heart of TOMB RAIDER and every fans knows that!! Having it cancelled is too heartborken for me to hear! Now this thread's gonna go crazy...and the statement thing...wow. it was leaked out and now wants it deleted...o man...do you really think they'll change their mind in putting the project back together?!?! I mea, it's already hypin' lots of people!

Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast