Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Check out this TR1 remake trailer!

Quote Originally Posted by Joshorty
    I'm sorry but I'm going to my full demand for this project to come back 'cause TOMB RAIDER (I) is the heart of TOMB RAIDER and every fans knows that!! Having it cancelled is too heartborken for me to hear! Now this thread's gonna go crazy...and the statement thing...wow. it was leaked out and now wants it deleted...o man...do you really think they'll change their mind in putting the project back together?!?! I mea, it's already hypin' lots of people!
    Theres no way this has been cancelled, watching it again after reading that dudes statement (Not that such a thing is possible now..cough ) It all makes sense. You can tell which are the CD parts and which are by Core. Also he said it was going to be their big surprise but has been spoiled, he didn't say 'it was going to be our big surprise but now you all know about it we're not going to do it anymore'. Who do you really think has fed the line..'its been cancelled' onto the web and why? Certainly wouldn't be anyone who still wants to maintain as much surprise as they can by making people think its not actually gonna happen.. then... WHAM! here it is after all people!!!

Don't worry dude, I'm gonna hazard a bet that you'll be playing this thing before you know it.

TOMB RAIDER
    ANNIVERSARY EDITION
    Ten years ago a legend was born
    It all began here...

WOW...It looks like Core were really onto something.
    I love the way that it looks possible to target two enemies at once.
    You even catch a glimpse of a mine cart track (TR 3 anyone?)...YAY!!!

Bring this to PS3, 360, PC & PSP this November...Pretty Please!!!
    "Aha!" - Lara Croft (1996).........."Arrrghhhh!" (2016)
    signature image

Darn it... I didn't get to watch!

Well, I was never really in favor of doing a remake, mainly because I felt it would be better to devote their time to giving us something new, not something we played ten years ago. On the other hand, if the project is already underway, then I hope they stick with it. I have to admit, it WOULD be fun to be able to replay some of those classic levels again. I hope they vary them a bit though. I don't want it to be an EXACT replica of TR1 with prettier graphics-- give us some new puzzles that make use of the environmental/physics-based puzzles that Legend has. And remember, in TR1, Lara couldn't climb or swing on ropes. It would be a shame to go back to that. Maybe they could rework the levels a bit so that Lara does have places where she can use these skills.
    Oh, and this better come out for the Xbox if it ever gets made! (my subpar PC can't handle new TR games anymore.)
    This signature has been banned by the department of health.

Because of all the fuss regarding Core's existance, Core-design have said this in response to the fuss about Core and the TR-anniversary threads in Tomb Raider Forums:

8th June 2006, 12:06:51
    Following forum speculation that Core Design is no longer trading, we're pleased to say we're still very much here, so worry not. In fact, we're waiting to officially announce some very exciting news very, very soon. Watch this space.

Since Benny has been online most of the time since posting that, maybe they are waiting to see how many are interested before saying anything further.
    http://www.core-design.com/coreforum...read.php?t=133

Quote Originally Posted by Blue Skies
    It'd be awesome, but no PS3, please. PS3 = Blu-ray, which would mean PC users would need loads and loads of space on hard drive.

Hm, at no links... there type in the search field tomb raider cancelled in.
    Do-Not-Spam!
    Do-Not-E-Mail-Registry!
    But you may reply to this e-mail.

http://www.findmadeleine.com/

As I see it, TRL perhaps was aimed to a new generation of gamers, like a reborn or relaunch of the franchise, or whatever you want to call it. I liked it anyway. But a "Tomb Raider Anniversary Edition" is... heck, must be, by all means, aimed to the large fan base of the franchise (that's us, kindly named "old raiders"). But new raiders, who didn't have the luck of playing the original game, have the right to been amazed as well. I don't mind the update of the game, exploiting new capabilities, both in hardware and in user gameplay. I made the mistake of watching that "banned" trailer, and now I'm in a permanent state of glory, thinking about that wonderfull edition. What I'm afraid, is a shameless plug into a new hardware. Like "Only for PSP", or something like that. It must be a full scale launching, cross-plataforming the game in every direction. At least I can hope for that. Let's see what happens.
    "To paint comic books as childish and illiterate is lazy. A lot of comic books are very literate - unlike most films." - Alan Moore
    http://img233.imageshack.us/img233/7...mersig32sp.jpg

I understand that you are all excited about the video, however, please do not post links to where it can be located.

I don't mean to be the bad guy, but if it continues I am going to have to start banning...

Talk = okay
    Links/Screens/Media = not okay

Quote Originally Posted by Nerevar
    Didn't I say? It'd be problematic for SCi to cancel a major product advertised in RNS 9261R without mentioning, to my knowledge, it in a RNS.
    No you didn't say before Nerevar.

You did however mention that they didn't refer to the 10th anniversary edition in their AGM Update, but I just tried to ignore that like I always do when I hear something I don't want to, lol. La, la, la, la, la...

It is peculiar indeed though.

Quote Originally Posted by MattD
    I understand that you are all excited about the video, however, please do not post links to where it can be located.

I don't mean to be the bad guy, but if it continues I am going to have to start banning...

Talk = okay
    Links/Screens/Media = not okay
    lol, Matt you big meanie! where's your festive spirit? This is like christmas in the tomb raider world. Ah well, no more linkys from Straw Doggie then. This game is kind of like Area 51, we all know its out there but the officials deny it exists.

And sharing per e-mail?
    Do-Not-Spam!
    Do-Not-E-Mail-Registry!
    But you may reply to this e-mail.

http://www.findmadeleine.com/

Quote Originally Posted by MattD
    We appreciate your understanding on our excitement. Least we can do is be polite and behave ourself.

Quote Originally Posted by Straw Dog
    This game is kind of like Area 51, we all know its out there but the officials deny it exists.
    Waiting for the Men in Black...
    "To paint comic books as childish and illiterate is lazy. A lot of comic books are very literate - unlike most films." - Alan Moore
    http://img233.imageshack.us/img233/7...mersig32sp.jpg

Big Grin

I AM SO RELEIVED!! Thanks for that statement whoever putted up

Hey, Going through with the remake will be the HUGGEST mistake they could make, escpessally Eidos. If its true and they do release it, I'm not going to buy it. I really do not want there to be a remake of TR 1 unless Core is put on doing TR again and they re-release the game with Annaverity Edition on it. I wouldn't mind that, but having Crystal Dynamics do a remake with Legend moves and graphics, I'm starting to lose my faith, if this is true, in the Tomb Raider series and Lara Croft. I seriouly will not buy this game if its release. And if they do remake of TR2 than Tomb Raider and Lara will lose me as a fan. That is how upset I am, and I'm going to stand up for Core since none of you guys care about what happens to Tomb Raider. And they were doing a great job with Tomb Raider, all Crystal Dynamics cares about is money they don't care about the fans and the same goes for the reviewers as well, they just care about money. They don't care about the fans and they DO NOT care about the game or Lara, and Core Design did, the only reason Angel of Darkness was "bad" was because Core Design was rushed and that is why it didn't live up to the standards we wanted. I'm sorry if I'm offending anyone, but this is how I feel, and I'm going to stand by it!!! You bet there are unhappy fans out there!!

And you can bet there are happy fans out there, too.

Exclamation

Quote Originally Posted by dantheraider
    That is how upset I am, and I'm going to stand up for Core since none of you guys care about what happens to Tomb Raider. And they were doing a great job with Tomb Raider, all Crystal Dynamics cares about is money they don't care about the fans...
    um..I DID say I was leaning on CORE for this one 'cause they have that "TOMB RAIDER" spirit within them And I get what you mean about Crystal Dynamics. I myself, honestly thought they'd do a great job but it wasn't so so great but just great, yet not a the game I expected from LEGEND but o well. AND I do care about what happens to TOMB RAIDER. But Crystal Dynamics did do a great job with Legend, just didn't meet all of the fans expectations but still good

Oh yeah I know. I really do hope its been cancelled, Legend was aimed at a diferent type of gamers and to bring back fans that "lost faith because of Angel of Danrkness." Now if Core was doing the remake and they were updating the graphics and changing somethings around than I wouldn't mind it. But I really want there to be a re-release of the game. This is crap! I love legend, really I do, but all Crystal Dynamics cares about is money this and money that, if we do this we will get this x amount of money. Not to mention Crystal Dynamics will proably make Natla look bad to all the Natla fans. I mean come one do not mess with something that made TR famous in the first place, I made a Save Lara, which is the title of the video, today and I am going to post a link on my site to the download. Because I don't about you but if CD goes through with it you guys can say good bye to this fan, I will still play and build TR levels, but I'm not going to get anymore TR games from CD again if they go through with it.

Big Grin

I hear ya. Well hopefully things turns out well for you. All I can say is that I'm just gonna patiently wait and see...

Quote Originally Posted by dantheraider
    all Crystal Dynamics cares about is money this and money that, if we do this we will get this x amount of money.
    Uhh... yeah. When I think of Crystal Dynamics - the company that has produced countless underappreciated titles like Legacy of Kain and Whiplash - the first thing I think of is "a company that's only out to make money."

I would buy a PS2, Xbox, or PC release of this Anniversary Edition in a second, because Legend was so well-made, and because I really liked the environments in the video. Hopefully it was only cancelled in terms of the PSP release, because I'd like a version of the first TR that not only looks much better, but that I can actually play through because it has a control system that isn't clunky and unintuitive.

You all should be delighted. How many fans of other series get updated versions of older installments? This would never happen with a game like Soul Reaver, System Shock, Wasteland, Marathon, or any other number of cult classics.

Furthermore, I think you're being more than a little ridiculous for claiming that it's better for it *not* to come out. Is this new release going to come into your house and break your copies of the old version? If not, why are you upset? Because *more* people might end up liking the series? That would sure be horrible.
    Legacy of Kain: The Lost Worlds
    http://www.thelostworlds.net/

Quote Originally Posted by blincoln
    Uhh... yeah. When I think of Crystal Dynamics - the company that has produced countless underappreciated titles like Legacy of Kain and Whiplash - the first thing I think of is "a company that's only out to make money."
    well, I'm sure they aren't as bad as EA or Maxis
    I think they did a great job with TRL. of course some things in there botherd me [the controls for example], but it's a good game.

Susan - yeah, I will...I guess. I'm not going to buy it, but my friend's sister probably will [unless she thinks the same way I do].

Quote Originally Posted by Blue Skies
    You even catch a glimpse of a mine cart track (TR 3 anyone?)...YAY!!!

Actually, that would be Natla's Mines.

And this really looks too good to be true, oh please Eidos, please Crystal Dynamics! Please make this game come to life.

I'm just disappointed that they stopped the links before I got to see it
    signature image
    ...previously known as "Mum"

Question

I feel bad...they actually meant to have kept it as a suprise for us

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast