Page 2 of 7 First First 123456 ... Last

Thread: Hitman wishlist

Hitman wishlist

Originally Posted by scotty47
    I think you should have a specially trained team of piranahs with oxygen tanks on their backs so they can breathe on land and you can set them on enemies and they will eat them all up then do a massive belch. hmm, what about the bones though....?
    hmmmmm..... thats a nice idea for... postal 2....... no kidding.... seriously, it could be a great idea for postal 2..... thats not 47`s style..... it leaves too many blood

I wish they'd come up with a way for 47 to grab people from the front. I can't stand having to sneak around behind them in order to stick the syringe, use as a human shield, fibre wire etc. Is that difficult to grab someone from the front, turn them and pull off the action? 47 could even pop them in the nose before turning them to disorientate them.

Originally Posted by clockwork9
    I wish they'd come up with a way for 47 to grab people from the front. I can't stand having to sneak around behind them in order to stick the syringe, use as a human shield, fibre wire etc. Is that difficult to grab someone from the front, turn them and pull off the action? 47 could even pop them in the nose before turning them to disorientate them.
    Ill tell you why its like that- the graphical engine on Hitman Blood Money its the same graphical engine since Hitman: Codename 47. Only improved alot, there is still the same problem- you sometimes fiber wire someone- 47 standing somewhere fiberwiring while the guy he is killing is 1 meter far away from 47(its funny to see him dying from fiber wiring when nobody actually fiber wires him....), the point is that it would look horrible because there are a lot of lags, and the move is pretty complicated, it could show everybody the old hitman lags..... dammit they need a new graphical engine....

Ya, it would be great to be able to approach targets in a variety of ways, creeping down a rope, hiding on top of boxes, come out of the water and pull someone in, and maybe for the easy setting, pull the "wow, look at the behind you!!"

Originally Posted by illyB
    Ya, it would be great to be able to approach targets in a variety of ways, creeping down a rope, hiding on top of boxes, come out of the water and pull someone in, and maybe for the easy setting, pull the "wow, look at the behind you!!"
    It would be possible only with a new engine.....

I agree, but if you're just sedating someone, you'll want to do it from behind so they don't see you and see a scetch of your face in the news paper.

Originally Posted by illyB
    Or chloroform.

Though I would like a "Judo-chop" key where with either a gun or a hand you can strike a guy from behind and knock them out cold. Fast and quick.

Or if he can do that "pinch" attack, you know, the one Homer used on his family when he became the Mayor's bodyguard.

Adding new moves could be nice but i like the moves we have now..

Originally Posted by jimnms
    I brought up the changing clothes issue in another topic. I mentioned that in the game Hidden & Dangerous 2 that you could only take someone's clothes if they surrendered because killing them would leave bullet holes and blood on the uniform. I think in Hitman you should only be able to take the clothes if you killed them in a way that didn't leave blood or bullet holes.
    They could have it so that the blood stains remain on the clothing you change into. If it's just a minor bit, it could raise some suspicion, but if you pass by quickly they pay it no mind (unless the tension gauge is already high)

But if there's a whole lot of blood, then civilins will run over to inform a guard, where upon they'll come over to check you out.

And on that subject, there needs to be more of security/police coming over to question/apprehend you quietly first, instead of them just whipping a gun out and firing away. Just more realistic that way (and of course, if Eidos wanted to go for gold they could even give 47 an option to throw his hands in the air to surrender (in cases where he's obviously busted), at which point you could snap their necks when they get close)

It'd obviously make the controls a little more complicated to have it as a whole seperate move, but what they could do is that his regular close up headbutt move (always felt it's a little inelegent for a hitman but hey) could send the guy spinning around opposite you holding his nose for a second. That'd then give you a chance to pull out whatever weapon you need to attack from the back.

But now The other idea I had (and reason why I actually signed up for this forum in the first place)...

More animations and options to blend in with the crowd:

Like a heap of times you'll just be standing about watching and waiting for someone to pass you by. It'd be nice if there was some idle animations where you're pretending to look at your watch, admire the scenary, etc... instead of just standing their staring them out suspiciously.

Likewise goes for being able to take a seat at a bar, sit down in a hotel lobby and look busy.

Also it'd be nice if there was some random animations for when you're walking by security, if Agent 47 would try to obscure his face from being remembered, say by casually looking the other way, or putting his hand in front of his face to scratch his head. That sorta stuff.

It's no gameplay innovator.. but it does add to the immersion of being a hitman, and that's one of the biggest draws for this game to me after all.

one more thing- i think it would be nice if 47 could "sabotage guns", i mean take out the gun with something, so the gun wont shoot, i think if some guards could put away their gun or maybe hold it in some place and walk around with no gun(but be prepared with a radio!) and all the guns will be in one place, so it would be realistic if 47 could "sabotage" them. Like, if you start a shoot-out and the guards gun- isnt shooting! it could be like this- "Hey? What the ? Whats wrong with my *** gun?????" "*** cheap crap! Ill complain to my *** boss!!!!" "Dammit,my * can shoot better"

What do you think?

Some of the posts are becoming "non hitman"

Coming out of the water for a surprise attack?

Judo Chop?

Sounds a little like Splinter Cell and perhaps Splinter Cell: Double Agent

2nd to the last post was good; having more stuff to do to make you look busy instead of staring at people blankly.

Also I sincerely hope/hoped that when you approach the camera that if you're not completely seen on camera you shouldnt be noted "caught on camera" it just gave a warning for you to make a different approach.

I haven't finished all of Blood Money yet so I dunno if these are in it or not

but triggered events is a must.

So far everything has a rigid pattern, and while that's cool for planning hits, it'd be good to have things that happen just one time and make you say "whoah".

These could be small things that just help make the game more cinematic, or they could be big things which completely change how you have to approach the level afterwards.

Rival assassins.

I know there was talk of having them in Blood Money if your notoriety was too high, although it was probably a good idea they didn't make the cut. But what say that instead of trying to come after you, they were playing a part in the story?

For example early on in the game, you might just notice that there's someone else on your missions killing people--you may even see one of them sneaking out a window or killing a guard if you're quick, and then as things move on it becomes more apparent that these other hitmen are trying to beat you to the same targets. There could even be some missions where you've got to beat them to the punch, or kill to be more specific (not true real-time, but simulated by using a number of triggered events).

Heck, you may even need to hunt down these assassins yourself! How would Agent 47 go up against an intelligent and paranoid target who knows all the tricks themselves?

(and if you do decide to go for the rival hitman angle in any shape or form, remember that female assassins FTW )

thoughts

could it also be possible to include references to 'real life' assassinations through the use of some of Hitman's weapons? he could have a ricin walking stick like that assassin that killed that russian bloke in the 70's...

or did i totally make that up?!

Originally Posted by ltolman
    Judo Chop?
    You mean to say that when a Hitman needs to knock out someone they humanshield them and then knock them out rather than just hit them on the head with their pistol from behind?

The Judo chop was just a form of expression.

Barcode Bomb

I haven't played any of the previous games so I wonder what the barcode does. Wouldn't it be cool if it was linked to a bomb in 47's brain and if scanned by a special laser created by Ortmeier, 47's head exploded. I think the new Hitman game should involve the Franchise, who recently reverse-engineered and mass-produced this laser-gun, giving the gun out to their assassins who track 47 during each mission. Along with his marks, 47 must also kill the assassins and retrieve a crucial piece of data from each gun that brings him closer to finding the Franchise. If 47 is shot with the gun, he has a certain amount of time to kill the assassin and destroy the gun. At point blank, he instantly dies. In the last level, 47 will infiltrate their secret base, which is underground a baseball "franchise's" stadium. Each sentry will carry a specialized version of the laser gun that causes instantaneous death if 47 is shot by it. If anyone at Eidos thinks this is a good idea, e-mail me at tkdlacrosse29@yahoo.com. I have millions more.

Originally Posted by snakerecon29
    I haven't played any of the previous games so I wonder what the barcode does. Wouldn't it be cool if it was linked to a bomb in 47's brain and if scanned by a special laser created by Ortmeier, 47's head exploded. I think the new Hitman game should involve the Franchise, who recently reverse-engineered and mass-produced this laser-gun, giving the gun out to their assassins who track 47 during each mission. Along with his marks, 47 must also kill the assassins and retrieve a crucial piece of data from each gun that brings him closer to finding the Franchise. If 47 is shot with the gun, he has a certain amount of time to kill the assassin and destroy the gun. At point blank, he instantly dies. In the last level, 47 will infiltrate their secret base, which is underground a baseball "franchise's" stadium. Each sentry will carry a specialized version of the laser gun that causes instantaneous death if 47 is shot by it. If anyone at Eidos thinks this is a good idea, e-mail me at tkdlacrosse29@yahoo.com. I have millions more.
    plz dont spam, we have a sticky tread, write there your ideas. its called- Hitman wishlist, and no, i dont like the idea of 47`s head exploding

Forgive if I repeat some of your suggestions:

- saved games like in HMC (I do have a life outside of video games. Can't spend a lot of time all at once playing)

- More complex missions (I like missions where things don't go according to plan and you have to improvise. Such as traps or perhaps rival assassins beating you to the target. The bonus targets in Flatline was a nice touch.)

- Even more variety in kill methods (You guys did GREAT in Blood Money...I'm drooling for more now)

- A good, complex story involving a "brother". (17 was very underused....had so much potential)

- Worthy opponents. (The assassins I had to kill in the Torture Chamber and on the White House roof went down too easy.....one shot with a sniper rifle did them both in) Personally, I'd like to see more "cat and mouse" type play when it comes to fellow assassins.....shoot-outs just feel out of place.

Anyhow, I LOVED this game. Sure, the levels weren't as great as some have been in the past, but the HUGE number of alternative kill methods more than make up for it. I'm having fun replaying and trying to think up new ways to kill my targets (and a few other unfortunates).

More thoughts.

Been reading through some of the suggestions here and felt inspired to add some more comments:

- I don't like the eBay idea. It would be too easy for police to trace 47 via sales. But I DO like the idea of a good "trophy" room. We haven't seen a decent trophy room since Hitman 2. And I don't just mean guns. In Hitman 2, you could keep other items such as swords, golf clubs, etc. I would have liked to have been able to add The Swing Kings baseball bat (or Sluggers) to my little collection. Not to mention tacking the actors little sketch up on the wall of the hideout. (Yeah, I know, it's a bit against 47s personality......but players would probably enjoy it)

- I agree about the clothes issue. Ever since the first game, I thought it odd that you could wear the clothes of a blood-stained corpse without drawing attention. (I'd also like to see 47 be at risk of blood splatters on his own clothes if he shoots someone too close)

- I'd like to see, in future games, MORE ways of killing targets WITHOUT having previously established methods removed from the game. (Example: I'd love to see Hitman 5 add methods like electrocution, overly waxed floors, tripwires on stairs, etc but without removed methods such as the bomb, human shield, or pushing.)

- I would LOVE to see the ability to frame people added to future Hitman games. I thought about this while playing "A New Life". I had killed Slugger with his own baseball bat and while looking at the bloodstains on it, I thought it would be cool if I could plant it in the van of either the clown or caterer. It would make for some funny headlines in the papers. (BTW, I LOVED being able to set up the women in "Amendment XXV" by putting a gun in her luggage)

- Since I just mentioned it, PLEASE keep the newspapers around in future games.

- More evidence to have to worry about (fingerprints, spent shells, 47's blood if he gets shot, etc)

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Quote:
    Forgot to add; if Heindrick finds you with his briefcase he goes nuts and starts shooting at you and the cops do nothing! You can be tearing through the hotel lobby with Heindrick hot on your heels squeezing off rounds in your direction and they could care less...

I find myself replaying House of Cards more often than the others because I prefer the civilian-type scenario missions like Tradition of the Trades.

Yeah the body-bag clean-up is good. It'd be great if actual paramedics could come in after a body has been discovered. Just something a bit more realistic.

The civilians picking up discarded weapons is a nice touch though incredibly annoying sometimes. I got nailed by the hedgeclipping byatch in A New Life after she picked up one of the feds guns.

I like the reinforcements being called in in that level. I wish that happened in all the levels as it's more realistic. There could be fewer guards in the level but the second you slip up, they call for back-up.

POSTED LATER BY Gamer105

Yeah... Ive though about it too... Only with more realism.... So what happens when in real life people find a body? Any guess? They call the cops, the paramedics, maybe even the SWAT (goes perfectly for A House Of Cards). I think it could be more realistic when cops are surrounding the building, it could make a few troubles, could also help you out... Ill think more about this idea. Well, ill copy it to the thread "hitman wishlist"

Weapon rant

First off, I'd like to start off by saying how much I enjoy this forum. As it is my first time posting, I would also like to say that man I hope the guys at eidos read these posts, because their are ideas out the wazoo in these forums. Now to begin, I will start with Hitman Blood Money and the flaws therein.Firstly, for a game that was so highly anticipated, there were very few levels. Granted, I LOVED the last level of the game, and thought "wow, didnt see that one coming" at the point of the "credits" during the last level, but the levels themselves just made the game seem so short. And even with the different options, the game still seemed very linear. But I'm getting ahead of myself here. I shouldnt talk about the problems of the game, but instead maybe some pointers that I believe might make the game a little more interesting. One thing that I found a little was the fact that the game came out with the big feature that you can now "customize" your weapons, when in reality the "custom parts" for your "tools of the trade" are in fact "upgrades" and are not necessarily optional parts, but more like optional-if-you-dont-want-to-get-caught parts. I want the option to pick which guns I can "customize" and then actually customize them. Put different grips on them for better balance or better grip, but at the cost of having the gun be heavier and making it harder to aim, or even putting a scope on a pistol, but have it at the cost that it would be easier to see in your jacket. I want custom parts for custom weapons, not set parts for set weapons. no more "upgrading"!

More to my ranting

First, I agree with almost everything that I read on Gorrister's posts. This guy/girl knows their gaming.
    Second, I like the idea of having other characters so much, I want some Online Multiplayer action. Now you may be saying to yourself "Well, everybody would just pick 47 and there wouldnt be any other characters" but what if in the next game, the Agency was slowly built up again after everybody was killed. So make it in a way like Mission Impossible, where every person has there own specific job to do in order to make sure the other members can prosper on the hit, and so that everyone makes the maximum amount of money that they can to buy upgrades and lost/used equipment. I dont know if that sounds dumb to anyone in the forum, but as with many things, its just an idea, and any criticism towards it doesnt offend me, but enlightens me.
    As for the lair idea, yes, they totally need a new lair for 47. Preferably one that allows you to keep knives and assorted weapons as well as guns and ammo. Maybe even a shop for making new things such as upgrades for weapons, stronger explosives, and practice grounds to help with learing and improving the ropes, so to speak. I need more adaptive AI, more freedom (roaming and such) and more escapes (you walk to the end of the street to leave everytime? Why not just steal a car and leave in style? 47 has to get around somehow.) Like I said, any criticism is good criticism, so feel free to rip me to shreds on anything if it seems stupid.

I think it already is more of a customization method than mere upgrading because you can mix and match which components work best with your style. And you can put scopes on the silverballers, but I can't see why anyone would need to.

Personally, if I'm playing for Silent Assassin, I don't customize anything. I try to get through every level with the basic equipment layout, although I sometimes bring a sniper rifle along.

As for there being too few levels, or the levels being too short, I agree....BUT, if you have played the first two Hitman games, you will see that sometimes more isn't better. yes, they had more levels, but more than a few of the levels were really, really bad (Remember Columbia? Remember Japan?).

Anyhow, my point for posting was to mention a few more 'ideas' that have been discussed elsewhere on this forum, but perhaps not in this thread (unless I missed it).

- slightly more realistic Law Enforcement response to certain situations. For example: In New Orleans, cops will blow your head off if you try to enter a club with the wrong costume on. Does this really deserve a death penalty?? (not to mention they start firing into a huge crowd of innocents) Why not just have the front doors remained locked until the cop unlocks them for you (namely, when you show up with the right costume on)?

- Disguises. I don't mean wearing someone elses clothing, I mean DISGUISES! Watch how the assassin works in the movie "In the Line of Fire". He has a variety of wigs and prostetics to change his appearance before he even arrives on the scene. Would make for a nice little addition to the items we can purchase and help decrease notoriety if we leave any witnesses. (I've always wondered why that barcode isn't more of a giveaway)

- 47 and Dianna have a score to settle. I hope Hitman 5 doesn't ignore this point. Dianna set 47 up to save her own skin and that isn't something someone like 47 is likely to forgive. (Yes, she revived 47, but that was so he would have to kill Cayne...thus making the world safe for her.)

- I LOVED the increased level of 'civilian' targets and the more everyday settings. Love to see more of this.

- I missed not seeing Mei Ling in this game. She was almost as much a part of the past games as Agent Smith.

A traveling system would be tight as hell. Moscow, Venice, Paris, New York, LA, Sydney, Tokyo, London...and you could walk around the town which wouldnt be nearly the size of the acutal city but it would be comprised of districts (or w/e). Just places to gather info, or buy new upgrades and to maybe find "business". This would obviously create 47 into a more freelance type of hitman but it would also create a greater in depth game. You could even buy new Ties or outfits for 47!!!! no... This could be just a mode of play (freelance mode) just like how there is survival mode in the Resident Evil games...mmmhmm

Had another thought, while playing the game, to add to this "wish list":

- NPCs that can navigate the area as well as 47 can. Meaning, NPCs (especially hostiles) who can climb through windows, climb drainpipes, and even CLIMB LADDERS to move around and/or get to 47 if they identify his position.

Can't think of how many times guards have spotted me but couldn't do anything because they couldn't climb, scale walls or hop through an open window.

Also, NPCs don't seen to make use of elevators as much as they probably should. It would just be a bit more realistic if they did.

I know, these are just nit-picks, but I thought I'd voice my opinion anyways.

Ok, this 'wish list' item is a bit of a nit-pick, but it's one I'd like to see corrected in the future.

Namely, objects like the Nailer.

I completely understand that real-life nail guns are loud....but the one in Blood Money has a very, very soft sound to it. Especially when you consider that ANY gun with the best possible silencer on it makes a sound MUCH louder than the nail gun in this game.

Yet, somehow, the soft-sounding nail gun seems to alert every living person on the level.....even if you aren't shooting it at a person! (BTW, why do I deserve to be blown away for shooting rats with a nail gun when an NPC worker does the same thing and nobody bats an eye?)

Anyhow, I just think the response is not proportional to the sound emitted by the weapons in the game. As I said, the silenced guns are VERY loud, yet draw no unwanted attention. The nail gun produces a very soft whisper that seems to attract trigger-happy guards!

Page 2 of 7 First First 123456 ... Last