Thread: first level bluescreen

first level bluescreen

first level bluescreen

not long after i get into the first level i get a bluescreen with the message of nv4_disp something was stuck in an infinite loop yay.... anyone know of this happening?

Cool

What are your system specs and especially graphics card? Try updating drivers.

This is a very bad error, AFAIK, which can be caused by hardware mulfunctions. If new drivers doesn't solve it, there is a chance your card is faulty. It could also be that it gets overheated or that it doesn't get enough power from your power supply unit.

By the way, I was getting that error when I was upgrading my pc and installed 7900GT. Turned out the card had defect RAM. Had to return it for replacement.

AM64 3500+

3 gigs of ram

geforce 6800 ultra

650 watt power supply.... this is the ONLY game this happens to me on, ive had this card for about a year now, first time ive had this happen. heat isnt an issue, ive been monitoring that from reading most of these posts

fully updated drivers, tried reinstalling, lowering all settings, messing with the sound settings, reinstalled video drivers... nothing works it still blue screens with the same message

Cool

In any case, this is well known problem (just check Google for "nv4_disp loop"). It can be triggered by different software (games) on different cards. Maybe this is something you can try:
    http://tweakxp.com/article37164.aspx

ok now i have a new problem.... every few minutes or sometimes 10 seconds apart my cpu usage for blood money goes through the roof and locks the game up for about 10 seconds

FFS =P
    Mobo: Asus P5W DH Deluxe.
    CPU: Intel Core 2 Duo E6400 @ 2.14Ghz.
    RAM: Corsair XMS2 2GB DDR2 800 (PC2 6400).
    Gfx: XFX 8800GTS XXX Edition 640mb/320bit.
    Sound card: Creative Audigy 2 ZS Gamer Edition
    Optical Drives: Asus Combo Drive, Lite-On DVD Burner
    HDD: System: Western Digital Raptor 74GB 10,000 RPM Serial ATA150, Storage: Seagate Barracuda 320GB 7200 RPM Serial ATA3.0Gbs.
    All powered on a Thermaltake 750Watt PSU.

and what exactly would i search for? :\ "pc lockup" ? lol

Originally Posted by krazed
    and what exactly would i search for? :\ "pc lockup" ? lol

Nope, "nv4_disp" there has been another thread about that and it had all the links to a fix. No big deal, just try the search before starting a new thread =X.
    About the lockups, not sure about that. I have no idea what would cause that.
    Mobo: Asus P5W DH Deluxe.
    CPU: Intel Core 2 Duo E6400 @ 2.14Ghz.
    RAM: Corsair XMS2 2GB DDR2 800 (PC2 6400).
    Gfx: XFX 8800GTS XXX Edition 640mb/320bit.
    Sound card: Creative Audigy 2 ZS Gamer Edition
    Optical Drives: Asus Combo Drive, Lite-On DVD Burner
    HDD: System: Western Digital Raptor 74GB 10,000 RPM Serial ATA150, Storage: Seagate Barracuda 320GB 7200 RPM Serial ATA3.0Gbs.
    All powered on a Thermaltake 750Watt PSU.

well today during one of the many many lockups in game i got curious. i got the game running and minimized. went into my task manager and selected performance, played the game until it lockeed a bit, cpu usage went off the scale during the lockup, solid 95-100%.... what the hell is going on?

so as i said, new problem

Your not the first person with a 64 bit CPU reporting problems im afraid, i'll keep an eye out and will post back if i find anything that might help out.