Page 1 of 2 12 Last

Thread: is Renoa Ultimecia ???

is Renoa Ultimecia ???

I have previously read about this topic and heard many points that could prove it , but is there someone who can't answer if renoa is ultimecia for sure ??

She is not, though there is solid evidence pointing to Rinoa being one of Ultimecia's ancestors. Ultimecia was born hundreds of years after the events of FFVIII, Rinoa would be long gone.

Originally Posted by Basho
    She is not, though there is solid evidence pointing to Rinoa being one of Ultimecia's ancestors. Ultimecia was born hundreds of years after the events of FFVIII, Rinoa would be long gone.
    true but what about edeas powers ? wouldn't that make her a witch herself , therefore longer lifespan ?

yeah i think so, lots o proof pointing toward it. Such as being able to summon Griever, her castle appearing at the place Rinoa and Squall promised to meet, her wings are also more angelic than the other sorceresses (Adel had sharp ones, Edea's were like made of metal and cloth) and Rinoa also had angelic ones but white, also her dying words kinda hint at a sadness that couldve pushed her to becoming evil. And to top it off, in the last scene before Squall supposedly dies, Rinoa's wings turn black for a second, same thing in the opening, except shes falling through black feathers in the opening.

Originally Posted by Cephas
    yeah i think so, lots o proof pointing toward it. Such as being able to summon Griever, her castle appearing at the place Rinoa and Squall promised to meet, her wings are also more angelic than the other sorceresses (Adel had sharp ones, Edea's were like made of metal and cloth) and Rinoa also had angelic ones but white, also her dying words kinda hint at a sadness that couldve pushed her to becoming evil. And to top it off, in the last scene before Squall supposedly dies, Rinoa's wings turn black for a second, same thing in the opening, except shes falling through black feathers in the opening.
    i think so to , after all some of edeas powers are similar to ultimecias and the one to be junctioned with her magic is renoa , thats why i think she might be ultimecia

...I was surprised to see that spelling (Renoa instead of Rinoa) first thing on both SEM NA and SEM EU when I checked the news this morning. What a coincidence.

Nothing has been officially stated (outside of the game) regarding this matter.

no all i know is that Ultimecia takes control of Rinoa's body

I'd say no, how can anyone possess themselves? thats just silly. Edea was also possessed, and can live a long ass time, why can't she be ultimecia? the griever thing is the only thing pointing to it but to be honest, i think everyone is thinking to hard about it...

EDIT: found this on the wiki, I think its an interesting point: As a sorceress, Ultimecia is almost the mirror opposite of Rinoa: Ultimecia is an evil sorceress with black wings, while Rinoa is pure and has white wings; Rinoa has black hair and Ultimecia has white-silver hair; Ultimecia wears a prominent red dress, while Rinoa's sweeper is light-blue; Rinoa uses Angelo while fighting and Ultimecia uses Griever; Griever is based on a lion, while Angelo is a dog.

I think its better to say they are foils, not the same person

Rinoa* And no, she's not Ultimecia. She's just her puppet from the end of Disc 2 to about half-way through Disc 3. The reason being that once the party defeats Edea, Ultimecia found another suitable pawn for her to control - that being Rinoa. I think it had something to do with the fact that Edea doesn't really know Rinoa because she wasn't raised in the orphanage with the other party members - thus making her vulnerable.

i still believe Rinoa to be Ultimecia, and i like the nod Square gives this theory with Dissidia, Ultimecia's weapons are named after Rinoa's.

Oh come on! There is no evidence at all that Rinoa is Ultimecia. Edea was possessed just as easily. The only thing we know about her is that Ultimecia is a sorceress from the future who wants to rule the past. Full stop. End of story. It doesn't suggest anything about Rinoa being her. And wouldn't Ultimecia have recognised Squall and co. if this were the case? Why would Rinoa, sweet, innocent, loveing Rinoa possibly want to kill all SeeDs? Yes, Rinoa's powers got passed down to Ultimecia through generations, but there is no way Rinoa is actually Ultimecia.

ooooh another reason i like to believe this theory is this:

The summon Doom Train is gained from Solomon's ring, Griever is Squall's mascot and Rinoa recieves Squall's ring,

So if Ultimecia is Rinoa, then this could explain how she was able to summon Griever.

Griever became a Guardian Force due to the way Squall felt about it. Just like the party happens upon the Soloman's Ring, Ultimicia can happen upon Griever. You guys have to remember, as I said in my first post in this topic, Ultimicia was born hundreds of years after the party's time. Even with the powers of the Sorceress, Rinoa is not immortal. She would have needed to pass on her powers way before she died, but if you remember the ending you'll see how weak of a state a Sorceress is in when she just needs to pass on her powers to die. There's no possible way that Rinoa could be Ultimicia if you think about it. I agree with Jalian, they are made to be opposites.

First of all i agree with Basho in that even an extended life span doesn't encompass that many years unless you're an elf.

Second of all i treat it as a similar "comparison" from the Elder Scrolls universe. the "Is Alduin Akatosh?" comparison. Its like that other guy said, they're exact opposites.

I was under the impression that Sorceresses can't die, until they gave their powers to someone else.

So to me that sounds like a sorceress can live on for a very long time, especially since they all recieved their powers from the "god" Hein.

Most gods hate giving someone immortality on the basis that people will become too powerful over time to control or keep as worshippers. Hence the reason most evil wizards seeking immortality seek to become a lich.

It's spelt Hyne Cephas. Not Hein. In anycase I agree with Basho also. That idea with the ring is intrigueing, but that's where it ends. Why would the ring be mystic, but not the keychain, or the necklace? Trust me on this, I've played FF8 so many times I know that game inside out. I can answer any question (practically) about the events and characters of that game.

At any rate, i feel like this game ended ambigous enough, to let the player decide for themselves what happened. I've decided to believe that Rinoa is Ultimecia.

That's what makes FF8 such a great game. It leaves the player with questions that need answers. Ultimecia's weapons being named after Rinoa's in Dissidia is interesting, and the same with Griever, but in the end I agree with Basho. Very interesting theory though.

Originally Posted by Enoc

That's what makes FF8 such a great game. It leaves the player with questions that need answers. Ultimecia's weapons being named after Rinoa's in Dissidia is interesting, and the same with Griever, but in the end I agree with Basho. Very interesting theory though.

Indeed, FF8 is a very great game, in my opinion it is the best FF and my favourite game of all time (followed by Legend of Zelda: Ocarina of time). I think Rinoa's weapons being Ultimecia's in Dissidia is only because they gave her new attacks like knight sword, knight axe and knight arrow, which aren't actually real abilities in FF8 (because if they gave her loads of different magic attacks like Holy, Meteor, Demi, etc. she'd be just like Terra, who I found was a bit hard to fight as since she had no physical abilities(though I still find Ultimecia even harder to win a fight as because of the same reason(only she's a whole lot slower than Terra))). So Ultimecia's attacks in Dissidia are projectiles, and the only character in FF8 who uses projectiles is Rinoa, so think of it as just an easter egg. Or think what ever you want, it doesn't change my mind.

Renoa or Rinoa is not ultimecia those are the facts:

Fact 1 Ultimecia is a evil Powerful spirit in the discs 3 And even disc 4 Ultimecia human form can be probably Fake she could be anyone she want like the monster she create or summon.

Since she possess the others so easy! so she was defeated, ruined,or get bored from her time in the Future So she try go back to the past to kill her enemies or she could have fun with time compression! The real Rinoa is Cute and childish She never would be that!

Fact 2 Ultimecia can create monsters and gfs for herself Like Cerberus(Galbadia,and Griever, the monster statues for Kill Rinoa in disc 1 and even the statues also have GF Carbuncle, how this was is possible? It not coincidence!.

Fact 3 The Odine Bangle: This item is supposed to surpress the sorceress power did this item worked sometime in the game? If did work was in disc 2 and disc 3 when Rinoa fall into a type Coma or frozen state Freezing Ultimecia power inside her but in the Space Station, Ultimecia possess Rinoa with a little weak but still stronger. And more important Rinoa doesn´t take out Odin Bangle out in the entire Game.

so if Ultimecia tried possess her again Or Rinoa tried become Ultimecia her power the Odin Bangle would probably froze her again completely Because in disc 3 Ultimecia would try destroy Odin Bangle immediately for her powers be release at full power, looks Ultimecia can´t do that! If Rinoa would become ultimecia in the future This would frozen her and her power would be very weak compare with Ultimecia you fight in Final fantasy viii and Odin Bangle looks become chained forever in Rinoa even can´t take out this item from here. Rinoa could never become the super Ultimecia.

Because of this item.

Fact 4 Even if Squall died, Rinoa would not go corrupted in nothing. She still have Seifer remember the hug in Galbadia end.

Poor Squall, Rivals even in others hearts.

Fact 5 For why? she would try kill herself : When left Rinoa to die at outside on the Space or when Adel try using Rinoa.

For what did i see in the game Ultimecia is extremely clever and faster: Galbadia missiles,Lunatic Pandora,Time compression. she would never do that!

Gotta love those FF8 theories, so many weird stuff. I remember that guy who made a site for his own theory that Squall was dead at the end of disc one, that's just weird -> squallsdead.com

To each, their own. Until something is officially said anyone is free to think whatever they want.

However, I'd personally say that Dissidia was pretty obvious regarding that matter.

I agree with GRIMOIRE I like being able to come to my own conclusion and sharing it.

It's much more exciting hearing other peoples theories too! Final Fantasy VIII really was a special Final Fantasy.

HMM from i heard it´s more easy she is DR Odine heehee.

Page 1 of 2 12 Last