Uninstalled, left saved games there.

Re-downloaded all 3 parts

Created folder on desktop (TRL)

Extracted 1/3 to TRL folder on desktop

Extracted 2/3 to TRL folder on desktop

Extracted 3/3 to TRL folder on desktop

Ran setup.exe in TRL folder on desktop

Game installs, run TRL.exe shortcut on desktop

Enabled 1920x1600, all details on, 8x ainso in driver settings, high quality.

Start game, check settings, switched to wide screen, noted that Next Gen was turned on.

Loaded last saved game (finished)

Loaded up Kazakstan

Felt jaw drop as the game loaded, cinematic played and I jump down as the parachute deployed.

I think the problem was this:

The first time I downloaded the 3 compressed installer files, I uncompressed them each into their own folder on my desktop, created a new folder "Tomb Raider Ledgend Install:"

Went to uncompressed folder 1/3, hit ctrl-a for select all, ctrl-x for cut, went to the new (empty) "Tomb Raider Ledgend Install" folder on my desktop and hit ctrl-v to pasted

Went to uncompressed folder 2/3, hit ctrl-a for select all, ctrl-x for cut, went to the new (with 1/3 already in it) "Tomb Raider Ledgend Install" folder on my desktop and hit ctrl-v to pasted

Went to uncompressed folder 3/3, hit ctrl-a for select all, ctrl-x for cut, went to the new (with 1/3 and 2/3 in it) "Tomb Raider Ledgend Install" folder on my desktop and hit ctrl-v to pasted

Every time I would uninstall / reinstall to troubleshoot I would use the files in the "Tomb Raider Ledgend Install" folder.

The directions in the download page clearly state 'uncompress all 3 files into the same folder... my bad for not following directions 100%

Perhaps there were some hidden files that didn't get cut / pasted over to my "Tomb Raider Ledgend Install" folder?

I compared the folder properties to "Tomb Raider Ledgend Install" and "TRL" and they both read, "4.89 GB (5,257,691,136 bytes)" "21 files, 0 folders"

So I'm not sure what the issue was, but it works now. Hopefully this will be useful to someone for a solution...

~Montresor
    Dell 2405FPW / Viewsonic VP912b
    AMD A64 4400+ X2 w/ ZALMAN CNPS9500
    2x EVGA 7900GTX Superclocked
    Asus A8N32-SLI Deluxe
    Corsair TWINX2048-3500LLPRO 2GB Kit DDR433 XMS3500
    Raptor 74gig x2 raid 0 / xp pro
    SB X-Fi Elite Pro,Logitech® Z-5500 Digital THX
    Antec p180 / Antec TRUEPOWERII TPII-550

Good news! I'm glad you have your game fixed! (well, sort off... ). Saddly, the Direct2Drive (powered by Trymedia, I believe) Kasakstan bug (only with Next Gen on) was a different issue to the bug present in the direct Trymedia download. But hoping it's solved on my side too, out of curiosity, when did you downloaded the installation files for the last time?

Quote Originally Posted by Darkness_65
    Good news! I'm glad you have your game fixed! (well, sort off... ). Saddly, the Direct2Drive (powered by Trymedia, I believe) Kasakstan bug (only with Next Gen on) was a different issue to the bug present in the direct Trymedia download. But hoping it's solved on my side too, out of curiosity, when did you downloaded the installation files for the last time?
    May 30, 2006 using gamespy's download manager.
    Dell 2405FPW / Viewsonic VP912b
    AMD A64 4400+ X2 w/ ZALMAN CNPS9500
    2x EVGA 7900GTX Superclocked
    Asus A8N32-SLI Deluxe
    Corsair TWINX2048-3500LLPRO 2GB Kit DDR433 XMS3500
    Raptor 74gig x2 raid 0 / xp pro
    SB X-Fi Elite Pro,Logitech® Z-5500 Digital THX
    Antec p180 / Antec TRUEPOWERII TPII-550

Kazahkstan Fixed!

Thanks for the help, I used the idea of downloaded savegames, loading the next level (England) and then doing a replay. That worked but was very frustrating as I couldn't save my own savegames or used the ones already provided.

Then I got a note from Trymedia to download the files again, so I did. I waited until a time of day when I get the best internet response, and started with the 2nd and 3rd files, then dowloaded the first file. Left everything in the same folder where they downloaded and ran the setup again.

The bigfiles all decompressed properly! Was able to start Kazahktsan and save my own games.

No stopping now. What a great game.

Congrats! Could you post the new 3 downloaded installation files NAME / FILE SIZE / DATE specs reported by windows? Thanks!
    "To paint comic books as childish and illiterate is lazy. A lot of comic books are very literate - unlike most films." - Alan Moore
    http://img233.imageshack.us/img233/7...mersig32sp.jpg

Well, I'm just now starting the Kazakhstan level that is causing everyone so much trouble.

I have the Direct2Drive version, am running the game with Next Gen options all on (except NO Vsync) and am wondering 3 things:

1) When might I first encounter any sign of the "bug" and
    2) Does anybody know when Gamespy (Direct2Drive) will
    update their installers.
    3) Does the Trymedia (new installers) mentioned above come
    already patched to version 1.2, and if not, when there might be a patch
    for the digital purchasers?

Thanks for any input,
    bye for now...

No Replies?

Anybody out there?
    Hello.....