Thread: Voice actor problems

Voice actor problems

Many FF Dissidia characters are supposed to be from old English civilisations. So why the Hell is Square getting Americans to voice act characters like Light warrior, Cecil, and Firion? They try to put on British accents, but they just come off trying to sound fancy. They're pronounciation of things like "Paths" fails them. I'm a better voice actor than some of those people. Please end the American voiceactors for characters who aren't American!

I have to disagree. I personally thought the voice work was quite good as most recent S-E games have tended to be, and I wasn't bothered by the accents.

And can I ask, how are we suppose to know Final Fantasy I, II and IV are suppose to replicate Old English civilizations? These games never indicate a connection to our real world and they don't take place in any timeline of our world. Just borrows some ideas, right?

Anyways, I just assumed the voices matched the individual characters, not their setting *rubs chin*

Actually, the only voice that did kind of disappointed me was Ultimecia's on account the original FFVIII dialog lead me to believe she had some Translyvanian accent which I thought would be AMAZING, lol.

Originally Posted by new_tradition

Anyways, I just assumed the voices matched the individual characters, not their setting *rubs chin*

I totally agree with you, I felt that the voices represented each character's personality.

Perhaps the only voice I feel odd is that of Gilgamesh, John DiMaggio should've voiced him in 012 too. At least he did it for FFXIII-2.
    One who knows nothing can understand nothing.

Overall i think the voices matched their characters except one or two like zidane's for example i felt like was too childish

Originally Posted by new_tradition

And can I ask, how are we suppose to know Final Fantasy I, II and IV are suppose to replicate Old English civilizations? These games never indicate a connection to our real world and they don't take place in any timeline of our world. Just borrows some ideas, right?

Actually, the only voice that did kind of disappointed me was Ultimecia's on account the original FFVIII dialog lead me to believe she had some Translyvanian accent which I thought would be AMAZING, lol.

For 1, there were no American civilsations based like European ones in the middle ages.

For 2, you're right. Ultimecia had that weird yet cool K pronounciation. "Kurse all Seeds! Swarming like lokusts akross generations!" I originally imagined her with some kind of lisp, which dissapointed me when they didn't give her one. (By the way, why does everyone in Dissidia call her a witch instead of a sorceress? This also dissapointed me.)

I guess you guys can all think what you want, in the end FF is better without voices I think. But if they have to have voices I just wish they could have some diversity with the accents.