Thread: FFXIV: One Time Password

FFXIV: One Time Password

The One Time Password is generated by a Security Token, if you don't have one leave the box empty it doesn't have to be filled in unless you have a Token.

These came with the V1 CE edition (IIRC) or can be purchased separately, they're designed to help you avoid having your account stolen but are entirely optional.

Entering a one time password isn't mandatory.
    SERVER: Adamantoise
    IGN: Minty Sky

... You are not required to enter a one time password to be able to log in, and it's not retarded either.

Originally Posted by Sefryn

also, is there a way to find out my ID?
    There is already a thread about this, but you can find out what your given Enix username is, go to:

https://secure.square-enix.com/accou...n?cont=account

Login with your e-mail address in all letters lowercase. I noticed that having upper case for my email did not work.

Here is a picture of what you will see when you are logged in. Circled in red is your Enix ID you use to log in the game, and log in the Enix site.
    http://imgur.com/CGAizud

See if that works.
    SERVER: Adamantoise
    IGN: Minty Sky

it's the same as a security token, there's this question mark thing right to the field that explains this.

Guys.. u have to activate your Security-Token @ Square Enix Homepage.

If u haven't it, u still don't need your Onetime-Password. Just use your normal password without any other one.

One time code?

Hey. I have recently bought FFXIV:ARR for my ps3. I put in my code, linked my psn account, signed up on here, put the code in to link with the game, and now that I reached the log in screen, it's now telling me that I need a one time code. What is that? I never got or even heard of a one time until this point. There are only two options, one for those who have an account and one for those who don't. But the top one is also saying I must have played the first version, which I didn't. Is there a third option that was supposed to be there? Or where can I get the one time code from? Thanks.

Did you buy a physiacl copy of the game and use the code on the back of the booklet that's inside the case?

I bought the physical copy and it asked me for the code from the get-go. I put it in and put the other one in, that came with it for this site. Now, it's just asking for a third 6 digit code, which I didn't receive at any point.

Originally Posted by DrHats12
    I bought the physical copy and it asked me for the code from the get-go. I put it in and put the other one in, that came with it for this site. Now, it's just asking for a third 6 digit code, which I didn't receive at any point.
    Oh I think I know what your talking about, when you log in there is the slot for your user name, your password and the one time user code, that's an extra security measure, some players have the code keychain or the app on thier phone that gives you a 6 digit code. I never used that and just left that empty when I made my account and when I linked in, ect ect ect

It worked! Turns out that Square Enix got my username wrong, calling me DrHats9 instead of 12, for some reason. Anyway, thanks.

Originally Posted by DrHats12
    It worked! Turns out that Square Enix got my username wrong, calling me DrHats9 instead of 12, for some reason. Anyway, thanks.
    I didn't do anything, but I'm gald you got it fiured out.

did you still need that one time code?
    or did you just leave it empty
    Last edited by simme97; 2nd Sep 2013 at 21:43. Reason: forgot

Originally Posted by Nyxa75
    I didn't do anything, but I'm gald you got it fiured out.
    Well, I wouldn't of known that the 6 digit code was optional if you hadn't of said. And simme97, you don't need the one time code to login. I just did it now.

ok thanks mate

LOl I had the same problem just enter ur I'd then password and leave the one time pass word empty

I just had a ruff day fighting this. Never got the verification email. Had no Enix ID. Couldn't sign in to Square Enix Account Management System with my email and password. and didn't have the registration password.

it may have just been perfect timing, but I logged in http://na.square-enix.com/us/ and updated my password and got my verification email as soon as I did that. then I could log into SE account management using the ID and password with no-one time password and I could start up the game, put in the ID and password with no registration password and now things are moving forward... after 7 hours of failed attempts.

it would say. a verification email has already been sent to this email address. please wait and try again in 24 hours. or something before my significant break through. (I am trying to hit all the words that I googled in hopes the next lost soul will find this) good luck

FFXIV: One Time Password

When I follow the steps to register for the Software Token on the account management site, I can't log in. I fill in all the fields except for "One-Time Password" since I don't have one(as far as I know). What am I supposed to do from here?

Well, you don't need a one time password in order to install or run the game. It's totally optional. Just skip that field and you should be able to install

Never got a One-Time Password.

I just bought Final Fantasy a Realm Reborn on my ps3, a digital download and never recieved a one time code. I recieved a few email confirming my purchases and have been charged and can access the game but I can't log in without the code.

You misunderstand what the 'one time password' is.

It's only used when you have a Security Token which generates a unique (aka. 'one time') password every time you use it, it isn't something you get when you buy the game.

If you have set up an SE Account and the game is registered in the Mog Station then the name username and password you log into the account will also log you into the game.

i was confused as well. i thought it was a password i had to make up on the spot for a one time use (not sure why, i know it sounds dumb as hell haha). and now my account is locked because i had entered in a password that didnt technically exist so i cant log into the game i just bought. it keeps telling me it has sent an email to give me the steps to retract the suspension but i still have not received an email from them...and it has been at least 5 hours since. i know it was my fault for not paying attention but this really sucks. i was super excited to play but now i have to wait for support to contact me and they dont seem to be very quick... :/

I'm surprised your entering something into the one-time box caused SE's account system to block you, but then SE's account system is full of surprises.

Having had an SE account for years and knew what this was I didn't give it a moment's thought, however had this been a new concept to me I'm not sure i wouldn't have fallen into the same trap, or at least fretted I'd not received one as Matthew the OP was.

Rolleyes

i appreciate the sympathy haha. when i log in it says log in is suspended and that en email has been "sent", as in already on the way, to give me instructions on how to lift this restriction. i STILL have no received that email. after submitting a ticket yesterday i finally received an email this morning about how they received my ticket and will get back to me within 2 business day...its friday, so im assuming i wont be able to play until monday or tuesday...im royally pissed off about this haha. from what i understand there are UI issues and such so im sure the "support team" is busy with all of that. i just feel like i wasted my money at this point. i know that ill get to play eventually but i wanted to play yesterday and now, because of the weekend, i have to wait almost a week to play. i could have bought it next week. i guess ill go play some world of warcraft instead hahaha.

Help with "One-Time Password"

Trying to start A Realm Reborn for 1st time on PS3. It is asking for Square Enix ID which I know. Then Square Enix Password which I also know. Then it wants "One-Time Password." I don't know what that is or how to find it. When I try to enter one it must be six digits or less. Help please. I am very frustrated to say the least. Very close to returning the game.

You don't need the one-time password to log in, this is only used if you have a security token (or free software token). You just enter your username and password and leave the one-time blank

Page 4 of 7 First First 1234567 Last