Thread: FFXIV: One Time Password

FFXIV: One Time Password

One time passwords. What are these, and are they optional?

I've gotten by so far (logging in, registering, etc..) by leaving these blank.
    What in the world are these, and are they optional?

There will be an option available to either purchase a fob, or download an application to your phone that will generate an additional password to use when logging in.
    This is mostly for security. The theory, is that since you have the unique key generator, anyone attempting to hijack the account would have to have the key generator.

Its a optional item either thru a little key chain thing you can order or a app for smartphone its just a extra security measure that is totally optional. But it cant be used until Full registration of the games on the 27th. Hope that helps. Personally after registration on the 27th I will be using one. Its no fun getting your account Hacked.

Unhappy One-time password

I pre-ordered, registered, downloaded.. but now i need a one-time password. I log into the account manager and it won't let me download the smart phone app. It says that I haven't registered a game, but I have. When I got to "confirm account services" it tells me my game is registered. But when I go back to the one-time password page, it still says:

"You are currently unable to use this service. The service will become available once you have purchased either FINAL FANTASY XI or FINAL FANTASY XIV and registered the accompanying registration code."

Help?

have you got a security token or mobile app already registered to your square enix account ?
    if you haven't resisted either to your account on the account management system you could just log in without anything in the one time password box

https://secure.square-enix.com/accou...n?cont=account go there
    go to the security token or one time password section got to add or adjust or something like that then register our app/token

Originally Posted by jabbywocks
    I pre-ordered, registered, downloaded.. but now i need a one-time password. I log into the account manager and it won't let me download the smart phone app. It says that I haven't registered a game, but I have. When I got to "confirm account services" it tells me my game is registered. But when I go back to the one-time password page, it still says:

"You are currently unable to use this service. The service will become available once you have purchased either FINAL FANTASY XI or FINAL FANTASY XIV and registered the accompanying registration code."

Help?
    If you have not registered a One-Time Password, then you do not need to enter one You will only be flagged to enter one if a One-Time Password Security Token or Security App is applied to your account already, which registration for those will go live again on the 27th to my knowledge. Just log in normally, no One-Time Password needed.

Ah! Thanks! I was under the impression that this was somehow a requirement to enter the game. It was driving me mad trying to figure it out

Silly Goose lol
    glad we could help

security tokens have been suspended as of august 26th- september 1st due to price changes. so no need to worry about one till next month

Can't get one time password

I'm in an infinite loop. I have my pre-order 20 digit early access code. I have registered it. But on the account management page, under "one-time password" I can't use/register the iPhone app because "You are currently unable to use this service. The service will become available once you have purchased either FINAL FANTASY XI or FINAL FANTASY XIV and registered the accompanying registration code"

I finally found where I "think" you enter the 20 digit code (in order to register on the Account Management site) under Services and Options > Select Service > FINAL FANTASY XIV. However it says "Code registration currently unavailable." Is this an ongoing issue with the heavy usage? Or something I have done incorrectly. Is this even where I need to be looking in order to register to be able to use the iPhone App?

I was able to download the client but can't proceed without a one time password, and can't get that without the other steps I have previously stated. As I said, I am stuck...

Thanks

one-time password???

Hey guys

could do with a little help

just purchased ARR and got my early access code through!... GREAT!

i ran the installation but it has not came up with the following

"Square Enix ID"
    "Square Enix Password"
    "one-Time Password"

now the 1st 2 are straightforward but what is this one-time password??? i am majorly confused s to how i get this?? and i cant continue installation until i have enterd one?

helP??

One Time Password = Authenticator

If you don't have an Authenticator attached to your account, disregard. It's a confusing term.

How do i get an authenicator... I have already registered it to my account downloaded the client and I downloaded the app for my phone.. What the heck

I agree with Spaghetti, I can't login into the authenticator on my phone because it needs an authenticator code from the account management system which I don't have.

This is confusing...

One-time Password system

I need to log into my account so i can set up the one-time password app that i just downloaded onto my phone. To log into my account, i have to have a one-time password. to get a one-time password, i have to set up the one-time password app. To set up the one-time password app, i need to log into the account management page. To log into the account management page, i need a one-time password.

does anybody see the problem in this? just me?

also, is there a way to find out my ID? i know the email and password for my account. I tried having the ID sent to my email, but i just ended up changing my password to a new one.

Literally nothing has been working out when it comes to Square-Enix and myself and i'm just contemplating taking a 30 dollar loss and never touching this god-forsaken company again.

might i also add that customer service for square is almost non-existent. My estimated wait time to speak with a rep is only growing, and i don't think i'm ever getting an email anytime within the week.

I'm going thru the same . I'll let you know if i figure it out. But it's good to know i'm not alone in this retarded situation.

FF XIV - One time password

Been trying for a few hours to log into square enix on the game.

Seen a lot of people are having trouble with the one time password.

I left it out and I worked.

Not everyone has the one time password so leaving it blank will help.

Thanks

I'm not sure if this only applies once we have got a subscription? I was wondering if for the 30 days free we would just use normal ID + password and not need the one-time password until we have bought our first subscription.

same problem can anyone help!!! impossible to play this game

hi guys, this is my first time get my hands on SE's game. All the while been playing World of Warcraft but quit playing it 9 months ago. Now I am giving this game a try. Just bought a CE version whole package. But there is one problem, I did not read properly on the CE package box and I thought is from NA thus I went ahead to create account registered under NA. After keying in the 10 digits serial number behind the Security Token and One Time Passwords, it asks me to key in the Registration Code and I did it but it says the Registration Code is not for this region(my account registered under NA) but then I realized it that the Registration Code is for EU region.
    Well, I created another account under EU region using other email address but this time it doesn't allows me to use the serial number .
    well, now I am very confused that I have no idea what to do next..... can any kind hearted person please help me?

I have a similar problem! Just bought the collector's edition with a token included. I need to register the token in order to use it and play the game...but I need a one-time password to log in to the account management system, which is where I am supposed to register the token!!! Same problem with my ID! Please let us know if you can figure this out!

Post ff xiv one time password?

cant log into game online. its asking for a one time password. what the hell is that? don't know who to contact, like customer service doesn't seem to exist. please help
    Last edited by Freija5; 28th Aug 2013 at 11:08.

Originally Posted by Freija13
    cant log into game online. its asking for a one time password. what the hell is that? help
    I don't think we need it until you buy your first subscription. It's an added security feature, details are available via the SE account management website, you either buy a security token or download the free app (only available once game is registered).

Have you tried logging in with just your SE ID and normal password? (leaving one-time blank)

hi, tried with just my password but it doesn't work, the game is registered. i'll have another look. thankyou x

Page 3 of 7 First First 1234567 Last