Page 2 of 7 First First 123456 ... Last

Thread: FFXIV: One Time Password

FFXIV: One Time Password

Iv been trying to log in but I don't have a one time! And I don't know what to do!!!!!! I must play

Originally Posted by imported_Christopher

So i got my beta email today, it's a us one made sure. Ok so all pumped i use the code it says to use in the playstation store, all good. I download the beta client thing then it says i need to finish three things before i can play

Ok so i hit next then it aks if i posses an enix account and i obviously do so i hit that option then it brings me to a screen where it asks for my enix ID, Enix pass and a one-time password. SO i enter in my ID and pass and it says i have an incorrect ID or pass....so i download the app on my smartphone for the secruity token to use for the onetime pass it tells me to log into the Square Enix account management system to set it up but that system says i have the wrong password....i know i"m typing it in i tried like eight times....I'm sitting here talking to you nice folk so i know i'm not crazy. someone please help, i looked forward to this all day and now i'm really bummed out.

This is the exact same thing that is happening to me. I can't register my beta code or log into the game on my ps3 because of some one time password. Forums and support articles say that your supposed to be able to skip this if you don't have a toekn thing but it's required for me. And I can't get into Account Management to try and fix things because I need the one time password. I tried Support chat and got no one. Tried Phone support and was on hold for 57min before I hung up because it was wasting my minutes. Now I'm just hoping for a quick response via email.

Why would they activation password requirements for people who have no idea what it is or have the equipment to get it? You can't even purchase a hardware version because you need a one time password to get into Account Management where the order form is. This is stupid!

Originally Posted by Ryou

Originally Posted by imported_Christopher

So i got my beta email today, it's a us one made sure. Ok so all pumped i use the code it says to use in the playstation store, all good. I download the beta client thing then it says i need to finish three things before i can play

Ok so i hit next then it aks if i posses an enix account and i obviously do so i hit that option then it brings me to a screen where it asks for my enix ID, Enix pass and a one-time password. SO i enter in my ID and pass and it says i have an incorrect ID or pass....so i download the app on my smartphone for the secruity token to use for the onetime pass it tells me to log into the Square Enix account management system to set it up but that system says i have the wrong password....i know i"m typing it in i tried like eight times....I'm sitting here talking to you nice folk so i know i'm not crazy. someone please help, i looked forward to this all day and now i'm really bummed out.

This is the exact same thing that is happening to me. I can't register my beta code or log into the game on my ps3 because of some one time password. Forums and support articles say that your supposed to be able to skip this if you don't have a toekn thing but it's required for me. And I can't get into Account Management to try and fix things because I need the one time password. I tried Support chat and got no one. Tried Phone support and was on hold for 57min before I hung up because it was wasting my minutes. Now I'm just hoping for a quick response via email.

Why would they activation password requirements for people who have no idea what it is or have the equipment to get it? You can't even purchase a hardware version because you need a one time password to get into Account Management where the order form is. This is stupid!

I'm having the same exact problem. I can get to the login page for PS3 but it's asking me for a one-time password as well... which ofc I do not have seeing as this is my first online Final Fantasy game. I made this account back in December to register Theatrhtym (3DS) to my account. I have read through this entire thread and still haven't been able to download this beta client. :l

I just posted this on another thread, but it might help here too so I figure I'll share it.

I was having the same issue, but with a little research I was able to get everything to work. Here's what I found:

One time codes are basically an extra security feature that they seem to have added in, and the only way to get one is to buy a $10 keychain thing, or to have played XI or the other XIV, and then you can download an app for it. It basically works by (from my understanding) generating unique code each login, that way your account is extra safe.

You DO NOT need this code to login on the ps3, just input the correct login and password to your squeenix account and leave the one time code box blank.

I had to login to the Square Enix Account Management System in order to register my country, but after that my code worked just fine, and the 4.8 gig package is downloading now.

I finally was able to log in a few hours ago and was 1/3 through the download when I got a message that the files could not be located from the server after God knows how many hours of downloading... Very frustrating.

Originally Posted by jagaloci

I just posted this on another thread, but it might help here too so I figure I'll share it.

I was having the same issue, but with a little research I was able to get everything to work. Here's what I found:

One time codes are basically an extra security feature that they seem to have added in, and the only way to get one is to buy a $10 keychain thing, or to have played XI or the other XIV, and then you can download an app for it. It basically works by (from my understanding) generating unique code each login, that way your account is extra safe.

You DO NOT need this code to login on the ps3, just input the correct login and password to your squeenix account and leave the one time code box blank.

I had to login to the Square Enix Account Management System in order to register my country, but after that my code worked just fine, and the 4.8 gig package is downloading now.

Thanks for the info. I still need to get it fix though. I can log into the PS3 now so thanks. But I can not get into Account Management or Purchase a One time code thing because it requires me to enter one to get into it for some reason. But thanks for getting me some form of forward momentum going. Hopefully Support gets back to me soon.

EDIT: Sorry I lied. Wont let me log into the game through PS3. I keep the OTP empty and it says my info is wrong.

1 time password can be obtained through an app that you download on your phone. But it requires a registration code which you can get by loggin in to the account management of square enix. But here's my problem. The account management also requires a 1-time password. Smh I'm stuck

You should not be required to enter the one-time password if you never set one up. It is not a requirement, rather an optional security feature. However, if you did, in the past, set-up the one-time passwordn (you would know if you did), you may be required to enter it where prompted.

9. I'm having issues trying to place in my Squar Enix ID in but it won't accept the email I used

Yeah im having the same problem too i had thought it was just me :/

I am also having this issue. It will not let me skip the one time code, even though I don't have one and have no way of obtaining one...

Having the same issue but i read that you dont need the one time passcode and i know someone who logged in without putting the one time passcode. so i am not entirely sure what is wrong

Originally Posted by imported_Raphael
    So I got a beta email this morning, and I downloaded the client, but I can't log in for the life of me. It says invalid password, but I know for a fact it's not, so I know it's related to the one time password...which I did not purchase. Is there any way to get it for free or something?
    Im Having the same problem for the PS3 loggin issues, saying that the password is not correct thoe i know its right, and then it locks me out for several min. Very Frusterating. Also this one time password thing is annoying i dont evn have one.

in your beta confirmation email, click the link that brings you to account management. when it says invalid id or password, click the "i dont have an account" link to create a new account. enter your same username and password, mostlikely your username will say it is available, register the new account using all your current info, and then you are good to go.

I had this trouble also, was angry, couldn't log in, wanted to smash my keyboard. after several hours on the pc and ps3 i tried this and it worked fine. now i can log in, however it says there is maintenance going on right now... so i cannot use my beta code, but i did get past log-in finally.

Aslo the "one time pass code" is irrelevant. simply skip this. unless you are a previous player of ffxi or ffxiv. basically if you dont know what it is dont use it cause you dont have it lol.

Originally Posted by Orion Reeves
    Ok seems allot of people are having trouble with this, and TBH i couldn't even log in on my computer because of the servers or Maintenance was a supposed issue. The Ps store downlaod is the startup procedure to the actual beta client. Make sure you are entering your ID (best used as that not e-mail i believe) Correctly type it slow put all caps and lower case letters in their respected places on id and Password...if this does not work i would Suggest waiting 10 to 15 minutes and trying the steps again as this is what i did and got in. Also alot of this i am sure is because everyones getting their codes and vast majority are excited so the servers are being "Bum Rushed" by all of us and as more and more people get in and arn't downloading the big client perhaps this will make it easier for others to finally get in and get going. i got 18 minutes left on download as of now.

Goodspeed see you in Eorzea AKA-Sully Edgefield (char name)
    No need to be alarmed the one time password is not the case here as i did not have one and have made it through and am already over halfway done with the Download. Read my other post to know a little more info..its the best i can give sorry there is no magic way to speed things up.

Sully
    So I don't have to have a one time password to login, i just have to type in everything but my one time?

Ok seems allot of people are having trouble with this, and TBH i couldn't even log in on my computer because of the servers or Maintenance was a supposed issue. The Ps store downlaod is the startup procedure to the actual beta client. Make sure you are entering your ID (best used as that not e-mail i believe) Correctly type it slow put all caps and lower case letters in their respected places on id and Password...if this does not work i would Suggest waiting 10 to 15 minutes and trying the steps again as this is what i did and got in. Also alot of this i am sure is because everyones getting their codes and vast majority are excited so the servers are being "Bum Rushed" by all of us and as more and more people get in and arn't downloading the big client perhaps this will make it easier for others to finally get in and get going. i got 18 minutes left on download as of now.

Goodspeed see you in Eorzea AKA-Sully Edgefield (char name)

No need to be alarmed the one time password is not the case here as i did not have one and have made it through and am already over halfway done with the Download. Read my other post to know a little more info..its the best i can give sorry there is no magic way to speed things up.

Sully

Rolleyes one time password key

how am i supposed to get the one time password key if i cant enter a code for a game that is not even out yet i pre-ordered through gamestop. only code i got was for early release.

Aye! How are we suppose to play the Open beta when you go to the official FFXIV web site then sign up it takes u to here https://secure.square-enix.com/accou...n?cont=account but it here it ask for a One-Time Password. it would appear to purchase this you need to go through your square enix account I have tried following the instructions posted on that link but there is no square enix management system to buy it. what is the deal here? Bluedragon2320 I am not asking you this I am replying to your thread only for the admin's to see this. it would appear the only way to get in this beta is to buy the ONe-Time Password if so this defeats the purpose of a free beta also it seems impossible to digitally buy one of these items. I have already purchased the Collectors Edition from the PSN (PS3) and my two accounts are already linked. what is it that I am actually suppose to be doing next? its not like Square Enix is sending the information Via email to all the members who have an account its like try to figure it our on your own. please Help.

The one time password, leave it blank unless you have an authenticator.

One Time Password

While i have registered my FF XIV ARR and it shows as registered game in my ccount, when i try to follow the steps to install the software of one time password, it says that im not registered and i need to buy FF 14 to do so...

Is there something wrong ? or its just not working right now and it will work after the games release?

Thanks in advance....

Do you have an account here: https://secure.square-enix.com/account ? And after you redeemed your Pre-Order code, did you register the second code you were given (20 digit code for PC) to that account if you already have one?

Actually 20 digit code for preorder items will not give you acccess to use the One time password - that would activate after redeeming the code from the game box (the same used to get 30 inclusive sub).

HEC007, i didnt buy the game box...i bought the game on line...the sent me a 20 digit code...in my account it says REGISTERED GAMES: 1 and beneath that its the game...but when i try to follow the steps to activate the one time code, it says that i m not registered...i have no idea what to do

I suppose that the registration will be not available until live date (27 August) then, We al lhave the "registered" game there but that's only early access at the moment.

You cannot attach those security things until after the 27th when you will actually register your game. All you have done now is Pre Register for Early Access then the second code was for Early Access. Now on the 27th you will go to https://secure.square-enix.com/accou...rp=Service_SEA and Register your account fully then after that you will be able to Assign Tokens and the like.

Page 2 of 7 First First 123456 ... Last