Page 1 of 7 12345 ... Last

Thread: FFXIV: One Time Password

FFXIV: One Time Password

Running into password-related issues? Then contact customer support.
    ---------------------

So I got a beta email this morning, and I downloaded the client, but I can't log in for the life of me. It says invalid password, but I know for a fact it's not, so I know it's related to the one time password...which I did not purchase. Is there any way to get it for free or something?
    Last edited by Grimoire; 10th Aug 2014 at 00:09.

Im have the same problem, can any one help out?

Same problem here

Same. On the support page it says if it's under maintenence then it won't log you in.

im having the same problem.i forgot my password so i had to use my twitter to sign in but when i tried to send my password to my email,the website said "The characters you entered didn't match the word verification. Please try again".what characters?!i put in my email address and i'm suppose to get an email saying that i can change my password.

Hey guys, so i want to make sure were clear on something because if not i may be able to help. When you said you downloaded the client are you talking about the startup one from ps store or the actual beta client which happens to be a whopping 4.8Gb. Let me know as soon as you can.

Originally Posted by Orion Reeves

Hey guys, so i want to make sure were clear on something because if not i may be able to help. When you said you downloaded the client are you talking about the startup one from ps store or the actual beta client which happens to be a whopping 4.8Gb. Let me know as soon as you can.

I just downloaded the startup client from psn, then when i go to enter my info to login it ask for se id, se password, and one time code. How do i get past this part?

i can't figure this out, theres not enough room for me to put in my email that i sign in with and i dont think the display name will work for it either

Same issue. When i enter my sqaure enix account ti tells me that my ID or username is wrong but when i log into my account on the computer it works just fine. So does it have to do with the one time password

I'm also lost. I don't have a token code and the website says I need to register FFXIV first. However, we're on the Beta. WTF is going on?

idk whats going on exactly, but i do know thay they sent me a code from UK and im in the US. man my whole day is ruined now lol

Ok seems allot of people are having trouble with this, and TBH i couldn't even log in on my computer because of the servers or Maintenance was a supposed issue. The Ps store downlaod is the startup procedure to the actual beta client. Make sure you are entering your ID (best used as that not e-mail i believe) Correctly type it slow put all caps and lower case letters in their respected places on id and Password...if this does not work i would Suggest waiting 10 to 15 minutes and trying the steps again as this is what i did and got in. Also alot of this i am sure is because everyones getting their codes and vast majority are excited so the servers are being "Bum Rushed" by all of us and as more and more people get in and arn't downloading the big client perhaps this will make it easier for others to finally get in and get going. i got 18 minutes left on download as of now.

Goodspeed see you in Eorzea AKA-Sully Edgefield (char name)

I'm having the same issues with mine as well also i think they sent me the wrong register info as well my email at the bottom of the page has London on the bottom. I dont know what the hecks going on honestly.

I'm also having the same issue. Got my beta invite last night around 11:00P.M. PST and tried to log into the forums to download the client but couldn't even logged in. I was so frustrated because I KNEW my password was right. Glad to see it's not me being and idiot. Hope it comes up soon so I can download it!

Ok seems allot of people are having trouble with this, and TBH i couldn't even log in on my computer because of the servers or Maintenance was a supposed issue. The Ps store downlaod is the startup procedure to the actual beta client. Make sure you are entering your ID (best used as that not e-mail i believe) Correctly type it slow put all caps and lower case letters in their respected places on id and Password...if this does not work i would Suggest waiting 10 to 15 minutes and trying the steps again as this is what i did and got in. Also alot of this i am sure is because everyones getting their codes and vast majority are excited so the servers are being "Bum Rushed" by all of us and as more and more people get in and arn't downloading the big client perhaps this will make it easier for others to finally get in and get going. i got 18 minutes left on download as of now.

No need to be alarmed the one time password is not the case here as i did not have one and have made it through and am already over halfway done with the Download. Read my other post to know a little more info..its the best i can give sorry there is no magic way to speed things up.

Sully

So i got my beta email today, it's a us one made sure. Ok so all pumped i use the code it says to use in the playstation store, all good. I download the beta client thing then it says i need to finish three things before i can play

1.Set up my enix account

2. enter my registration code

3. Link my SEN account.

Ok so i hit next then it aks if i posses an enix account and i obviously do so i hit that option then it brings me to a screen where it asks for my enix ID, Enix pass and a one-time password. SO i enter in my ID and pass and it says i have an incorrect ID or pass....so i download the app on my smartphone for the secruity token to use for the onetime pass it tells me to log into the Square Enix account management system to set it up but that system says i have the wrong password....i know i"m typing it in i tried like eight times....I'm sitting here talking to you nice folk so i know i'm not crazy. someone please help, i looked forward to this all day and now i'm really bummed out.

No need to be alarmed the one time password is not the case here as i did not have one and have made it through and am already over halfway done with the Download. Read my other post to know a little more info..its the best i can give sorry there is no magic way to speed things up.

Sully
    i dont have a ps3 so how do i get in.i keep on trying to sign in from the website but i keep on getting this message: "The characters you entered didn't match the word verification. Please try again." how do i get in

Here's the best solution:

Wait until tomorrow to try again. It seems as if the servers are congested for now. Hopefully tomorrow the kinks will be worked out. Even if you do finally get in, the current download time is about 10 hours due to the amount of folks downloading. Damn shame.

Ok so your on PC trying to sign in, but it keeps giving you the same info saying its not correct and you have checked it several times i assume to make sure it is correct. Unfortunately i don't work for Square Enix (although i wish i could) so i can't really help you as my knowledge is limited as to what the problem really is..but once i still believe this is being casue by the mass of people trying to log in download etc whatever its simple server stress..and if thats not the case than i really at this point have no idea what is. I am sorry that i cannot be of more help. Best wishes This will be my last post on the matter as i can do nothing more than give you hope and tell you to keep trying.

i didnt have a problem, already have 3500mb downloaded on ps3, but i did change my password before i went to link my account bcus i couldnt remember it, and was using facebook to login all this time, so maybe changing ur password may help, could be a possibility or i can be wrong.

No.

Unles you are 1.0 user then you do NOT need on time.

PS. Your forum name is not your user name.

Just put your SE user and PW and skip the One-time.

Originally Posted by mako_hanzo
    i didnt have a problem, already have 3500mb downloaded on ps3, but i did change my password before i went to link my account bcus i couldnt remember it, and was using facebook to login all this time, so maybe changing ur password may help, could be a possibility or i can be wrong.
    I changed my password 4 times last night. They locked my account because I changed it so much. :P

Originally Posted by eXxonn
    Originally Posted by mako_hanzo

I changed my password 4 times last night. They locked my account because I changed it so much. :P

LOL that sucks bro well i cant figure out the problem, i got mine to work, just trying to see if i can help a few ppl lol but i do hope u got in now tho

One time passwords

I have a third line asking for a one time password. It appears to be mandatory. Where do I get this.thanks

Contact [SQUARE ENIX Account Customer Support] support.na.square-enix.com/contacttop.ph...

Page 1 of 7 12345 ... Last