Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: TRL Patch 1.2 Released

intrepid_soul Guest
    Quote Originally Posted by TRL_LC
    I know this is the wrong place, but how do i check what sound driver im using...
    Click on Start, then run, and type DXDIAG, and click okay. If it asks a yes no question choose yes. Wait for the diagnostic tool to load all the way. Click on the sound tab at the top and look on the right, the driver date should be there. You generally want that date to be within the last 6 months. Sound card people update their drivers less frequently than video.

As for a new patch, honestly we didn't even know there was going to be a 1.2, so I wouldn't even know. All I can say is keep looking.

just got the game and was playing the first level with no problems when I thought, hey, I should have checked for patches. so I installed 1.2 and now it keeps crashing after 5 minutes or so. do I need to start a new game or did the patch just completely mess the game up for me?

I don't recall having to start a new game when I installed the patch, and as far as I know the patch is compatible with saves made using the old version of the game. I haven't had any problems with crashes either using the patch.

Are your graphics drivers up to date?

well,I started a new game anyway, lasted about a half hour before it crashed, but also crashed in a place I had made it through without any problem before the patch. this is the error message I get after it crashes to the desktop, "ERROR: Out of memory requesting 25165824 bytes (62017952 total free)". why the game needs more memory after that patch I don't know. is it talking about vertual memory? I have 2 gigs of ram. I ran dxdiag, but don't know how to post it without making a huge post. all the test ran just fine except the microphone which I'm not sure I even have. as of a month ago, my drivers were up to date

Another person got the same error message as you, here:
    http://forums.eidosgames.com/archive...p/t-61095.html
    If you feel like messing around with the registry.

Otherwise you could try re-installing the game and playing without the patch, or maybe changing some of the setup graphics options.

Rolleyes

Hey Eidos, you also need to update the Steam version to 1.2.

intrepid_soul Guest
    Quote Originally Posted by TRC View Post
    Hey Eidos, you also need to update the Steam version to 1.2.
    What indications do you have that the steam version isn't 1.2, out of curiousity? My information tells me that the digitial version should match the latest disk version.

Quote Originally Posted by intrepid_soul View Post
    What indications do you have that the steam version isn't 1.2, out of curiousity? My information tells me that the digitial version should match the latest disk version.
    I have the Steam version and it says it is 1.1 at the TR:L main menu. Steam automatically downloads the latest patches if they are available on Steam, but no 1.2 patch is ever downloaded.

intrepid_soul Guest
    I have the Steam version and it says it is 1.1 at the TR:L main menu. Steam automatically downloads the latest patches if they are available on Steam, but no 1.2 patch is ever downloaded.
    That is pretty conclusive to me. I find it odd they don't have the patch yet, as the disc based version and patch were out over a year ago. Let me see if I can get any info, but in my experiece that group is more then less than helpful on our side.

That is pretty conclusive to me. I find it odd they don't have the patch yet, as the disc based version and patch were out over a year ago. Let me see if I can get any info, but in my experiece that group is more then less than helpful on our side.
    Ya. One other bit of information I have is that I filed a support ticket with Eidos and after a few days I got this (and only this) response:

"Steam should have the latest version available for download."

But, they don't. I also filed a support ticket with Steam four of five days ago and have yet to get any response back.

Please keep us posted if you find out anything else.

I just got the game installed on steam today and can confirm that it is not up to date since I also see the game listed as 1.1.

intrepid_soul Guest
    Ya. One other bit of information I have is that I filed a support ticket with Eidos and after a few days I got this (and only this) response:

"Steam should have the latest version available for download."

But, they don't. I also filed a support ticket with Steam four of five days ago and have yet to get any response back.

Please keep us posted if you find out anything else.
    The information CS recieves from our New Media department is that all our digital partners should be at the most current patched version. I personally apoligize for the trouble and like I said in the ticket I am going to track down what is happening here as best I can.

The information CS recieves from our New Media department is that all our digital partners should be at the most current patched version. I personally apoligize for the trouble and like I said in the ticket I am going to track down what is happening here as best I can.
    It has been a few days so wondering if there is any new information? Thanks.

intrepid_soul Guest
    It has been a few days so wondering if there is any new information? Thanks.
    Nothing helpful, they confirmed that Steam was at 1.1. No word on when the patch would be released. Your best point of contact would be Steam.

I wondered about the 1.1-Steam-issue, too, and asked the Steamsupport. I got the following answer:

TRL is actually updated to 1.2. The reason it shows up as 1.1 is because the update replaces the .exe with a different version that still has CD-detection, so we've implemented all of the files included in the 1.2 update, but are currently using the 1.1 exe pending an unprotected version of the installer from the game publisher.
    This is very strange in my eyes: running 1.2 "data" with an 1.1 "exe" seems to be not a good solution and looks more like Steam using an evil hacked exe-file for TRL.

Best regards
    G.B.

intrepid_soul Guest
    Quote Originally Posted by GBWolf View Post
    I wondered about the 1.1-Steam-issue, too, and asked the Steamsupport. I got the following answer:

This is very strange in my eyes: running 1.2 "data" with an 1.1 "exe" seems to be not a good solution and looks more like Steam using an evil hacked exe-file for TRL.

Best regards
    G.B.
    I agree it sounds suspect. Could you test something for me then? Either play through the game and unlock it, or go to www.tombraiderchronicles.com and download their save file for the end of the game. Go to the Model viewer in Extras and try try to view Japan Female Model A. This model crashed in 1.1 when you tried to view it, and was fixed in 1.2. Let me know what you find.

I don't get the crash looking at that model but Kazakhstan does get the flickering and what not. It might be true what steam is saying and the 1.2 files with a 1.1 exe since I can view it but still get the Kazakhstan graphics problems that might be from the exe.

intrepid_soul Guest
    Quote Originally Posted by PureSkill View Post
    I don't get the crash looking at that model but Kazakhstan does get the flickering and what not. It might be true what steam is saying and the 1.2 files with a 1.1 exe since I can view it but still get the Kazakhstan graphics problems that might be from the exe.

What model of video card, and what are your drivers dated?

My card is 8800 GTS 320 and i am using the 159.19 drivers running next gen. On that lvl the snow is transparent and odd texture problems that sound like bugs that were fixed in 1.2.

Quote Originally Posted by PureSkill View Post
    My card is 8800 GTS 320 and i am using the 159.19 drivers running next gen. On that lvl the snow is transparent and odd texture problems that sound like bugs that were fixed in 1.2.

Ya, this is exactly the problems that I experienced as well on an 8800 GTS 640.

Thumbs Up

A post to the Steam forums by a moderater there says that the 1.2 patch was finally released today.

Better late than never.

Question

hey is there an patch for the online version of this game??? i tried installed the disc version, and it doesnt work.

Has there been any further developments with these patches? I had originally run this game on an older Athlon system without issue, however, I lost the game after my house was burgled. Anyway, never replaced it until now, I seen it on a PCGAMER release so went for it, though now I am unable to run the game as it simply shuts down my screens after a few minutes of game play. Has anyone ever been able to fix this problem?

Is there any way to get this patch installed on the Trymedia version, or do I have to wait for them to release their own special patch?

Still The Same Problem,laging,jajajajajaja

I Can Not Belive It Eidos!!,after To Be Waiting So Long For This!!!

I Got All The Newest And Latest Drivers For Everything That Is Running On My Pc And I Got A Very Pretty Fast Machine That Can Run Games Like Cod2 Or Oblivion At High Performance And Smoothly.

The Way You,"eidos" Are Given Us A Solution For This Is A Completely Dissapoint!!!!!

What Are You Doing To All The People That Are Trusting On You And Buyng Your Products!!!!

(sorry At Least Lara Can Walk,it Was Fine)

Thank You Very Much For Anything Eidos!!!!

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast