Thread: ERROR when launching a demo, crashing to desktop.

ERROR when launching a demo, crashing to desktop.

ERROR when launching a demo, crashing to desktop.

I installed the demo and when I try to run the game it blinks and an error appears: askes me if I want to send the report to microsoft. No explanation to what happend.

My machine is: Dell Dimension 4600
    P4 2.8 GHZ.
    1GB RAM
    120MB HD
    256MB ATI Radeon X800XL

I have everything up to date, including all the drivers for my video card and all the latest DirectX updates from microsoft. All my games are working fine: COD2, Red Orchestra, GTA:SA.
    Can this be fixed? Is that what awaits me if I buy a retail version? This sucks. Help please.

I dont know if you have been sleeping or something, , but many people have this problem. I dont crash at least, but I got the lag. Some it work for, others it dont. Better just wait for some answers from eidos or someone who works with the game. :/

I was using OMEGA Nvidia drivers the newest ones and i had the crash problem I then installed the Beta Nvidia drivers (Non Omega) and I don't have anymore problems.

So update all your drivers.

Read my post again! All my drivers are UPDATED!!!

man not to be annoying but are you 100% sure you have the BETA drivers, they are hard to find you cant get them from the Nvidia website. Make sure you dont have the latest OMEGA drivers and make sure you dont have the latest full release drivers. You need the BETA drivers that are out for your card.

NVIDIA Drivers? I got an ATI RADEON X800XL !!!

Apparently Blood Money has issues with that particular card.

http://www.hitmanforum.com/forum/ind...howtopic=31076

Fortunatly, Eidos are coming to the rescue.

Thank you, but that link referres to performance issues when people actually played the game. Different video cards involved in this including NVIDIA. It has nothing to do with my card nor does it has to do with a current issue. I haven't even seen the game yet. It doesn't open. Well, I'll wait till the fix comes out. They have to fix this.

It could be anything... maybe the copy protection conflicting with emulation software or maybe its sound related. Maybe your download is messed up and/or your exe is corrupted.
    I would try to redownload and/or reisntall it.

I downloaded from 2 different sources. None worked. gamspot and download.com. It doesn't work.

I havent even checked the demo folder yet but is an error report file generated in there? Have you found anything in windows (like minidumps?)
    Are you running the game at the same resolution has your desktop?
    Have you tried a previous (older) video card driver version?
    Can you describe the error you get?

It really should work...

I run it normally, of course same as desktop, I just click on the icon and the screen blinks black, then error appears as a report it to microsoft and that's it. No explanation. I gave up and deleted it. I'll get the retail and if it'll do same, then I'll probably reinstall the windows though it will be painful cause I got so much on this comp. I guess you gotta do what you gotta do. If it still won't work, then I don't know what I'll do. I don't want to conform to the game. It supposed to another way around. Thanks.