Page 2 of 2 First First 12

Thread: GeForce 4 Ti4200

GeForce 4 Ti4200

I have to agree with both points here. Since the video chip in the Xbox only uses pixel shader 1.1 and they did make a version for the Xbox, I can't understand why they didn't include a PS1.1 rendering path in the PC version. That said, if you're going to be a PC gamer, you have to accept a more or less constant upgrade requirement for components. By the time a component reaches the market, it's already obsolete. Someone has developed something better. The trick to successful PC gaming on a budget is buying components powerful enough to last you a while and far enough behind the state-of-the-art that they don't cost a fortune. If you can't afford even that, or just don't want to be bothered, then you'd be better off just going with a console. At least that way you only have to upgrade every 3-5 years.
    Age and treachery will defeat youth and skill every time.

works fine except menu.

ok, now with 1.2 patch. the geforce 4 series runs this game perfictly.
    doesnt crash at all, even when shooting guns etc.

Yet for some reason the game still quits to desktop when you initially load the game and when it loads the menu after the movie is played.

Soo what's the deal? the menu uses 2.0 pixel shaders and can't be disabled?
    Or is it something else. Anyway game runs fine if you skip to each level using the ini file. but this can get irritating.

lol, i finished the first mission. and when i go to the exit door to finish, it just quits to desktop. any ideas?

Originally Posted by hitman1
    ok, now with 1.2 patch. the geforce 4 series runs this game perfictly.
    doesnt crash at all, even when shooting guns etc.

I have a Geforce 4800 TI

it still crashes when i use the shotgun, in the 1st lvl. i used that command in the ini to play it, but when i use the shotgun it still crashes :S

(i have 1.2)

Originally Posted by Da3nd
    I have a Geforce 4800 TI

it still crashes when i use the shotgun, in the 1st lvl. i used that command in the ini to play it, but when i use the shotgun it still crashes :S

(i have 1.2)
    wierd. i can use the shotgun fine too.
    Are you running the game with shadowdetail on medium?

I put everything on Low...

The minimum requirement already states that you need a FX5200 to play it. If you can't get your Ti card to run it, you can't!

So ur saying that a 4200 can run it but a 4800Ti cant?

Lightbulb just in case

It's worth mentioning that you shouldn't use any no-cd cracks. People have been copying 1.1 crack over 1.2 patch, and if you do that, you'll in fact "undo" everything 1.2 patch did.

The ps 2.0 requirement is pure bull. I'm running the game on Geforce 3 Ti 200 and every level works perfectly and I have better graphics and a better fps than my friend who has a Radeon 9800 Pro.

The only thing that doesn't work right is the menu. I can get past the intro by deleting the scatterbillboard.fx in the hitmanbloodmoney.zip but the game crashes when I try to start a level from the menu. I have to start the game from the .ini file.

So I should spend 200 euros for a new gfx card to get to use the menu? Sure I will..

The only reason it works is because they issued a patch for it, from the start it didn't.

Yeah, before the patch the glow.fx files had to be deleted too which at the same time deleted some unimportant walls from the levels. Didn't really affect gameplay.

The point is that it would be really nice if they would make the level loading possible from the menu with older cards too. How can it be so hard?

Originally Posted by Da3nd
    So ur saying that a 4200 can run it but a 4800Ti cant?
    No, I said only GeForce 5 and above. Anything lower won't work correctly. Wait for the fan made patch.

Originally Posted by Xcom
    I find it a bit hard to believe that it runs "every other game well and fast in 1024x768".
    Actually its true. I have a Ti4200 and I'm choked that the card isn't supported either. I have whacks of 3d games and they all run icy smooth at high resolutions with details cranked (Americas Army 1280x1024, 72fps, The Sims 2 1280x1024 92fps for example, MS FlightSim 2005 1280x1024 43fps).

I'm sure Shader2.0 looks really nice, but its a really stupid move to force people to deep six a perfectly good card just to play this game. Let people upgrade on their own schedule! Its a bit of an insult when they release an XBOX version that uses Shader 1.3, they have the source code sitting around, and just decide not to include it.

Page 2 of 2 First First 12