Thread: Trymedia Digital Purchase

Exclamation Trymedia Digital Purchase

Hi. I buyed the TRL game by Trymedia Digital Purchase, but upon extracting files from TombRaiderLegend_us.001, the log shows an error extracting "bigfile.017". I've downloaded the file (..._us.001) 2 times with the exact same results. I would like to know the contents of that 017 file, to see where I'm gonna have trouble with the game, and also would like to know where I can find that file for replacement. Any other people using the Trymedia Download are having the same problem?

Don't know if this will help, but I have purchased my copy of
    TRL from Gamespy (IGN) Direct2Drive, which I believe is also
    a "trymedia" game.

I just checked in my TRL folder, and I do have a "BIGFILE.017".

I don't recall any problem during the install and activation
    process, other than I had to turn off Norton Internet Security
    in order for it to get activated.

I would contact whomever you purchased it from, sounds to me
    like the file may be corrupt on their server.

You could temporarily turn off any security, antivirus, and firewall
    software before doing the instal and/or activation to see if it
    helps.

Best of luck, hope you get it working.

Bye for now...

Quote Originally Posted by Dukmiester2
    I just checked in my TRL folder, and I do have a "BIGFILE.017".
    Thanks for the feedback! The problem is, I have the bigfile.017 too, only mine's is corrupted. Here is an update on my investigations:

My game info:
    Tomb Raider - Legend (US version 1.1 Apr 6 2006)
    bigfile.017 size: 39,936 Kb

Playing normally, till the end of the West Africa level. Crashing when trying to start the Kasakhstan level . I was forced to try the following: I managed to download a Completed-Unlocked Savegame file from the web . The thing is, I loaded up this saved game, went to Croft Manor, and tried on all the outfits. The outfits that are crashing my game to the desktop are:

Winter
    Winter, No Coat
    Winter, Orange
    Winter, Pink No Coat
    Suit
    Suit, Cream
    Special Forces
    Special Forces, Urban
    Goth
    Goth, Lace Shirt
    Sport
    Sport, Green

Obviously, the outfits needed by the Kasakhstan level are Winter and Winter No Coat, so hence the crash (would crash also at the Nepal Level). And guess what? I CAN play the Kasakhstan and Nepal levels with the "Replay Level" option, selecting a diferent outfit, like the Snowsuit one. But this is not the answer I'm looking for. I want my own gameplay and find my own rewards. Now I need to find a healthy bigfile.017 to do so (anyone care to share?), and meanwhile, I'll have to waste my time following Lara around her mansion wearing those ugly swimsuits...

Oh! And I forgot to say: I DO contacted the Trymedia Technical Support, describing the exact problem with the bigfile.017, the error log, etc., and they said it was Eidos problem, their only concerns where about licensing and charging my card... Say, Dukmiester2, do you passed the Kasak Level?

I would complain to Trymedia a little louder... They are giving you this data, they supply you data that is different from what Eidos normally supplies. (For example for their own protection mechanisms). This data is now clearly non-functional for you.

Bigfile.017 is a lot bigger when using a regular DVD copy of the game.

Well, I re-checked my Bigfile.017 and it is 141,688 KB.

Sorry, I am only up to Japan 23%, according to my savegame file.
    I wish I were further, then I could let you know about your other
    question. Sorry..

Like the other poster said, I would still complain to trymedia
    as I had a bothched installer for a game and IGN first said exactly
    what trymedia is telling you:
    "talk to the developer, it's not our problem"

Well, I talked to the developer, and apparently these digital
    distributors write their own custom installers, so I believe
    yur problem DOES lie with trymedia, no matter what they may
    claim. I finally got credited on my credit card from IGN
    for that botched game.

Best of luck, keep bugging them....

Thanks for your help. I'm resending another technical support request right now to Trymedia.

I got a new response from Trymedia. You all know the drill: get rid of your security settings and software, redownload, uninstall, install again, etc. Well, I can't do anything but listen to them, and redo the downloading... again, another 9+ hours at DSL speed... again . I really hope this time works (read: "this time they fixed the file to download"), but I'm sure the problem wasn't on my side, as I'm not alone. It happened too at Direct2Drive, and it seems Eidos recognized the issue. You can read about it here.

Hi Darkness,

I've encountered the exact same problem with the trymedia version of the game. I just contacted them as well and wrote a tech support request to either give me a solution or I'm going to pursue a refund since I have an incomplete game.

I'm still fighting through the Trymedia Support system. I really want the game fixed. Last thing I wanna do is request a refund. I really dig the game, fan of TR since the begging, bla, bla. But, God!, their CS sucks! With 20 years of been working around computers, a degree on Computer Systems Engineer, and I have to deal with:

1st attempt : "It's Eidos fault. Talk to them". (I didn't even bother Eidos, 'cause I KNOW it's not their fault). I replied about the corrupted file TombRaiderLegend_us.001 SPECIFICALLY and the bigfile.017 error.

2nd attempt : "We'll teach you how to download a file... unload your AV, deactivate your firewall, set your Internet Security settings at medium... bla,bla... uninstall, bla, bla... reinstall, bla,bla". Just in case, I've downloaded the problematic file AGAIN, you know, in case they've been fixed it and wouldn't want to recognize their glitch. No success. The file is the same. I replied, and also, gave them a hint: Use WinZip with the TombRaiderLegend_us.001 file and you can extract any file, anyone BUT bigfile.017. WinZip says "Corrupted data".

3rd attempt : "We'll tech you how to install the game: first, you need 3 files: TombRaiderLegend.exe, TombRaiderLegend_us.001 and TombRaiderLegend_us.002. Here are the links to download. Please, save them in same folder. Click or open TombRaiderLegend.exe... bla,bla". I was left speechless. So, I ran the installation, screen grabbed the error log, and now I'm calming down, relaxing a bit, so I can be polite enough to write back a reply, attach the screenshot, and see IF they see my mail, cause with attachments can't use their support request page.

Of course, if they don't give me a solution (as in: FIX THE DAMMNED FILE! ), I also would like my money back. But believe me, I rather have the problem fixed.

Finally! I've downloaded the TombRaiderLegend_us.001 on Saturday (June 17 2006), and now is fixed. I extracted the "bigfile.017" with WinZip, copied the file to the Tomb Raider Legend directory, and the problem was solved. The levels Kazakhstan and Nepal are now full operable. And so the troublesome outfits. Next I'm gonna try to download the remaining 2 installation files, and see if the patch 1.2 is already included with the fix.
    "To paint comic books as childish and illiterate is lazy. A lot of comic books are very literate - unlike most films." - Alan Moore
    http://img233.imageshack.us/img233/7...mersig32sp.jpg

Quote Originally Posted by Darkness_65 View Post
    Thanks for the feedback! The problem is, I have the bigfile.017 too, only mine's is corrupted. Here is an update on my investigations:

My game info:
    Tomb Raider - Legend (US version 1.1 Apr 6 2006)
    bigfile.017 size: 39,936 Kb

Playing normally, till the end of the West Africa level. Crashing when trying to start the Kasakhstan level . I was forced to try the following: I managed to download a Completed-Unlocked Savegame file from the web . The thing is, I loaded up this saved game, went to Croft Manor, and tried on all the outfits. The outfits that are crashing my game to the desktop are:

Winter
    Winter, No Coat
    Winter, Orange
    Winter, Pink No Coat
    Suit
    Suit, Cream
    Special Forces
    Special Forces, Urban
    Goth
    Goth, Lace Shirt
    Sport
    Sport, Green

Obviously, the outfits needed by the Kasakhstan level are Winter and Winter No Coat, so hence the crash (would crash also at the Nepal Level). And guess what? I CAN play the Kasakhstan and Nepal levels with the "Replay Level" option, selecting a diferent outfit, like the Snowsuit one. But this is not the answer I'm looking for. I want my own gameplay and find my own rewards. Now I need to find a healthy bigfile.017 to do so (anyone care to share?), and meanwhile, I'll have to waste my time following Lara around her mansion wearing those ugly swimsuits...
    File size is 138 mb or 1,41,688 kb
    I will upload soon
    email: adifbbk1@gmail.com

Who ever having bigfile.017 problem, download and replace this file
    https://mega.nz/#!5glW2AYL!EiwskafHF...5hZ19WLrwbs6_E