Page 6 of 9 First First ... 23456789 Last

Thread: FFXIV: Concerning Refunds

FFXIV: Concerning Refunds

  1. #126
    I do feel like i should get my money back, i was promised Early Access got in once got booted never got to play. Game released been on 2 days have not been able to log in since. if i wanted to play Unlucky lottery (1017) i would do so on my phone for free not pay 50 bucks for a brick. getting to the point i want them to loose every sub they could have had.

  2. #127
    Join Date
    Aug 2013
    Posts
    13
    Id like to know where we apply for refund for game too!! IVE had it never ever had this problem in my 17 yrs of gaming. I mean yes crashes and bad launches but this is the absolute worse having a game come up playable but only 1000 people ish per server and they over sold the SEATS! the slots ... NOW we are bumped off constant on any server.. .NO entry into any server I made toons even on japan and even those servers are now full. THANKs now i remember why i stopped playing square enix games .. their cust service is by far the absolute worse even worse then runic games.

  3. #128
    Okay, so if your point of view is that a troubled launch of an MMO should impact your decision to buy any other IP connected to SE, then I question your commitment as a fan. Eidos-Montreal hit the Tomb Raider relaunch out of the park, and had nothing to do with the FFXIV team. Lightning Returns is maybe a little closer to home, but really - did you write off Activision because of the last Aliens game? Were you done with Nintendo after the Wii U flopped? Did you get rid of all your Sony stuff after your launch-model PS3, that you paid too much for to begin with, crapped out after two years?

    If all of you guys are legacy players, and this is the second time SE disappointed you with a problematic launch of FFXIV, then I hold my peace. If not, well, just look at *those* guys. They suffered through a crappy launch and a crappy game, and many of them returned for ARR. Now, *that's* loyalty, and that is being a fan.

  4. #129
    Join Date
    Aug 2013
    Posts
    13
    IM IN FOr any CLass action suits.. ANY ATTORNEYS READY TO PLAY?

  5. #130
    Yes, I am for this as well since now Square is saying that PAID char transfers are coming in September without ANY mention of free transfers for us since they are in fact the ones that screwed us all over by locking us out of our servers that we PAID to play on. Genius move, Square,; offer poor server capacity and then lock them ONLY to charge all NA?EU players to fix the problem that you forced on them in the first place! Evil Marketing 101! Geniiiiiuuuus. And yes, I am ne of those who bought it when it first launched waaay back when. I want OBVIOUS assurance of FREE char transfers for us for the first month that they are available, AT LEAST. This is what we all need to clamor for, FREE CHAR TRANSFERS to fix Square's mistake.

  6. #131

    Procedures for a refund??

    Hey guys, I bought the CE (pre-ordered) from psn and it was refunded when they had all the issues during EA... Because of lack of communication from them I didn't know it was going to be free to us later on so I bought the standard edition to get in.... Now I have both (The free ce and reg that I bought) but want neither... I've decided the game is just too undependable and is way too much hassle to try to even get online. I spend 3/4's of my time trying to get in just to get knocked off shortly after. So what is the proper procedure for getting a refund when purchased through psn?? Thanks!

  7. #132
    Im 100% sure you can't refunds from psn store.
    Its in the t & c when you buy stuff from psn.

  8. #133
    Yeah most of the sites you download software from state "No refunds". Its kind of a gray area depending on the country you are in when purchasing. Some places like US have laws that state you can't sell something that doesn't work for its intended purpose at the time of purchase. Its called the "Lemon" law and is basically seen as fraud. But really these download sites would probably say that the Square Enix is responsible for resolving any conflicts about the quality of their product and probably rightfully so. If they want to be nice and foster good customer relations they might offer a courtesy refund but I will assume they won't consider that until they are given enough time to try and resolve this fiasco. At the moment I think its premature for them to offer refunds. Give them another week and if its still not fixed and they have not offered reparations to your satisfaction, start making calls. It's what I intend to do.

  9. #134
    Join Date
    Sep 2013
    Posts
    1
    Originally Posted by sleepyeyes
    Okay, so if your point of view is that a troubled launch of an MMO should impact your decision to buy any other IP connected to SE, then I question your commitment as a fan. Eidos-Montreal hit the Tomb Raider relaunch out of the park, and had nothing to do with the FFXIV team. Lightning Returns is maybe a little closer to home, but really - did you write off Activision because of the last Aliens game? Were you done with Nintendo after the Wii U flopped? Did you get rid of all your Sony stuff after your launch-model PS3, that you paid too much for to begin with, crapped out after two years?

    If all of you guys are legacy players, and this is the second time SE disappointed you with a problematic launch of FFXIV, then I hold my peace. If not, well, just look at *those* guys. They suffered through a crappy launch and a crappy game, and many of them returned for ARR. Now, *that's* loyalty, and that is being a fan.
    Did you sit and muster on your throne of money when you bought Colonial Marines? how about when the PS3 didn't have backwards compatibility to your entire library of games which was your fandom? How about when the Wii U was released but no big developer would touch the damn thing due to its inability to sell?

    I'm a fan of many things, but i'm NOT a fan of being screwed over just for the sake of people to walk around on my hard earned cash to solve things in their own time. This is OUR time to play their game. This is OUR time to enjoy the fruits of their labor. That is what we buy, that is what we expect out of our purchase and THAT is what i want when i make a slot in an already busy day just to sit and relax with their game. Not to listen to someone like you to judge my fandom or my "commitment as a fan" as you so eloquently put it.

  10. #135
    I agree with all the anger being thrown around. Alot of us have busy lives, and have been looking forward to this for months on months. Now all these issues on a game that already folded for being inadequate... Where does SE get off taking peoples money and putting this out for purchase. They have really tainted an already tainted image. Poor business planning plain and simple.

    When I sit down to enjoy something that I've bought with my hard earned money I fully expect to due so. You guys are really FAHQing up , SMH in disgust.

  11. #136
    And they can't even be bothered to reply to any of us here...cowardly...All we get is Lodestone partial updates.."HERE! Take this generic news post to satisfy your raaage and please stop rocking da boat.."
    SIGN THE PETITION FOR FREE CHAR TRANSFERS TO FIX SQUARE'S MISTAKES OR FULL REFUNDS INSTEAD. http://forums.eu.square-enix.com/showthread.php?t=6234

  12. #137
    Join Date
    Aug 2013
    Posts
    1
    I do not want a refund and am happy to wait until it is all working a little better. Then in the weeks to come there will be more improvements just like every other game I have started with online when it first opened. They will most likely give everyone a number of days free for all the hassle they have put up with. I am so happy you are all quitting so its easier to get in the game but really it will be worth sticking it out. I like to be able to say "I was there the day it all opened". I have been in the game everyday since the 3 free days and each day after that and am in there right this moment. Sure it was hard to get in but everyday I get in Its a beautifully made game and I wont be stopping anytime soon.

  13. #138
    Well, then you are lucky for getting in. Are you perhaps one of those people sitting there idle when not playing so that you are keeping others out? I don't know many others with such a high login success rate as you claim to have..I am pretty much getting ready to give up hope on this game because their news posts are half-rgk;jhwrg and not really giving much hope that the real problems will be fixed. "YAY!! MORE SERVERS...that we can start over on or PAY to move our characters to. How niiiiiiice of Square to charge us to fix their problem..."
    SIGN THE PETITION FOR FREE CHAR TRANSFERS TO FIX SQUARE'S MISTAKES OR FULL REFUNDS INSTEAD. http://forums.eu.square-enix.com/showthread.php?t=6234

  14. #139
    Originally Posted by sleepyeyes
    Okay, so if your point of view is that a troubled launch of an MMO should impact your decision to buy any other IP connected to SE, then I question your commitment as a fan. Eidos-Montreal hit the Tomb Raider relaunch out of the park, and had nothing to do with the FFXIV team. Lightning Returns is maybe a little closer to home, but really - did you write off Activision because of the last Aliens game? Were you done with Nintendo after the Wii U flopped? Did you get rid of all your Sony stuff after your launch-model PS3, that you paid too much for to begin with, crapped out after two years?

    If all of you guys are legacy players, and this is the second time SE disappointed you with a problematic launch of FFXIV, then I hold my peace. If not, well, just look at *those* guys. They suffered through a crappy launch and a crappy game, and many of them returned for ARR. Now, *that's* loyalty, and that is being a fan.
    Consumers can and do punish retailers. I loved the xbox, but refused to buy the 360 and won't touch the next one because I disagree with the monthly fee for online stuff. I'm considering not even moving onto playstation 4 because of their PS+ subscription crap. If I want to do monthly payments I'll stick to my desktop.

    I was not impressed with how linear FF story lines became so I stopped buying the new ones. Have multiple copies of 1-10 on multiple platforms now, 8 copies of tactics beween ps1,ps3, and psp. I'm a huge fan of the franchise, but poor products will tarnish the name easily.

  15. #140
    Join Date
    Aug 2013
    Posts
    14
    It is time for SE to pay the piper. While I myself am not looking for a refund, those that are should be given one. But SE should also offer to automatically extend our first month by at least the difference in time between the release date and the day they reach 100% user accessibility (100% is relative there will always be a few that can't get it to work). Also they should give free server transfers.

    It is one thing to have minor issues and bugs, but I think we are way beyond minor problems they have made some very bad decisions and need to earn everyone's trust again and about the only way to do that is to, in effect, hand out money.
    Last edited by Kriknos; 1st Sep 2013 at 22:29.

  16. #141
    Originally Posted by Kriknos
    It is time for SE to pay the piper. While I myself am not looking for a refund, those that are should be given one. But SE should also offer to automatically extend our first month by at least the difference in time between the release date and the day they reach 100% user accessibility (100% is relative there will always be a few that can't get it to work). Also they should give free server transfers.

    It is one thing to have minor issues and bugs, but I think we are way beyond minor problems they have made some very bad decisions and need to earn everyone's trust again and about the only way to do that is to, in effect, hand out money.
    *claps heartily* hear hear! Very eloquently stated IMO. I hate that everything is turning out so badly. I was really excited about this game but.... well, you know the story. Everyone's having a hard time getting on and not getting to play this game that we have paid for and would keep paying for monthly if we were actually getting what we paid for. While the game is beautiful and looks like it could be so much fun, what does that matter if you can't get in to enjoy it? SE needs to do something to make it's customers happy or they will lose them.

  17. #142
    Originally Posted by melafaire
    *claps heartily* hear hear! Very eloquently stated IMO. I hate that everything is turning out so badly. I was really excited about this game but.... well, you know the story. Everyone's having a hard time getting on and not getting to play this game that we have paid for and would keep paying for monthly if we were actually getting what we paid for. While the game is beautiful and looks like it could be so much fun, what does that matter if you can't get in to enjoy it? SE needs to do something to make it's customers happy or they will lose them.
    This would be acceptable too if they would reimburse and extend time or reduce the amount paid per month for the player base for a month make it like 7 bucks that month after our free time expires.

  18. #143

    Proceedures of game refund

    To the Admin, community managers and whoever is reading this,

    i would like to ask, what is the procedure for a refund since i can't even play and gives me error codes like 1017, 1016, 2002 or 5006 or unable to load XXXX list.

    i hope there will be an answer to this because this game is really wasting my time for trying to get in to have fun etc that i can't even enter to play.


    thank you very much

    cheers

  19. #144
    I think it's a general T&C that no refunds will be provided, even though this server error is really pissing me off as well.

  20. #145
    ahhh i see.... couldn't find the refund part...

    thanks

  21. #146
    Join Date
    Aug 2013
    Location
    Ipswich (UK)
    Posts
    924
    Originally Posted by KyotoKisses
    I think it's a general T&C that no refunds will be provided, even though this server error is really pissing me off as well.
    Yeah, you'll generally find a part of the T&C's where it may not say about refunds but it will definitely mention they cannot guarantee service

  22. #147
    Join Date
    Aug 2013
    Posts
    21
    Originally Posted by Hippy_Pickle
    Yeah, you'll generally find a part of the T&C's where it may not say about refunds but it will definitely mention they cannot guarantee service
    It does not matter what the terms and conditions say, consumer law cannot be negated by them. Here in the UK we have the Sale of Goods Act, which states goods must be as described, of satisfactory quality and fit for the purpose it was bought for. Unless a person was a masochist, I do not believe anyone would buy the game merely to site there endlessly trying to connect to the game and getting the 1017 error messages, so obviously the game is not fit for purpose.

    People need to determine what their local consumer laws state.

  23. #148
    Join Date
    Aug 2013
    Location
    Ipswich (UK)
    Posts
    924
    Originally Posted by Hejjin
    It does not matter what the terms and conditions say, consumer law cannot be negated by them. Here in the UK we have the Sale of Goods Act, which states goods must be as described, of satisfactory quality and fit for the purpose it was bought for. Unless a person was a masochist, I do not believe anyone would buy the game merely to site there endlessly trying to connect to the game and getting the 1017 error messages, so obviously the game is not fit for purpose.

    People need to determine what their local consumer laws state.
    I'm in the UK also and I'm fully aware of consumer laws and myself and others have used consumer direct to get PS3's replaced outside of the standard 1 year warranty, BUT this type of law is mainly for electronical good over the value of £100. There are rights when it comes to things like this though and you are entitled to a refund but you'd have more luck from a retailer with a hard copy than getting refunds for digital downloads.

    The point of my post is that people are raging that SE 'Promised' service but they did no such thing, which as I said will be part of the T&C's where unavoidable server downtime will be stated as 'we cannot guarantee online access', or something along those lines.

    By all means pursue a refund but people should know that online service would never be 'promised'.
    Last edited by Hippy_Pickle; 2nd Sep 2013 at 13:37.

  24. #149
    Join Date
    Aug 2013
    Posts
    21
    Originally Posted by Hippy_Pickle
    I'm in the UK also and I'm fully aware of consumer laws and myself and others have used consumer direct to get PS3's replaced outside of the standard 1 year warranty, BUT this type of law is mainly for electronical good over the value of £100. There are rights when it comes to things like this and you are entitled to a refund but you'd have more luck from a retailer with a hard copy than getting refunds for digital downloads.

    The point of my post is that people are raging that SE 'Promised' service but they did no such thing, which as I said will be part of the T&C's where unavoidable server downtime will be stated as 'we cannot guarantee online access', or something along those lines.

    By all means pursue a refund but people should know that online service would never be 'promised'.
    Hmm

    How can a 1017 error be classified as "unavoidable server downtime"? It cannot, the server is not down for maintenance / faulty, it is inaccessible due to low population caps and the lack of an inactivity logout mechanism. Personally I have been able to connect most days, but I know there are people that have been unable to connect and create characters since the game went live last Monday, those people most definitely have a case to have their purchases refunded in full, at least if they are in the UK or the EU.

  25. #150
    Try taking it up under Intellectual Property? I think online games fall within that category.

    And I thought UK's SOGA included IP in it?

Page 6 of 9 First First ... 23456789 Last