Thread: Kingdom Hearts III - News and Updates

Kingdom Hearts III - News and Updates

Keep an eye on this thread, EF_Ernesto. Any new information will be posted here as it becomes available.

I know I'm not a MOD, but sometimes I just want to help out. Like what Grimoire said, you can check here. But you can also check Kingdom Hearts Insider as well. >LINK BELOW<
    http://www.khinsider.com

As I said, I just want to help fellow fans like us. Back to you Grimoire!
    Can't Wait for KHIII!!!!!, can you?
    signature image

Pretty much all the KH news I link to these days redirect to KHInsider, so naturally - it's the best place to go if you want to stay up to date with everything Kingdom Hearts.

New details from Famitsu
    - Kingdom Hearts III director Tetsuya Nomura talks about the game and Kingdom Hearts 3D in this week’s issue of Famitsu. (Siliconera)
    - Famitsu Interview with Tetsuya Nomura: KH3, Chi, 3D, and Costumes. (KHInsider)
    - Translated: Tetsuya Nomura's Interview with Famitsu. (KHInsider)
    Last edited by Grimoire; 28th Sep 2014 at 10:23.

Message on KH3 from Tetsuya Nomura in Memorial Ultimania. (SQEX.Info)

Kingdom Hearts III to be developed on Unreal Engine 4! (KHInsider)
    - Kingdom Hearts III Drops Luminous Engine In Favor Of Unreal Engine 4. (Siliconera)

Now this was unexpected (at least for me), but since they're changing the game engine to Unreal Engine 4 and working with Epic Games, we can still expect amazing results in Kingdom Hearts III... and of course, we can still expect to see Kingdom Hearts III gets released for PC and on Steam.

I am more then excited for the eventual release of KH3! Easily my all time favorite game rivaled closely by the Final Fantasy series! My only question is will there be a KH1 / KH2 HD remaster for the PS4? I would really hope so! I desperately wish to do my play throughs over again with the Next-Gen console as i no longer own my PS2! Please push for HD remasters ASAP!! It will sell of the shelves without a doubt! I alone would pre-order it today if news were released of its development in progress! Hope for some good news!!!

Revised Famitsu Interview with Nomura Fully Translated. (KHInsider)
    - We got a small taste of Tetsuya Nomura's recent interview with Famitsu that had been edited earlier which revealed that Kingdom Hearts III will be developed on the Unreal Engine 4. Thanks to Goldpanner, the revised edition of the interview has been fully translated!

New Kingdom Hearts III Footage at 2.5 Launch Event! (KHInsider)
    - We Saw A Kingdom Hearts III Teaser With Sora’s Transforming Keyblade. (Siliconera)

I was really excited about KH3 until I saw they were considering adding Marvel into it. I am fine with a little star wars as Disney owns the franchise fully, if they force Marvel into the game I might not purchase it. The plot is already convoluted enough with the characters Square has put into it as it is. Marvel doesn't need to be thrown into the mix. It would lose too much Disney appeal to have Marvel characters in it. This was supposed to be a cross-over between square and Disney, let's keep it at that. Xehanort doesn't need the immortal wolverine and xmen at his side.

Marvel and Star Wars are "Not Off-Limits" for Kingdom Hearts 3 (Kotaku)
    - "There's a lot to consider - we’re looking at all of Disney, the new ones as well, they have a lot of pull and draw," says Tai Yasue.

Kingdom Hearts 3 dev discusses switch from Luminous to Unreal Engine 4 (Eurogamer)
    - The switch has been seamless, and development on the game is progressing smoothly.

I'm having mix feeling about including Star Wars and Marvel.

It would be interesting to see how they interact in the game but...I believe that it will be too much that it will lead to confusion and lots of chaos.

Personal, I would prefer that they stick to Final Fantasy and Disney animated movies and cartoons. I would love it if they include characters from the Disney Afternoon shows such as Darkwing Duck, Talespin, DuckTales, etc.

I will keep you updated with any bits of news I come across concerning the matter, EF_Ernesto.

KHI Rendition
    of KH3 Footage (KHInsider)

- It may not be the most accurate, but the fans have done their best!

THE TRIALS AND TRIBULATIONS BEHIND KINGDOM HEARTS 3 (IGN)
    - The world is ready for Kingdom Hearts III. So what’s the hold-up?

I had this cool dream that I watched a Kingdom Hearts 3 trailer where I saw the new worlds in the game. The best part was seeing Darkwing Duck as a party member, fighting the bad guys. I woke up and said to myself, "If that was real then that would have been the best trailer ever!"

It's too bad I didn't know about the Kingdom Hearts 3 survey until it was too late, I really want them to know that I really want the Disney Afternoon shows in this game. I could have also given them great ideas for the game like what type of movies they could use (how about making a funny surviving mini game where Sora has to survive the football match as a referee, based on the Disney movie 'Bedknobs and Broomsticks'?)

Is there going to be another survey? If not, can I still be able to give them my ideas on here?

Nice dream.

I will keep an eye out for future surveys, however keep posting your ideas and feedback both here and over at the SE blog - you never know who might be reading your comments.

Kingdom Hearts 3 and KHx [Chi] Share Keyblades and Ephemera and the Non-Existent World (KHInsider)- Every day, Kingdom Hearts x[Chi] and Kingdom Hearts 3 are becoming more and more interlaced with each other.
    Last edited by Grimoire; 28th Dec 2014 at 18:49.

Event
    KHI Rendition of Sora's Keyblade & Transformations from KH3 Footage
    - Although the Inside the Kingdom, with Heart event in Burbank, California concluded well over a month ago, KHInsider staff member Zephyr has been hard at work trying to recreate what was seen at the event.
    Last edited by Grimoire; 15th Apr 2015 at 07:04.

Development
    Square Enix is Hiring More Staff for Kingdom Hearts 3! (KHInsider)
    - Recently, Square Enix updated their recruitment website with quite a number of open positions for Kingdom Hearts 3.
    Last edited by Grimoire; 15th Apr 2015 at 07:03.

Development
    The Kingdom Hearts Remakes Were 'Good Training' For Kingdom Hearts 3 (Kotaku)
    - Working on the Kingdom Hearts 1.5 and 2.5 remixes has been good training for Kingdom Hearts 3, said Tai Yasue (co-director and game designer on Kingdom Hearts 3 and the Kingdom Hearts 1.5/2.5 HD remasters) in an interview in London.
    Last edited by Grimoire; 15th Apr 2015 at 07:02.

Development
    Nomura: Kingdom Hearts 3 is Developing Smoothly, Smartphone title coming soon (KHInsider)
    - Famitsu recently conducted an interview with KINGDOM HEARTS creator Tetsuya Nomura. Released today, Nomura reveals that the development of KINGDOM HEARTS 3 is coming along smoothly, and that new and announcements will be made soon.

Development
    Kingdom Hearts III Assets Outsourced to India-based Development Company (KHInsider)
    - Evidence has been found that shows the India-based game development services studio Lakshya Digital is working on game assets for Kingdom Hearts III.

Event - E3
    Square Enix France Hints at Kingdom Hearts III (KHInsider)
    - The Square Enix France Facebook page has made two posts recently which mention the upcoming Kingdom Hearts III title for Playstation 4 and Xbox One consoles.

Page 2 of 4 First First 1234 Last