Thread: Eidos says they are working on it...

Eidos says they are working on it...

I sent in a complaint to Eidos support, and they said they are aware of the sound problem (for some users) and are working on a solution...

That's good news.

Hopefully other changes wont slow them down too much in releasing a new patch.

Hope they will release it fast, this problem is really annoying !

Quote Originally Posted by Silent Shark
    That's good news.

Hopefully other changes wont slow them down too much in releasing a new patch.

You mean "fixes"

Something to try...From speaking with some customers using Sound Blaster Live and Audigy cards, this appears to fix the sound issue. First start up Tomb Raider Legend and get to the main menu. Then Hold ALT and press TAB to minimize the game and return to the desktop. Next press Ctrl+Alt+Delete to bring up the Windows Task Manager. Click on the Processes tab and fine "trl.exe" in the list. Right click on it, left click on "Set Priority", and set it to Normal. Then close the Task manager and bring the game back up. If all goes well you should be able to play without sound issues.

Let me know if this works for ya'll.

~JJ

Sound Still Doesnt Work Good

Hey,

Your suggestion about setting priorities in the task manager has corrected most of the sound, but im stick getting some clicking on the sound. I unfortunately have a sound blaster live 24 bit card. Any ideas when a patch will come out?

Mine was already at Normal, so I tried one higher - still no change...

Arrow

Hi all,

I think it was mentioned in one of the other posts (though I don't remember which one) that to remove clicking and sound problems, you need to disable hardware acceleration on your audio card. If you search around, you should find the other post referencing this.

Regarding a patch, it would be nice if Eidos/CD would release a patch to fix the high priority problem (as well as the other ones people have mentioned).

James

Sound problem?

Pffft... What about the HUGE graphical problems that actually happen on hardware that was made this century.
    Dell 2405FPW / Viewsonic VP912b
    AMD A64 4400+ X2 w/ ZALMAN CNPS9500
    2x EVGA 7900GTX Superclocked
    Asus A8N32-SLI Deluxe
    Corsair TWINX2048-3500LLPRO 2GB Kit DDR433 XMS3500
    Raptor 74gig x2 raid 0 / xp pro
    SB X-Fi Elite Pro,Logitech® Z-5500 Digital THX
    Antec p180 / Antec TRUEPOWERII TPII-550

Quote Originally Posted by jgxenite
    Hi all,

I think it was mentioned in one of the other posts (though I don't remember which one) that to remove clicking and sound problems, you need to disable hardware acceleration on your audio card.
    Actually it was in Eido's very own First Aid thread.
    http://forums.eidosgames.com/showthread.php?t=57677

And I agree with Montresor. I hope they are working on the graphical problems as well.

Exclamation hardware acceleration

Quote Originally Posted by jgxenite
    Hi all,

I think it was mentioned in one of the other posts (though I don't remember which one) that to remove clicking and sound problems, you need to disable hardware acceleration on your audio card. If you search around, you should find the other post referencing this.

Regarding a patch, it would be nice if Eidos/CD would release a patch to fix the high priority problem (as well as the other ones people have mentioned).

James
    In the DxDiag.exe under sound I turned the ecceleration down to off and that seemed to help the bad sound. It didn't totaly eliminate all the noise but a lot of it. The game is more playable now. TKS

yes,but once done this it works for 20-30 minutes or more and then it starts again and you need to restart the game