Thread: Crash when using grapple after 1.1 patch

Crash when using grapple after 1.1 patch

Hi all

After installing the 1.1 patch, everytime I try to use the grapple, the game crashes and quits to Windows. It was working perfect before installing the patch. Any way to uninstall the patch perhaps?

Quote Originally Posted by mr.brownstone
    Hi all

After installing the 1.1 patch, everytime I try to use the grapple, the game crashes and quits to Windows. It was working perfect before installing the patch. Any way to uninstall the patch perhaps?

exactly the same probblem here

Allot of problems with the patch... I think they need to pull it or release 1.2 quickly..

i am hving the same problem .... hope eidos releasing v1.2 soon to fix this bug

Use v1.0

Check your
    C:\Documents and Settings\All Users.WINDOWS\Anwendungsdaten\Microsoft\Dr Watson\drwtsn32.log

For This Error

*** WARNING: Unable to verify checksum for D:\GAMES\TombRaider7 Legend\trl.exe
    *** ERROR: Module load completed but symbols could not be loaded for D:\GAMES\TombRaider7 Legend\trl.exe

I Resolved any Crashes with Revert back to v1.0
    http://forums.eidosgames.com/showpos...4&postcount=10

how do i uninstall the 1.1 patch?

crashes too windows version 1.1 TRL wen i use the grapple on the first round boulder

Yes i am suffering from exactly the same thing with version 1.1,i get too the first bit where u hav too use the grapple thing too move the round quiot type bolder and trl crashes too desktop!
    It is also happenin exactly the same on a mates pc.we both hav fully update bios,drivers so it isnt a driver issue.All other games work fine on this pc.
    EIDOS !! please please please look into this issue!

my specs

amd64 venice 3500+
    2gig crucial ballistix in dual
    abit av8 mobo
    rad x850 xt pe
    emu 1820m
    2x raptor hardrives in raid array

All components and bios are up too date.

US Version, No Patch to uninstall!

... and it crashes when I use the Grapple. Unbelievable... can't get past the first metal disc in Bolivia because of this. Five minutes of game time.

Eidos, did you test this AT ALL?

I am having the same problem with the game crashing when trying to use the grapple for the first time in Bolivia.

I installed the patch straight away before I even tried to play the game yesterday, and the game crashed at that point in Bolivia.
    So I un-installed the game, tried to run it without the patch, and the game was crashing before I even got to the menu screen.

So I am now back at square one...any ideas?

Thankyou

So this problem has still not been resolved? I finally got the control problem fixed so I could play with the 1.1 patch, then the grappling thing caused my game to crash.

Oh well, at least I have finished the game with crappy controls (1.0). Maybe if they fix this, I'll play some more later.

Please refrain from discussing no-cd or the likes here.

We do not allow discussion about this nor should anyone using such a device expect support on the official forums.

Thanks,

Red Face (Embarrassed) Nice...

LOL, Gotta love how there is no response about the PROBLEM here.. Just a moan about um... well you know what. How about saying something USEFUL about this as its obviously a problem with the 1.1 patch, not err, your cd drive. I have anticipated this game for ages, to the extent i actually went and upgraded my x800xl to a 6800GT just for the version 3 pixel shaders. now i am stuck with a game that hardly plays at version 1.0, or version 1.1 where it looks nice, doesn't stutter , but crashes as soon as i have to actually grapple something, on a side note, using the grapple unsucessfully doesn't crash it. I would be happy if a dev or mod could at least confirm that this is an issue that is being investigated.

As has been mentioned a ton of times now. This issue is known to only occur using a _cracked_ (also known as NoCD) version of TRL. It is not known to be a fault in the itself.

If you have been looking forward to this game so much, go out and buy it

Strange.

I did. Think i will spend cash on a new video card, but not a 29.99 game? lol... Saying that, i truly regret my decision to buy it, and hope that other games that support v3 pixel shaders will do my upgrade justice. A LOT of people here are having the same problem if it IS just a problem with a cracked file. Well done those people, you avoided spending money on something that doesn't work on so many levels. Wonder how many people screwed up their systems trying to get this to work.

Alright, while I may agree that not everyone with this problem has a legal copy of the game, there actually ARE a lot of people that think finding the stupid CD every time you want to play the game is annoying even if they bought the game. I change between playing several games, and swapping CD's like you had to swap discs when playing Monkey Island 2 on the Amiga shouldn't bve necessary.

But at least it isn't Starforce...

http://www.glop.org/starforce/

Quote Originally Posted by Nightmist
    Alright, while I may agree that not everyone with this problem has a legal copy of the game, there actually ARE a lot of people that think finding the stupid CD every time you want to play the game is annoying even if they bought the game. I change between playing several games, and swapping CD's like you had to swap discs when playing Monkey Island 2 on the Amiga shouldn't bve necessary.

But at least it isn't Starforce...

http://www.glop.org/starforce/
    monkey island 2 for the amiga, that a 12 disc game? god how i hated disc swapping

Quote Originally Posted by Corsair666
    I did. Think i will spend cash on a new video card, but not a 29.99 game? lol... Saying that, i truly regret my decision to buy it, and hope that other games that support v3 pixel shaders will do my upgrade justice. A LOT of people here are having the same problem if it IS just a problem with a cracked file. Well done those people, you avoided spending money on something that doesn't work on so many levels. Wonder how many people screwed up their systems trying to get this to work.
    I was having a go at Bolivia again (Hell, can't do much more) and just at the sequence after you use the grapple hook for the first time where you fight 2 guys (I didn't patch the game and yes, the performance was diabolical) I noticed Lara was walking THROUGH boulders! Right through them. It was absolutely comical. Seriously, how much testing was carried out on this game before release?

I mean this game, imho, looks absolutely gorgeous in next gen mode - like all these 3D Marks and Nvidia graphics demos brough to life. But it's one of the buggiest, most shoddily programmed messes I've seen. The performance in next gen mode is only one of the drawbacks. I even ran it on a 4800+, an A8N Premium, and 2 x 7900GTX sli, and it was nowhere near fluid.

A bit of polish and this game could be classic, but by gum the next patch has a lot of issues to solve.

Rolleyes

does anybody knows if Eidos are working for this horrible issue??
    or someone have a solution for this ?
    cause i have the same problem...
    help please...

i too have this same problem, i have only just started the game and downloaded the patch, got to the first grapple thing, a big coin in a doorway, and the game crashes EVERYTIME i hit the grapple button....please, we need help

bump

bug's from the crack, buy the game or find a better crack, or stop smoking it
    Dell 2405FPW / Viewsonic VP912b
    AMD A64 4400+ X2 w/ ZALMAN CNPS9500
    2x EVGA 7900GTX Superclocked
    Asus A8N32-SLI Deluxe
    Corsair TWINX2048-3500LLPRO 2GB Kit DDR433 XMS3500
    Raptor 74gig x2 raid 0 / xp pro
    SB X-Fi Elite Pro,Logitech® Z-5500 Digital THX
    Antec p180 / Antec TRUEPOWERII TPII-550