Page 17 of 17 FirstFirst ... 71314151617

Thread: Your Rants Here...Tell Eidos you feel ripped off

This Quote didn't work out but it is from a post posted by Sup2069

I have never claimed any Legend lovers are not TR fans. I do believe there are TR1 lovers who like legends as well. I guess I will have to copy and paste things like thoran to get people to understand.

I am!

Exclamation

Quote Originally Posted by LaraGirl216
    This Quote didn't work out but it is from a post posted by Sup2069

I have never claimed any Legend lovers are not TR fans. I do believe there are TR1 lovers who like legends as well. I guess I will have to copy and paste things like thoran to get people to understand.

I am!
    so am i

I agree with higgs!!

I have a lot of complaints of TRL ( PS: TRL is not have that TLR was!!) most about how they changed the trademarks of lara croft!!
    and don't give me the plain reply: Look towards the future! or Changes for the Better, or it's all in the past make way for the new stuff

thebiggest changes of Lara that I hate is: her new hair style ( loose pony tale multi fringe, other voice, ext...

go to the links below for pics of the lara model I think is more origional:

http://www.planetlara.com/picview.as...pril12_022.jpg

http://www.planetlara.com/picview.as...pril12_019.jpg

http://www.planetlara.com/picview.as...vid1_shot1.jpg

http://www.planetlara.com/picview.asp?file=tombraider7/
    TombRaiderLegend_April12_009.jpg

http://www.planetlara.com/picview.as...fficial_25.jpg

http://www.planetlara.com/picview.as...fficial_31.jpg

http://www.planetlara.com/picview.as...fficial_27.jpg

http://www.planetlara.com/picview.as...fficial_29.jpg

Quote Originally Posted by LΞGΞND
    thebiggest changes of Lara that I hate is: her new hair style ( loose pony tale multi fringe
    The classic outfit doesn't even refute that the slightest bit..?
    To be proud of virtue, is to poison yourself with the antidote

The pic links above all have a comparison with the TR 1 - 6 models (ingame not real-life) like the bound ponytale the 1 long 2 short fringe the eyes ext..

Lara changed yeah, get over it people... The game and Lara herself needed some changes, we can't have games like Tr1 forever, the series would die.. well, see what happened with the last few games? If you like the classics, simply replay them, 'cuz I don't think there's gonna be other TRs like them...

Legend had its good and bad sides, like every TR games..! Like every games out there actually ^^'

Give CD another chance! It's their first TR game, they probably listen to your suggestions and opinions to make the next adventure better ^^ (though I liked legend..) I'm sure they'll make TR:AE and TR8 great TR games
    '' It's Not A Party Until Something Gets Broken! '' -- Lara Croft - Tomb Raider Legend

Smile

Quote Originally Posted by Evil_Ness_Croft
    Lara changed yeah, get over it people... The game and Lara herself needed some changes, we can't have games like Tr1 forever, the series would die..
    Perhaps thats happening already , games like TR1 are just what is needed
    I thought Croft Manor was excellent in Legend - but the environment could have
    been bigger.

A few suggestions

1.CD need to standardise the users control of the character to that offered
    in earlier games.Why reinvent the wheel TR3 -5 is preferred by me.

2.CD need to seriously assess their audience for games , perhaps two
    versions are needed: one for the teenage market ie containing the features
    in Legend , and one for the classic player - in fact both could be
    built into the one game ie at the menu play classic or play with features.
    Another option would be play up to level1 or 2 with Zip and the extras ,
    but after that Lara has to survive without these added features.

3. Lara we all know is a super hero but its natural to make mistakes
    be hurt and find solutions - less gloss and more puzzles without help is what
    is needed. The use of mathematical problems I think is a great feature
    that has been part of all the games including Legend - perhaps look
    for historical mathematics problems and have solutions suggested
    by the game story. Think of TR3 RX Mines the opening section with
    the door puzzle ,

4. Make the environments as huge as is possible , allow the character
    to move into these areas ,curiousity intrigue wonder adventure
    exploration.

5. The solitude of the early games invites a relationship of the player
    you can momentarily become the character - as if you are there
    involved representing Lara as a character.

6. Establish realistic story concepts - yes this is hard I know, the
    fairly mindless creature and supernatural battles seen in Aod and Legend
    are at the best tedious and boring although even TR1 had a few of
    these - who in the forum would like or even remotely appreciate
    playing the Red Ghost or Boaz in AOD again and again?? .
    Basically escaping reality too easily with a supernatural battle thrown
    in is I think evidence of a tired story line.

Bring back Laras Quad bike !! no really I enjoyed cruising around on it

Hope this helps,

I agree with most of your point Chris Daly

I loved TR1, but what I meant is we can't have another games like it, it's too old... a TR1 with improvements is what is needed Actually, TRL wasn't a bad TR at all, I loved it to...But If only they had made it longer with bigger and more challenging tombs, and without the headset lol (I liked Alister and Zip, but men, they never shut up ) TRL would've been much more appreciated from the fans ... but hey, thats only my opinion...
    '' It's Not A Party Until Something Gets Broken! '' -- Lara Croft - Tomb Raider Legend

Thumbs Down I hate this game

Quote Originally Posted by Higgs
    I know there are plenty of rant threads. So? Heres another because Edios needs to know. Please add your rants as well. It will make you feel better about spending your hard earned money on a substandard game.
    ------------------------------------------------------------------------

I have all TR games.

Overall major dissapointment with TRL. After about half way through the game, I began to start thinking I just wanted to get it over with. It stopped being fun.

My major issues with this game (PC version) starting with biggest gripe:

Bosses - The bosses were just plain stupid. Why have a big water dragon when it has absolutely zero relevance to the story (level 6)? That boss level epitomizes the lack of imagination associated with this game.

Game play - Any of the hard parts required switching quickly from the guns to the grappler. Im sure all you PC people who have played this game can attest that its very difficult to to do this quickly. If Ediots, oops, I mean Eidos, uses this one thing to make a level hard...again...imagination not worth $39. And they use this all through the game (switch from guns to grappler). After a while, I was just getting mad and stopped enjoying this game.

Interactive Scenes - I let out a huge sigh of dissapointment when the first interactive scene popped up. Hitting the dirction arrow keys as they popped up on the screen was a HUGE $39 joke. At least Pacman had some strategy.

Game was entirely linear - I thought these type of games were not being made anymore. Lets all go back to the 90's again...GEEZ. Did I already mention how stupid the boss enemies were?

Game was so short I completed it in a day on medium difficulty - I guess if Eidios has to go back to 90's gameplay to find content, they sure wont have enough imagination to give someone at least a few days worth of gameplay.

Laura has changed slightly and now looks more like a cartoon than a real person. Although her figure is still appealing her overall looks have become more cartoonish.

Much of my time was spent backtracking, getting stuck because of a software glitch in the game...a door wouldnt open that should have...or a clue did not pop up. I found out that this was happening the hard way after giving up, then reading the walkthrough. I shut down the game and restarted. Lo and behold the door was now open! Just one example of many like these. Then you begin to wonder if your stuck because you havent found the right clue or you hit a bug...very frustrating!!!

The stupid rhetoric of Zip and Co - Puhleeeez

The best level was the King Arthur's Tomb. And I almost thought this game might be going in a good direction until the very end when I had to fight the stupid green serpant (water dragon). How does a water dragon relate AT ALL to that level???

The ridiculous motorcycle rides - I rate this 1/10 for design and imagination...extremely poor.

I wont buy anymore games from Eidos. Im done.
    Huge dissapointment, only people that never played TR can think of Legend as a great game. I'm a huge fan and have all TR games, all I can say NEVER again will I buy it. Give us back Lara Croft and TR the way it use to be, hate the controls hate the save game feature and stupid check points, it was too easy. DON'T fix something that's not broken!!!!

Quote Originally Posted by enya0301
    only people that never played TR can think of Legend as a great game. I'm a huge fan and have all TR games, all I can say NEVER again will I buy it.
    I have all the games, enjoyed all of them but TR3, and still think Legend is a great game. Far better than a number of the old installments.

key word: open-minded.
    and some people in here just aren't.

TRL had MUCH of the older games in it, much more then AOD. too bad some people critise this game for shallow reasons and\or complain about it because it wasn't created by Core.

so what do you expect, that we'll have more "modified versions" of the older games? you know THAT can't live forever. I love the classic TR's, and I love TRC, but at that point (TRC) it felt like you're chewing a used chewing-gum.

but hey, it's your loss. not mine.
    oh yeah, I've been a fan since TR2. I guess TRL isn't for n00bs only?

Quote Originally Posted by shirl123
    That's exactly what gets me upset. To some people it seems you either like "Core" or you like "Crystal". They can't accept the possibility of liking "Tomb Raider" as a whole, because Legend was as much Tomb Raider as any other game in the series.

Quote Originally Posted by enya0301
    Huge dissapointment, only people that never played TR can think of Legend as a great game. I'm a huge fan and have all TR gamesoints

uum... I have all the games to, on PC and PSX-2, and I played them all and loved them all... And I still loved legend... I don't know what you mean by that.

Quote Originally Posted by shirl123
    key word: open-minded.
    and some people in here just aren't.

TRL had MUCH of the older games in it, much more then AOD. too bad some people critise this game for shallow reasons and\or complain about it because it wasn't created by Core.

so what do you expect, that we'll have more "modified versions" of the older games? you know THAT can't live forever. I love the classic TR's, and I love TRC, but at that point (TRC) it felt like you're chewing a used chewing-gum.

but hey, it's your loss. not mine.
    I agree with ya shirl123

It's been said before: Things change. And you can't keep everything the same.
    Some people are clinging to the 'old Lara', some are clinging to the 'new Lara', and there are those who honor the 'old Lara', but readily accept the 'new Lara'.
    The 'old Lara' IMO, was emotionless and monotone; Im in love with 'new Lara', but I still honor her as she was in previous TR games.
    To be proud of virtue, is to poison yourself with the antidote

I played all "TR" games. Liked them all. But the game engine was getting old. Especially for the year 2000. I think, it was a good idea giving the "TR" project to Crystal Dynamics. (Hey, they've got the original creator of Lara - Toby Gard. If it wasn't for him, who knows, maybe, there wouldn't be any Lara at all.) They revived the series.

Page 17 of 17 FirstFirst ... 71314151617