Thread: Installation: Nothing happens

Installation: Nothing happens

Hello! I've read through the previous messages here, but none of them seemed to bring up the problem I'm having.

Basically, when I click the "Install" button on the autorun menu, I get the "An important note about getting a great experience" splash screen, advertising Nvidia...but then nothing happens. I've left it a few hours, just in case it was loading in the background, but nothing definitely happens. It still shows that splash screen right now.

There are no other windows open with the actual installer. There are no error messages, and nothing appears to crash. To close the splash screen, I have to go to the task manager and "End task" - the close button in the top right doesn't work.

Has anyone had a similar problem?

It is confusing but click on the desired picture. If you have a nice card take the one with the new tech if not go for the one without.

If you do go for the new tech, make sure you get the latest patch.

Almost a "D'oh" moment there - I just tried that, and it still does nothing. I've now clicked on both pictures, the text underneath, and pretty much everywhere else. Still no errors or anything - it doesn't make a sound or acknowledge the click in any way...

That is strange.

Thanks for your help - I was about to take it back to the shop, thinking I'd got a duff disc, when I tried putting setup.exe in compatibility mode for win2k - worked fine. Odd, but I'm glad it's working. Thanks!

2k mode

how do you put it in 2k compatibility mode???
    Frank