Page 2 of 3 First First 123 Last

Thread: How do I change my email address?

How do I change my email address?

Cannot change email address/No receipt for Final Fantasy X HD/Remaster for PS3!

I cannot change my email address under this site. In Basic information there's no ability to click on my email address to change it nor any button that will allow it.

I furthermore never got a receipt from you guys but got charged from you over the Final Fantasy X HD/Remaster for PS3.

Change email address

Hello

the page http://eu.square-enix.com/en/profile/edit/basic not let me change my email address

Somebody knows how could I do it?

Thanks

i know this question is old but in case someone else is looking for the same thing, the answer is you CANNOT change your email address on the SE Members site. if its wrong, it's stuck. if you no longer have access to the email address on file, that is also stuck and no contacting support will not help you because they do not have access to the Membership site info and can't change it either. the email address is just wrong for eternity until SE fixes the site (if ever. it's now 2014 and mine is still stuck with the same wrong email address).

CHEERS!

you can't and SE support can't do it either. it's stuck wrong for all eternity until SE does something to fix their system

Yeah have the same issue of sorts, on my profile the email is incorrect, and not the email address I use to log in with.
    Guess as long as its not used for anything...

change email

how can i change my registered email adress?
    when i try, i get linked to the square enix account management site where i have to login again with ID or email, but i cant login there with my used email adress???

help me please i really have to change the email adress of my account.

I know everyone seems to have troubles with customer support, but I was able to contact them and I got my email changed with the link they provided me. I explained to them my email was hacked from before and they were able to help me make the changes. It took a couple days, but the issue was resolved. I say that is your best bet until the release it back to where we can edit our emails again.

Here is the link I used to contact them to fix my account: https://support.eu.square-enix.com/c...hp?id=612&la=2

Sorry pretty standard but hope it helped some!

Need to change Email

Is it possible to change the email on this account to another? I need to change it because the one linked to this one is no longer usable.

Exclamation How do you get your email address on your Members account changed?

How do you get your email address on your Members account changed?
    When you go to profile it does not allow it.
    when you got to support it takes you to Square Enix accounts, where you proceed to do email support which gives a ticket and later sends an email telling you they cannot do it through email and to contact through chat or toll phone.
    Chat results is support arguing that they are Square Enix Accounts and cant do Square Enix Member accounts, nor can they give you any info or who to contact to get it done; except for filing another ticket.
    Phoning in gets the same results and cost you money.

All I want to do is change my email on my Members account as the one I had is no longer valid email. I have been trying to get this figured out over a year now with either being told it was taken care of or they can't / won't do it. But are still willing to take my money for purcases made through Online store, and linked accounts for Steam, and Playstation.

Any help, beside create a new account and lose everything, would be greatly appreciated.

P.S.
    Very frustrated!!
    I cant even subscribe to this thread because I wont get the emails.....

Originally Posted by arsenalfox
    How do you get your email address on your Members account changed?
    When you go to profile it does not allow it.
    when you got to support it takes you to Square Enix accounts, where you proceed to do email support which gives a ticket and later sends an email telling you they cannot do it through email and to contact through chat or toll phone.
    Chat results is support arguing that they are Square Enix Accounts and cant do Square Enix Member accounts, nor can they give you any info or who to contact to get it done; except for filing another ticket.
    Phoning in gets the same results and cost you money.

All I want to do is change my email on my Members account as the one I had is no longer valid email. I have been trying to get this figured out over a year now with either being told it was taken care of or they can't / won't do it. But are still willing to take my money for purcases made through Online store, and linked accounts for Steam, and Playstation.

Any help, beside create a new account and lose everything, would be greatly appreciated.

P.S.
    Very frustrated!!
    I cant even subscribe to this thread because I wont get the emails.....
    OK, this is what happens with chat support:
    Agent Daniel W: Hello Michael. So it looks like you are contacting us to change the email on a members account. Is that right?
    You: yes
    Agent Daniel W: Ok, well the account that you put in the ticket is not a member account. It is an online game account.
    You: when I login to my Members account it says it still has my old email this is the 4th time contacting you to get my accounts straightened out!
    Agent Daniel W: Well we do not offer support here for members accounts.
    Agent Daniel W: You would need to call in.
    You: I have already changed my game account I need my members account changed to make purchases or register games into my members account\
    Agent Daniel W: We do not support the members site here.
    You: I was told you do in an email from email support!!!!
    Agent Daniel W: This is chat.
    You: Then tell me how I am supposed to change my email! With out your toll call number that i have called twice and got no where
    Agent Daniel W: Wait for an email response for an email ticket.
    You: I did this was the response:
    "Dear Customer,

Regarding your request for account support. Please find your answer below.

Unfortunately the SQUARE ENIX Support Center cannot assist with this issue via email. In order to further assist you, we will need you to contact us via phone or chat, and the SQUARE ENIX Support Center will be happy to assist you.

Chat Support <Toll Free>
    To contact our Chat Support Team, please return to the SQUARE ENIX Support Center website and create a new ticket for your issue. Select the "Chat Support" option, and this will connect you directly to an agent that will be able to assist you.

Agent Daniel W: I am sorry that you got that response. It should have been given to the correct team.
    You: I did and this is what I got!!
    You: so thats why I am here and now you say you cant do it!
    Agent Daniel W: I can advise you to try again. Something like changing the email should be easy. You should just be able to go to account services or options and update or change it.
    You: It does not give an option, then when you go to support all it gives is the option to change game account!!!
    You: As I have said I have tried this over and over again!
    Agent Daniel W: Wow. Sounds really frustrating. So you dont want to call in because of the charges?
    You: I have already called twice been charged twice and was promised it was fixed twice!!!!
    Agent Daniel W: I think I have a members account. I will open it up and see what I can tell you.
    Agent Daniel W: Where do you live?
    You:
    Agent Daniel W: Are the rates high?
    You: That is not the point!!! the point is I as a customer should have been helped and this should have been taken care of a long time ago!!! I haven't had this email in over year when I first tried getting this fixed
    Agent Daniel W: Ok, I understand you are frustrated. I have contacted a senior agent, and they informed me that the emails on those accounts cannot be changed. I apologize if this is not convenient.

Finally got a reply, but it seems they have forgot that the members accounts are also where you have your Xbox, PSN, Steam, and Facebook accounts linked to.
    response below:
    "Thank you for contacting SQUARE ENIX support,

We apologize for the confusion. The email on the Square Enix MEMBERS account is currently unable to be changed. Since we only use that email for newsletters and special offers, any email account maintenance can be done via the Square Enix Account Management site for important notices and password recovery. Both sites use the Square Enix account as their point of login, so changing it in one location changes it for the other too. We hope that this information has been helpful.

Thank you for contacting the SQUARE ENIX Support Center."

I am going to quote your post in the OP since it explains the current situation so well and thus will save others who have the same problem from going through what you just did, arsenalfox.

Originally Posted by Grimoire
    Contact*[SQUARE ENIX Account Customer Service]*support.na.square-enix.com/contacttop.ph...
    I know this is an old thread but just so no one wastes their time contacting Customer Service support like I did, Square Enix Account Customer Service CANNOT change your email either. I've been there, done that and they told me they don't have access to change it either. Whatever email you have on it now is permanent and cannot under any circumstances under god's blue sun, be changed.

We apologize for the confusion. The email on the Square Enix MEMBERS account is currently unable to be changed. Since we only use that email for newsletters and special offers, any email account maintenance can be done via the Square Enix Account Management site for important notices and password recovery. Both sites use the Square Enix account as their point of login, so changing it in one location changes it for the other too. We hope that this information has been helpful.

The rep who told you that should have stopped talking after the second sentence because the rest of it is a load of bull.The SE Members site functions completely independent from the SE Account Management site. When it comes to SE's web site(s), its a bad case of the left hand doesn't know what the right hand is doing. No they do not only use the email address for newsletters and special offers. As someone mentioned below they also use it for when you buy games of which it also contains your games' products keys in that email, so you won't receive your order confirmations nor will you get your product keys emailed to you if you don't have access to the email address on this SE's Member's site.

Also, if you sign up for SE betas or go through Steam or other 3rd party resources that link to your SE account, they also use the email address on this SE Members site, SO if you don't have access to the email address on the SE member's site, guess what, you won't get your beta invite. I registered for the Norgoth beta and when it linked my Steam and SE account, what do you know it tried to link the old email address I have on my SE Members account that I can't change even though the email address on my SE Account Management page is my correct updated email but it didn't send it to that one. So, I probably won't be getting my Norgoth beta invite because my old email address is about to be dysfunctional in a few weeks.

SE reps please stop providing wrong information to your users because your web site does not work the way you think it does. Furthermore it makes users, like myself, not trust anything that you say. I for one, don't trust any info that any SE rep gives me until its proven. You might be trained that the sites are linked and whatever info you change on one, changes it on the other, but that information is WRONG.

Just make it so people can change their email addresses. I've had an email address of my own personal domain on my account that I've been unable to change for going on a year now. That domain is about to expire and I'm not going to renew it so in a few months the email address on my SE Member's account is going to be dysfunctional and my FFXIV game is stuck on this account.

Your web site is bad and stupid. You need to change it, it functions like it was built in 1988.
    Last edited by PinkLogic; 3rd Aug 2014 at 13:56.

Statement:
    Originally Posted by PinkLogic
    SE reps please stop providing wrong information to your users because your web site does not work the way you think it does. Furthermore it makes users, like myself, not trust anything that you say. I for one, don't trust any info that any SE rep gives me until its proven. You might be trained that the sites are linked and whatever info you change on one, changes it on the other, but that information is WRONG.

Fact:
    Finally got a reply, but it seems they have forgot that the members accounts are also where you have your Xbox, PSN, Steam, and Facebook accounts linked to.
    response below:
    "Thank you for contacting SQUARE ENIX support,

Response:
    Originally Posted by Grimoire
    I am going to quote your post in the OP since it explains the current situation so well and thus will save others who have the same problem from going through what you just did, arsenalfox.
    OP, Last edited by Grimoire; 19th Jul 2014 at 14:19.

Agreed. This is simply the worst managed web site i have to use. Makes me want to cancel it all and be done with it but i have trouble finding how to delete my information too! All i want to do is change my email address in the members account to have it match the supremely awful SE account site. I just spent 20 min trying to figure out how to update payment.

How to change email address?

This is for account I have but I don't know how to change the email address on it since I don't have access to that email anymore.

The games I have on there are I bought from steam and would like to change the email to my new one.

Help change email

when I register, I put the wrong email. How could I change it?

my account was temporarily suspended becuz of a hack attemped it says I get a email me how to remove the suspends but I checked my email account both my new one I had for like a year and my old one so im lost about how im going to play the game now

How do I change my email here with no "account.square-enix.com" account?

It accepts my new email along with my old one to log on, but still displays my old one in my profile.

I tried the support system, it's become an Abbott & Costello Who's on First base reenactment.

I don't think they are human and I am replying to a bot.

Change the mail adress in my profile, NOW!

I already changed the mail adress for my steam id, naively thinking it would change here, too.
    That i'm unable to change it on my profile here on the forum is OUTRAGEOUS!

Change my mail, immediately!

Changing email address

How do I change my email address?

When editing my details the email address is the only thing I can't change.

Thanks
    K

Afaik, you have to log into the Square Enix Account Management System to change your email address.
    http://support.eu.square-enix.com/fa...81&id=496&la=1
    signature image
    You are only minimally modified. Omar can help you correct this...

Change Email Address

Is there any way to change email address on the members page? The email address I used when I created the profile no longer exists. In the FAQs, it states this...

- For previous Square Enix Members
    If you were a previous Square Enix Member, you can change your email address by visiting the Square Enix Account Management page here. You can also find this link next to the email field in your Profile Settings.

When clicking the HERE link, it sends you to the SE Account Management page. My email address has already been updated there and does not have the old address listed. However, when I come back to the SE Members page, it still shows me the old address and not the updated one.

I tried creating another account thru the tomb raider linking account function with 2 different emails but the 2nd email brought me to the 1st acc now i can log into my acc with 2 emails......Is there a fix....I cant log into the SE acc management cause it says i am not registered there

Change Email

I am trying to change the email i use when i go to setting i see what email it shows i use but it wont let me change it, can i not change what email i use to get the square enix emails

Page 2 of 3 First First 123 Last