• bigger levels

373 68.69%
  • no, level size is ok

64 11.79%
  • harder puzzles

303 55.80%
  • no, puzzles are ok

87 16.02%
  • less hints (visual/audio via Zip or Alistair)

236 43.46%
  • more levels, bring the game play back to several months

423 77.90%
  • autograb off

94 17.31%
  • autograb stay

180 33.15%
  • real WASD

115 21.18%
Multiple Choice Poll.
Page 20 of 20 FirstFirst ... 101617181920

Thread: What would you want to see in TR 8?

Hey,

The puzzles in TR:A were excellent. Hard enough to keep you there for hours but easy enough to not get frustrated, puzzles like that should stay in throughout the TR series.

I would love to see Lara face on with her guns out , but otherwise the combat mode in Legend and Anniversary should stay. The rocket launcher should come back! Infact, all of the TRIII's guns should come back! And I hope that her dual pistols stay and she doesn't lose them like in AOD.

I would love to have a level like in the second film, where she makes her way to an underwater tomb. I think there could be interesting levels and enemies.

I hope that her face from Legend, to continue the storyline in Legend II, comes back, and they try to change it as less as possible.

Well, i've kind of run out of ideas for the moment but i'll be back.

A couple of vehicles, no rocket launcher but i would like the harpoon gun. Animal and human enemies as well as mythical ones too. Such as the shiva statues of TR3. And a boss that we have to avoid rather than kill like the Bull or Semerket in TRLR

I'd like a Tomb Raider where we don't have weapons, so instead of simply shooting enemies we have to avoid them. That would add a different element. Using the enviroment and Lara's full set of skills to avoid a gruesome, toothy death.

Less globe trotting aswell. I want stories like The Last Revelation, where we stay in one area and can easily track every footstep from beginning to end.

More levels, defenitley.

What's wrong with Zip and Alistair? I thought they were cool.

First things first: i loved TR:L, allmost as much as I love TR:A. Also, please forgive my rusty english... I`m Norwegian you see.

Here is a list of things i would like "fixed" for the next game:

- the whole bike-riding-scheme... it didnt work very well, lousy controlls etc. loose it or improve it.

- the Croft Manor: Expand it please, and add lots and lots of stuff to do, and super-secret stuff thats hard to figure out / come about (like the secret room in the basement with the treasure in TR2). Make it last "forever", and ad big secrets rooms and stuff

- Zip and Alister: give us the option to silense them if we want to, they really broke the mood considering TR is all about that solitude feeling one gets from beeing all alone in desolate isolated plases

- Levels: make them bigger, not longer, but more imense, more vast and expansive.

- Last thing: TR:A was perfect! Learn from TR:A, or even better: make TR:A 2 instead of TR:L 2, that way we get to visit the Great Wall of China once more, and relive the perfection that would be the legacy of the choices taken when making Anniversary.

Thanx for letting our (the fans) voices be heard! I feel like I have a say in Laras destiny, and that makes me feel warm at heart

No game is perfect. Not just games, nothing is perfect. Even we humans are not perfect either. But everything has a "degree of perfection". It could be 1%, 50% or 99%. Half-life 2 is a "flawless" game, yet its highest score from the PC Gamer Magazine was 99%.

I greatly enjoyed Legend, because it had a good story, believable characters, great graphics and a main character who i eventually got very emotionally attached to. However, I did have some gripes about it, mainly the length of the game, and perhaps more freedom. Other than that? It was fabulous. I think Crystal Dynamics has done a splendid job on this instalment but the could definitely improve.

Perhaps they could open up Croft Manor even more. I still remember the first time i ever played Tomb Raider. It was at a cousin's home. I forgot which one it was, but there was an outdoors obstacle course and Winston was holding on to a bullet-proof tray to shield himself from my bullets. And he kept stalking me.

So, what I would like to see in TR8? More Alister and Zip. Loved them. They lightened up the situation considerably and provided much comic relief.

An improved aiming system. Perhaps make an option to allow the player to manually aim like in other TPSes like Max Payne, not jut stand still and shoot.

Easter eggs. Everyone loves Easter eggs.

Free-roaming vehicle segments, the scripted bike rides were pretty enjoyable, but it dragged on and on.

But overall, I had the most fun playing Legend than any other game. Which is surprising, as i don't like TPSes. Oh, and i liked the Lara in Legend so much that a made a drawing of her. It's sort of complete, but I made her look too asian. Perhaps when I have cleaned it up a bit more, I will post a picture of it here or something.

I didn't even know that there was a tomb raider legend 2....but i suppose so because legend ended with a cliffhanger...

I'd love to see some of the old controls, the walk button for example- I'd love for that to return.
    It would be great to see more exploration, less of a "This is the way" game, and more of a "Where the heck is the way out" sort of game like the old ones.

A lot more easter eggs...absolutely almost impossible ones to find, so you feel like a proper raider and really chuffed with yourself when you find them.

All the guns from the old games- but not that often, so she keeps her trademark dual pistols look.
    Also the return of the quadbike- just to spice things up a bit.

Things that hide round the corner and jump out on you which makes you slightly afraid to play it- but you have to anyway, I used to love that from the old games.

WOOOOOOO

Oh and thats Tomb Raider 3 you're on about above^

Joel Hunt - Grapfruit-boy

Actually legend 2/tr8 has already been announced. Do your research.

I want it all to stay.

All from what they did from the remake of the first.

It was perfect, save for Natla's mines.. They made the level a bit short, but yes! Make levels a bit longer. Bits and pieces of Cutscenes! and just what/how they had it with TR:A.
    Nothing is True. Everything is Permitted.
    My.DeviantArt

Quote Originally Posted by Capkeez View Post
    Actually legend 2/tr8 has already been announced. Do your research.
    Sorry- I didn't realise they were the same thing- Gosh i sound like a noob. I knew there was a TR8 didn't know it was called legend 2.

Wink controls

Lara's run at the moment is more of a pityful jog, stylish but unrealistic when theres a giant boulder after you.
    She should be able to run faster,
    have a sprint mode like TR3,
    have a walk mode aswell.

Also she should have a 2D controls option, where back is back, not turning round and running towards the camera, I used to love that 'circle button' roll she did to turn round fast.

I actually enjoyed the bike stuff but there needs to be more areas where I have to use my brain. I felt Legend seeming a little "dumbed down".

I'd like more croft manor - and a part in the game where you have to do something there.

I liked Alistair & Zipp but I'd prefer it if I got to work out some more things on my own instead of being helped straight away - like if you wanted help, you have to ask them for it.

If they keep up up the good work with TRA and apply some of the things they added for that game - IE: great puzzles, larger areas with more exploration, longer levels which Legend was missing, a fleshed out story with realistic co stars etc, they can't go far wrong.

I loved legend but it really needed more. I want to learn more about Amanda's transition from good pal to Lara to the nasty witch she became. I can't quite believe in the 'You just left me' line.

They should get rid of the dratted wall runs. I can cope with the grapple but the wall runs got on my wick after a while. Also less mercenaries. That might be difficult seeming as Legend was swarming with them but they were a pain in the butt too. Not really challenging, just too many.

Make it something like Lara's journal in TRA. except make it "ask zip and alister for help" instead, provided they gave us the inventory system again.

I personally liked the Wall run! It's so interesting and not used in many other games like that. Along with that they should've gave her a little bit more skills.. I think like.. When she's wall-running she can shoot with her free hand.. (Which she probably does, and if so I probably don't know about it.. x.x)

But either way, I just hope TR:8 is more ... Well, more Tomb Raiding, instead of constantly fighting humans with lethal weapons (Which ended up being uber easy).
    Nothing is True. Everything is Permitted.
    My.DeviantArt

I love huge levels that take ages to complete. And a game full of these levels makes for an enjoyable gaming experience for me.

Definitely keep the cutscenes - in fact make more of them, while you're at it. Tomb Raider needs to keep it's story strong, and cutscenes are the only way to do that. In the first two Tomb Raiders, there were few cutscenes, and as such the plots felt kind of confusing.

Why not crouch and hold the guns at the same time?

NO Zip and Alister! I'm not that much against the visual hints, as you can turn them off.

And yes, real WASD. Though the present function doesn't bother me that much, you should be able to decide whether the mouse impacts movement or not.
    signature image
    I am Set, god of chaos and the desert. I add to the balance of the world. Without chaos and destruction, there is no peace and harmony.

Thumbs Up

Quote Originally Posted by Seth Koopa View Post
    NO Zip and Alister! I'm not that much against the visual hints, as you can turn them off.

And yes, real WASD. Though the present function doesn't bother me that much, you should be able to decide whether the mouse impacts movement or not.
    Amen to that, man!

Thumbs Up

Quote Originally Posted by Catty2882 View Post
    I actually enjoyed the bike stuff but there needs to be more areas where I have to use my brain. I felt Legend seeming a little "dumbed down".

I'd like more croft manor - and a part in the game where you have to do something there.

I liked Alistair & Zipp but I'd prefer it if I got to work out some more things on my own instead of being helped straight away - like if you wanted help, you have to ask them for it.
    and that!

Smile

Tomb Raider Legend is the TR game I’ve been waiting ten years to play. Lara looks great, moves well and all the control issues that put me off playing the first 6 games have (mostly) been resolved. (I'm playing the PC version).

Things I’d like to see in TR8:

*Unlimited saves* - do away with 'checkpoints' and instead allow unlimited, save anywhere saves. This would decrease frustration levels when navigating difficult puzzles, make the game more seamless, increase replay value and encourage a wider selection of people to play. I don’t believe it makes it easier as it’s always the player’s choice when to save.

More secrets, rewards – increases replay value and ‘addictive’ factor

More outfits – possibly accessed from the main menu rather than having to go to croft manor

Croft Manor – great fun in TRL – can this be expanded, more secrets etc in TR8?

No vehicles – or if included, better controls than in TRL

Keep Personal Light Source (PLS) - very useful (esp. as next generation graphics can render some environments quite dark)

Keep autograb feature - where Lara automatically grabs onto ledges and poles etc (after only pressing jump key). Much smoother and easier to control with autograb.

Thanks for the opportunity to contribute. Of all the above, I'd mostly like to see the unlimited saves option and autograb available in future games.

I'd say bigger levels and harder puzzles, but most important thing I'm looking forward is - more playable levels...

continue the AoD storyline, it ended on a cliffhanger and i hate those, i love the darker lara, kurtis FTW . more FMV's(makes it look more real). Uhmm, more NPCs(i.e The guide in the 2nd lvl of TR:LR) more action packed cutscenes, explosions, machine guns, bullets pinging off the walls, ya no what i mean. Hard enemies(SCARAB BEATLES FTW) and those guys at the end of alexandria(dont remember i think they were set's guards in the cutscene where she kneels down with the amulet of horus). So basically everything in TR:LR needs to come back, anniversary was so lame and fake, it just don't feel like tomb raider anymore, Oh and one more thing, make sure she is captured unconsious and gets stripped of her weps, i love that .
    Follow this advice for a global phenomenon

Page 20 of 20 FirstFirst ... 101617181920