Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: New Nvidia Drivers Available!

Well, I think you're lying... Gee, that's easy.

Have you installed the 1.1 patch as was mentioned above?

I'll check out that program tonight.

Here you go. But I'm sure since YOUR computer can't do it then that must mean I doctored the images.

Settings 1
    Settings 2
    Image 1
    Image 2
    Image 3
    Image 4
    Image 5
    Image 6
    Image 7
    Image 8
    Comparison
    Damn!!!!!!!

hmm..interesting, maybe this game plays better with 512mb vram? but if thats the case, yuck. the game isnt even that good looking to use 512mb vram. cod2 looks better than this, heck farcry looks better lol
    Proc: P4 540J Prescott 3.2GHz @ 3.84Ghz
    Mobo: Asus P5ND2-SLI NF4
    Ram: 1GB DDR2 PC-4200 [4-4-4-10]
    Grfx: EVGA 256MB GDDR3 7900GT CO @ 500core/1500mem
    HDD: WD 80GB SATA 7200rpm w/8mb cache
    Audio: Audigy 2ZS w/Logitech Z680
    Case: Aspire X-Discovery Mid-Tower ATX
    PSU: Enermax Whisper II 460W
    Coolers: Arctic Cooling Freezer 7 Pro

I have a 7800gt 1.1 pathc 84.43 drivers and I still have frame rates from 8 to 40 in next gen mode. What a hell..

for some reason i cant install this driver.setup & windows tells me it is not compatible with my current hardware.

but in the list for this driver,it has my video card in it as supported.

i have a nividia geforce fx go5200.

anything i can do about this???

i believe i have the same problems as u...it warned me nt to install the drivers cos it says my ge force 7800gtx is not recognised by windows xp which is utter nonsense!!my windows xp is original btw..it also say if i continue to install the patch,it may cause problems to my system immediately or in the future??

the funny thing is,on the drivers website,the g force 7800gtx n other low end cards r supported....its so confusing!

Try these EVGA Graphics card 84.56 drivers they have posted on there site. Here is a link to them. ftp://evga.com/Driver/8456XP2K.exe It's a little tough to get a connection because the server is so busy but it is possible to download them with this link. I found these by going to the guru3d forums. Guru3d now has them on their site for downloading as well. Here is a link http://www.guru3d.com/newsitem.php?id=3860 Oh, one more thing, anybody tried adjusting their cards using Rivatuner?

??

Quote Originally Posted by Nightmist
    I have a 7800 GTX (256 MB) and I don't have a problem with FPS.

There are a few things that needs improvements, particularly shadows, but I had no real problems.
    i am curious nightmist.what are your fps?I am asking because there are no fps mentioned in the screenshots that you uploaded.
    yet, what is your cpu??the reason i am asking is because we have the same card but i have a terrible problem with my fps (when the next-gen is activated). i tried to patch the game(thankfully invert axis worked) and the new beta drivers as well, but nothing happened.My fps are 20-25 which make the game unplayable. thanks in advance!!

wow!

Quote Originally Posted by JEmlay
    Here you go. But I'm sure since YOUR computer can't do it then that must mean I doctored the images.
    i am really impressed JEmlay.wow! are u having a FX-60 or something??how did u manage having that kind of fps?beacuse i don't think the memory size of the graphics card plays such a role here!good for you mate!!!

Quote Originally Posted by fiestaria
    i am really impressed JEmlay.wow! are u having a FX-60 or something??how did u manage having that kind of fps?beacuse i don't think the memory size of the graphics card plays such a role here!good for you mate!!!
    I looked at his screens, I get pretty much the same speeds throughout. Some areas I've even hit 70-100 FPS (usually when looking toward a wall, for example). Really, really wide angle shots can drop to 30 or so but rarely less than that. In Next Gen Mode of course.

My system is an OC'd Clawhammer Athlon 64 4000+ @ 2.5 GHz on a DFI NF4 Ultra D. FSB @ 250 MHz. 2 GB of G.Skill DDR500 RAM at 250 MHz also (1:1 divider), 3-4-4-8, 1T, Bank Interleave, dual channel all working. I put the 2 GB in at the same time I upgraded to an XFX GeForce 7900GT/256 MB. Clock is 520 MHz and 750 MHz RAM (I think - whatever stock is for that card.) I also have four 80 GB Hitachi 7K80 drives (very good, about 15% slower than Raptors) striped together with RAID-0 for retardedly fast hard drive performance. Next Gen Mode still has problems with lag spikes. Playing a laggy part again right away seems to be faster due to caching.

With 1 GB of RAM and my older GeForce 6800 Ultra, FPS in next gen mode was about 10-15 at best, completely unplayable. I'm sure it's the video card more than the RAM, the RAM might help the smoothness a little. The beta drivers didn't help my 6800 Ultra much, but seemed to have some slightly noticable improvement on the new hardware.

It's unfortunate that y'all beat up Crystal Dynamics and Eidos for putting in Next Generation technology that doesn't work on any modern system. It's called Next Generation for a reason, it's not there to be played, unless you live in the next generation. Currently the only way I know to do that is with extremely expensive SLI systems and top of the line chips that are obscenely overclocked. However, I will add, I'll bet that the current version (1.1) still has lag spikes even 5 years from now, as some of the spikes seem to be software based that no hardware can solve.

Quote Originally Posted by Neoed
    Try these EVGA Graphics card 84.56 drivers they have posted on there site. Here is a link to them. ftp://evga.com/Driver/8456XP2K.exe It's a little tough to get a connection because the server is so busy but it is possible to download them with this link. I found these by going to the guru3d forums. Guru3d now has them on their site for downloading as well. Here is a link http://www.guru3d.com/newsitem.php?id=3860 Oh, one more thing, anybody tried adjusting their cards using Rivatuner?
    Neoed THANK YOU THANK YOU NexGen is much better, now. Also, got an extra 35 points on 3DMark05 benchie.

Quote Originally Posted by Nightmist
    I have a 7800 GTX (256 MB) and I don't have a problem with FPS.
    There are a few things that needs improvements, particularly shadows, but I had no real problems.
    Did you change any thing in Nvidia display configuration?
    What is driver version?

I found some thing strength on my Athlon64 X2 4400@2.5Ghz, 2GB RAM, 7800GTX SLI with 84.21 driver.
    First time with "Next gen. cont" ON Image look nice with bad frame rate,
    So, with 1.1 patch system become better in frame rate.
    But then I repaly with new game, Quality and frame rate become worsen
    I can't remember what I'm done with my system.
    Lara look nicer with "Next gen. cont" Off (comparing on the fly by changing "Next gen" ON/OFF at same place, forexample in the room while rolling a big sphere as a mac. gun obstacle)
    Now, I have to play with "Next gen" OFF, Deep of field OFF,
    Some think wrong after I strat replay a new game.

ForceWare Release 80 Version: 84.21 Release Date: March 17, 2006
    To answer you question, I used coolbits to over clock my video card in Nvidia display configuration. To tell you the truth, I have done so much optimizing to my PC I couldn’t begin to answer that your question in full. I am quite sure I have my system set at performance not high quality. I uninstalled the 1.1 patch and re-installed Legend (not deleting save games of course) I had zero problems with Legend, until installing that patch.

Also, I am using the newest nForce4 AMD 6.70 driver for my MB

Thanks, difiant9
    So fast reply what time there?
    To night I will restall and try to tune up my comp follow your mention.
    Yesterday I use "System requirement lab" (http://www.systemrequirementslab.com/referrer/srtest) verify my system,
    On Optimum tab it mention that not sufficient VRAM (some thing like that) So, I looking for 7900GTX 512BM (SLI) (~$1,230 at my country) that not sure it will give much different than I have now (7800GTX 256MB SLI).
    Anyway I will tune up my existing frist.
    One thing, Legend not support dual core right?

Quote Originally Posted by Tockygame
    One thing, Legend not support dual core right?
    no, unfortunately it doesn't. u can set affinity to 1 but i don't think this would help a lot.cheers

Some body posted

"In the meantime, start Tomb Raider Legend, once at the menu screen press Alt+Tab to minimize the window to the windows desktop,
    and press Ctrl+Alt+Delete. In the task manager pane, right click on the "trl.exe" and go to "set priority", chose "Normal".
    Return to the game and the problem should be fixed.
    If this still doesn't work, try setting the priority to"AboveNormal" using the same method as above."

These were posted in another thread on this site. Just thought I would re-post it here just in case some of you don't happen to find it. NEW Nvidia drivers from their ftp site. You can dopwnload these from http://www.gur3d.com Her is a link to them as well. http://downloads.guru3d.com/download.php?det=1402 They are version 91.28. I'm downloading them now.

Quote Originally Posted by Neoed
    These were posted in another thread on this site. Just thought I would re-post it here just in case some of you don't happen to find it. NEW Nvidia drivers from their ftp site. You can dopwnload these from http://www.gur3d.com Her is a link to them as well. http://downloads.guru3d.com/download.php?det=1402 They are version 91.28. I'm downloading them now.
    Already try, but my nVidia configuration is gone from right click menu after completed installation, I can't configure some properties, so stay on 84.21 with Next gen cont OFF

Uhmmm.
    Hello:

I have problems with Geforce Go 7800GTX (256), is unplayable....
    also have geforce 6800 ultra (AMD 2200+, 512 RAM) and try with beta driver nvidia (lastest 91.28) and some problems may be solved fps (running on next gen) 30 - 35 fps aprox (lag some times but it not a high end machine)

Greetings

sorry for my bad english...

The new 1.2 patch fixes it up brilliantly... even on my card, which is just an AGP 6800GT

same sheat

Thumbs Up

Quote Originally Posted by Tn-1
    The new 1.2 patch fixes it up brilliantly... even on my card, which is just an AGP 6800GT

I agree. It done the same for me. I have a Agp 6800gt also. Plays much, much better. Finally. I did have to switch back to the 84.56 drivers from the 91.28 though. Oh, well.

does this driver works with every nvidia video cards? including an nvidia geforce fx 5700?

Quote Originally Posted by Chojol
    does this driver works with every nvidia video cards? including an nvidia geforce fx 5700?
    The 91.28 driver supports the FX 5700 but the 84.56 driver I have does not. There are more new drivers from Nvidia available in their beta section. They are the 91.31 drivers. Here's the link: http://www.nzone.com/object/nzone_do...bit_91.31.html These also support the FX 5700.

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast