Thread: Editor for TRL Planned?

Editor for TRL Planned?

Just wondering if they are planning such a thing maybe?
    It would do the game a lot of good and make it more popular if ppl could fiddle around with an editor make their own stuff, maybe recreate the old TR games with the new graphics.

I wonder if someone who made this game actually reads these forums too

maybe anyone with contacts ask for it?

speakig as a console player nto a PC player i've always felt when this opccure din othe rTR games, that it was snubbing the console fans, liek rewarding Pc players, whiel giving jack to the consolers.

So not i do not think level editors, is a good thing, as it at least in current gen, maybe in next gen it will be cool, as PS3 and 360 can downlaod online, but right now for this game, its simply not right, or fair, to have editors for one lot of fans, but leaving the others in the cold.

beccaxx

Quote Originally Posted by natish
    Just wondering if they are planning such a thing maybe?
    It would do the game a lot of good and make it more popular if ppl could fiddle around with an editor make their own stuff, maybe recreate the old TR games with the new graphics.

I wonder if someone who made this game actually reads these forums too

maybe anyone with contacts ask for it?
    It would be good because most people would of finished legend in a day or two (like me) and it will give the game some purpose instead of it being traded in for something else. doubt it would happen though

i wonder what dhama's opinion on this is
    "Adults are just obsolete children, and to hell with them" - Dr. Seuss

Quote Originally Posted by munchkin
    speakig as a console player nto a PC player i've always felt when this opccure din othe rTR games, that it was snubbing the console fans, liek rewarding Pc players, whiel giving jack to the consolers.

So not i do not think level editors, is a good thing, as it at least in current gen, maybe in next gen it will be cool, as PS3 and 360 can downlaod online, but right now for this game, its simply not right, or fair, to have editors for one lot of fans, but leaving the others in the cold.

beccaxx
    PC players should not have to suffer just because we are smart enough to invest our money in our computers instead of wasting it on consoles. Really, the X-Box 360 and the PS3 combined could not keep up with my PC!

Also, Playstation are not going to be implanted in our brains, so quit dreaming.

Quote Originally Posted by Allek
    PC players should not have to suffer just because we are smart enough to invest our money in our computers instead of wasting it on consoles. Really, the X-Box 360 and the PS3 combined could not keep up with my PC!

Also, Playstation are not going to be implanted in our brains, so quit dreaming.
    My sentiment exactly. You consolers do a fine line in rubbing PC gamers noses in it when we get bugs and glitches because of the difference in specifications. Not to mention that the next gen graphics were optimised for console and the game ported to PC, sounds to me like they are rewarding the consolers and punishing us poor PC gamers. I hope people realise I am being ironic here, you bought a console that was your decision to play the game that way, why then should PC gamers be limited by the folks who bought consoles. This probably won't happen, but your argument as to why it definately shouldn't happen is short sighted and well basicly it's nonsense. Buy a PC if it bothers you that much, seriously you will get used to having more than 1 button to bash eventualy.

A TRL editor...

would be a great idea. I remember trying to make a level of my own a looong while back and it was good fun, even though i never got it finished. It would breathe a bit of life back into the game for those people who were so dissapointed and let down by Legend, and give them something to do while they wait for the next installment. However, if Eidos or CD refuse to release one it wont be to keep console-goers happy, they'll have their own reason for it.

That said, PC gamers who snub those that own a console and try to look down on them, thinking they are the superior to console gamers, need to take a look at themselves and realise that next generation machines are gonna keep on coming, getting bigger, better and faster than ever before, whether they like it or not. There's no doubt PC's will do the same, but one, is not better than the other. Consoles aren't a fresh breeze blowing through town, they've been around for a long time and are built for gaming.

Im personally a lover of both the PC and Console. Being a true gaming fan, i can see the advantages and disadvantages of both machines. It annoys me when people think they are better than someone else because they have a superior computer. If you're a true fan of games in general, you'd respect both parties.

(rant aimed at a general audience, no one in particular)

Marklar

I don't think there'll ever be a TRL editor. These are preofessional dynamic 3D expertly modelled levels, not just humble grids... Of course, an editor would be possible, bit OOH MOMMA are we talking complex or what?

We can always dream, I suppose!

Peace
    Blessed is the man who sells his soul to the devil and the cheque bounces...

Cool

It doesn't matter if it's complex, I prefer building to playing anyway. And if it took 5 years to produce a mini adventure, doing it by myself, then that's ok too.

I am thoroughly entertained by the editor, and I guess thére must be other that feel the same way.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

hey, if complex and long-term floats your boat then fair play! Me, I'd go loopy in minutes. I'm a man, I don't read instruction manuals if I can help it, if I can't install it and use it immediately then I don't use it at all.

Fellow men, you know it's true!!!

Wink

Quote Originally Posted by RebeL_fARmeR
    hey, if complex and long-term floats your boat then fair play! Me, I'd go loopy in minutes. I'm a man, I don't read instruction manuals if I can help it, if I can't install it and use it immediately then I don't use it at all.

Fellow men, you know it's true!!!
    Thats why there are builders and there are players.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Here's the deal, you build the levels, I'll play 'em, then we're all happy! I've got your back on this one, need anything, you'll find me in bed!

- Segnior Lazybones