Thread: CSF patches (v1.2)

CSF patches (v1.2)

Exclamation CSF patches (v1.2)

Eidos has released two patches for the game, bringing the game to version 1.2.

There is a patch for players with Xi-fi soundcards and one for those without, head over here to grab them.

X-Fi supported patch (Please do not install this patch if you do not have an X-Fi enabled soundcard).

This patch contains…

Support for Creative X-Fi enabled sound cards.

Support for Logitech® Cordless Desktop® MX™ 5000 Laser keyboard

A fix for a multiplayer animation bug. When viewing other player characters the animation can be found to be aiming in the wrong direction.

A fix for an error that can appear in statistics.

Other small fixes throughout the game.

Standard Patch

This patch contains…

Support for Logitech® Cordless Desktop® MX™ 5000 Laser keyboard.

A fix for a multiplayer animation bug. When viewing other player characters the animation can be found to be aiming in the wrong direction.

A fix for an error that can appear in statistics.

Other small fixes throughout the game.

Patch ? lol !! real patch fix the game !! but this patch dont fix anything !! multiplayer not fixed !! lol .... very good keep this work !! MAKE A GOOD PATCH FIX ALL THE BUGS.... like the multiplayer bug !
    To help you // to make you happy :)

So there are still no fix for the worst pings ever ingame.. Well okay only the game BREED from CDV had this and what i know it was sold as budget 2weeks after release.

PLEASE fix the multiplayer its good fun. But without options for kicking players or the ping issue its not going to be popular. And PLEASE where is dedicated server so i can host game without the need of to have whole game running.
    Signed.
    SCooBY.4ever

I think they just wanted to fix the most important bugs first, before releasing a patch that fixes all of the other bugs. Bad ping sucks but I don't think they can do much about it since it's because of the player's connection hosting the game. I don't have experienced any problems with bad pings though, game always runs smoothly online.

Originally Posted by sick
    I think they just wanted to fix the most important bugs first, before releasing a patch that fixes all of the other bugs. Bad ping sucks but I don't think they can do much about it since it's because of the player's connection hosting the game. I don't have experienced any problems with bad pings though, game always runs smoothly online.
    I can also play rather smoth but with people complaining and leaving my server because of there high pings and lags. I feel that there is no point running a server. Do note I LOVE THE GAME but i want players to play it with to.

btw.
    Thanx for the informational post. Are you working with them or getting news from them? If so please forward the importance of dedicated server and kick options.
    Signed.
    SCooBY.4ever

Nope, not working with them. Just having some connections there, but what I said was a complete guess... actually it's not since it's stated in the manual that they were working on a patch for X-Fi soundcards.
    Anyway, the devs read this forum once in a while so don't worry, they will sure find out about the high ping issues.

Another thing; it's funny that they included a file to fix some stuff in the credits screen, since they forgot to include another file that tells the game to read files in the game directory first and then the files in the .pak files. Now the game simply ignores \Menus\CData.txt.

X-Fi fixed!?!?

Hi. Anyone else installed the patch and STILL have the X-Fi option greyed out? My X-Fi works fine in other games (ie. Battlefield 2). Any help / comments would be welcome. Thanks.

same here... the x-fi patch didn't enable the x-fi option, and also removed the sound output option... now I can't choose dolby digital, or surround, or stereo...

and I read in other forums the same problem.

Same problem here. I give up.

X-Fi patch?. Is this a joke?. Have you actually tested it?. I'm still waiting to see a single X-Fi user which has been able to enable X-Fi mode before or after installing the patch. C'mon Eidos, what's going on?

same here, no x-fi and continuous kick outs.

a

No X-Fi for me either (although I do have sound). Still can't select the X-Fi option.

Have Pyro/Eidos actually tested the patch themselves?

Originally Posted by ElGringo
    No X-Fi for me either (although I do have sound). Still can't select the X-Fi option.

Have Pyro/Eidos actually tested the patch themselves?
    I sincerely doubt they have actually tested the patch. This so-called "patch" only seems to install the OpenAL runtime libraries which are already included in the X-Fi drivers.

Patch was released 11 days ago. Any official word about X-Fi support yet?. Why this silence from Eidos?. I think we deserve an answer, we have paid some euros for this game

Is there anybody out there? Admins? Moderators? Any word about what the hell is happening with X-Fi support?

Sad

Well this is sad.... no patch's for so long this is very sad... going to uninstall this game and ask myself why did I spend 40€ for it...

X-Fi still not working folks!

Okay, so I'm not worried about the sound. I bought the Commandos Collection because I played the original in high school. The problem I'm having is that the version of CSF that was included on the DVD doesn't have the multiplayer option. I know there are ways to play the game through Tunngle and some other type of service that lets your computer act as the host instead of relying on a web server. Anyway, my version of the game, even after updating to the 1.2 patch, doesn't have the second option on the opening screen for online play. There's "Commandos Campaign" and then a space for the deleted option and then it goes to "Settings" "Credits" and "Exit Game". How do I get that second option so that I can play this with people I know through Tunngle?