Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast

Thread: **The "I just sold my copy of TRL" Thread**

**The "I just sold my copy of TRL" Thread**

I just sold my copy for 10 euros, no joke.

I had bought it for 39 euros almost a week before it was in the stores because we have a store and almost 2 dozen copies arrived for sale, so I bought one for myself.

Played it and did like a lot the parts in Ghana and Nepal (especially), very awesome but it took me 12 hours to get on 97% on the first try....and I was not rushing, I was looking for all secrets, trying to explore (and there was not much to explore, you are not even allowed to go through certain areas while you obviously can, there is an invisible wall), I was playing in the most difficult setting with the voices off (turn off in options-voices), never used the binoculars etc etc etc.

The next day I also found the other secrets and finished some of the other time trials that I had no time to do the other day, unlocking everything and finito, done. I knew I would never touch the game again, what is the point in doing the same easy, short, limiting game again with a white suit? Or with cheats to make it even easier and shorter

I sold it for 10 euros because that is EXACTLY how much I believe it is worth
    And I also told the girl who bought it from me that it was a short and easy game, so she had the right impression of it.....unlike me who bought it thinking it was huge and challenging.

Very disappointed customer and TR fan who will now go back playing TR 1 to 4 which have quality AND quantity

Quote Originally Posted by lllll
    I just sold my copy for 10 euros, no joke.

I had bought it for 39 euros almost a week before it was in the stores because we have a store and almost 2 dozen copies arrived for sale, so I bought one for myself.

Played it and did like a lot the parts in Ghana and Nepal (especially), very awesome but it took me 12 hours to get on 97% on the first try....and I was not rushing, I was looking for all secrets, trying to explore (and there was not much to explore, you are not even allowed to go through certain areas while you obviously can, there is an invisible wall), I was playing in the most difficult setting with the voices off (turn off in options-voices), never used the binoculars etc etc etc.

The next day I also found the other secrets and finished some of the other time trials that I had no time to do the other day, unlocking everything and finito, done. I knew I would never touch the game again, what is the point in doing the same easy, short, limiting game again with a white suit? Or with cheats to make it even easier and shorter

I sold it for 10 euros because that is EXACTLY how much I believe it is worth
    And I also told the girl who bought it from me that it was a short and easy game, so she had the right impression of it.....unlike me who bought it thinking it was huge and challenging.

Very disappointed customer and TR fan who will now go back playing TR 1 to 4 which have quality AND quantity
    Obviously a lot of people didn't do their research. When investing in such an expensive game, people should do their research. I've read many many times that the game was only 6-8 hours and that was three months ago! I've been ready for this myself. So maybe people should do their research first.

Quote Originally Posted by Legend
    Obviously a lot of people didn't do their research. When investing in such an expensive game, people should do their research. I've read many many times that the game was only 6-8 hours and that was three months ago! I've been ready for this myself. So maybe people should do their research first.
    They said clearly if you rushed through it without caring for secrets, 9-12 hours...I played it slow finding everything and did 12 hours.

It wasn't just the length btw

Hey!!! Thats bad..you don't know how I feel reading all this and CD started out so well.My heart goes out to them.They tried.... really they did.Do u know the work they put into this game, the publicity,animations?I could go on...if u like.. selling urs was ur own decision but I am gonna get mine and KEEP IT!!!!!!

Melviso, I am not saying you shouldn't buy, like I said there are parts in it that ARE awesome so you will enjoy

They said clearly if you rushed through it without caring for secrets, 9-12 hours...I played it slow finding everything and did 12 hours.

It wasn't just the length btw
    Yes, I've read the other complaints. I'm not sure what I'm trying to prove. I'm not out to save the world or something. I just want people to be happy for what they have. Buy Legend and enjoy it and that will proceed to another and another game! Just be happy!

i wish u had sold it to me! i would have payed $11.00 instead of the 60 ill have to shell out. lol

Quote Originally Posted by David 070
    i wish u had sold it to me! i would have payed $11.00 instead of the 60 ill have to shell out. lol

The girl really really wanted it and she was cute so

Melviso, I am not saying you shouldn't buy, like I said there are parts in it that ARE awesome so you will enjoy

I know, but my hopes were high when I decided to visit the forums some few hours back.I was expecting to see threads saying the game was awesome, the best game ever,stuff like that after what happened to Aod!! Hump!!!!Maybe they need to go back to the drawing board and ....... !!!!

I don't get it... I love this game.
    Never fallen from light, born in shadow from the beginning...

Quote Originally Posted by storm shadow
    I don't get it... I love this game.
    You can, it seems there are now 2 camps when I read all over internet on different forums:

One camp thinks it is the best TR ever, the other camp thinks it is a scam. The amount of people who are in the last camp is a lot larger than the first camp, it seems but maybe that's because we post more, I don't know.

I think a lot of people will really enjoy this game but not proceed to register on the forums and become active in a Tomb Raider community. Do you join a forum for every single movie you enjoy? I doubt it so I think that rolls over into this. But hey, whether people like it or not, Eidos and Crystal Dynamics are going to be shovelling the money in. I suppose it's a success no matter what. Here's hoping for Tomb Raider 8 *crosses fingers*.

That's the one thing we agree on, crossing our fingers for TR8, I haven't given up hope on my Lara

You can, it seems there are now 2 camps when I read all over internet on different forums:

One camp thinks it is the best TR ever, the other camp thinks it is a scam. The amount of people who are in the last camp is a lot larger than the first camp, it seems but maybe that's because we post more, I don't know.
    That's a key and interesting point. This is true in all human group interaction, those who feel most strongly about a thing, for good or ill, set the tone of discussion for the vast majority who don't feel as strongly one way or another. This is how vocal ideological minorities sieze complete power in large countries, for example. What it means in game world terms, who knows?

I haven't played Tomb Raider Legend myself yet, I am sure that the length is short and is a dissapointment. So now that they have created everything and have become familiar with the new engines, hopefully they will make a larger and longer Tomb Raider 8.

Quote Originally Posted by John Carter
    That's a key and interesting point. This is true in all human group interaction, those who feel most strongly about a thing, for good or ill, set the tone of discussion for the vast majority who don't feel as strongly one way or another. This is how vocal ideological minorities sieze complete power in large countries, for example. What it means in game world terms, who knows?
    It means doing market research for your games development based solely on forum comments is very risky (if not practically valueless) in terms of truly understanding the market. But, alternatively, you always know which way the fanatics are thinking, lol.

John and Susan, that is very perceptive. It is exactly like that and I see that too, the "polarisation" that goes on in pretty much every area in life these days, from the smallest to the biggest. Neither side is right, the more moderates on both sides come closer to what is right, but still not right too.

It should not be like that, but it is

*yawn* lets get these threads out of the way quickly so we can get on to more pressing matters...when's the next tomb raider coming out lol

Quote Originally Posted by Verios
    *yawn* lets get these threads out of the way quickly so we can get on to more pressing matters...when's the next tomb raider coming out lol
    That was an intelligent post, thanks for putting it here, you did mankind a huge favor.

It's a fact that if something is good the people who don't need to argue don't argue! The people who don't think it's good are always in bigger numbers!
    Never fallen from light, born in shadow from the beginning...

Quote Originally Posted by John Carter
    John as always with his powerful literature skills *shaking hands*... Well said, John!

i think they spended too much time on the graphics and looks of the game instead of the quantity and legnth.

i was positive and 100% sure that i was going to go the first day and buy it....... but now im thinking twice after reading alll the 6-8 hours gameplay threads

i think this place is full of size queens personally

Quote Originally Posted by Verios
    I think this post unintentionally speaks volumes about TRL...

The game just barely hit store shelves, has 2 more days before it arrives in some places...and we're already done with it, and moving on. So, in short, before it is even widely available, everyone is done with it. Not much of a splash made by such a high caliber series.

Quote Originally Posted by Denny33142
    i think they spended too much time on the graphics and looks of the game instead of the quantity and legnth.

i was positive and 100% sure that i was going to go the first day and buy it....... but now im thinking twice after reading alll the 6-8 hours gameplay threads

Length of a game does not indicate its quality.

Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast