Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
Results 51 to 75 of 77

Thread: **The "I just sold my copy of TRL" Thread**

  1. #51

    Wink

    Quote Originally Posted by midroth
    At the other hand, if I see here the ratings...
    Like I said elsewhere, let's not confuse a loud few with majority.

    The game is not perfect. I agree. I hope there are things they change for the next installment. But it is a very enjoyable game. I am at it for 31 hours now and I love it and do not regret my pre-order. And I have been swearing at Lara, just like in all the other Tomb Raider games. I pressed the darn walk button!!!!! ... remember?

  2. #52
    Jesus, wait up people!! I haven't read everything in this thread but just enough to understand what's going on.

    Are you telling me the game is so short you can complete it within 10 hours time? And that's what I've been waiting for many months? And that's what they worked on for many months? This is ridiculous, I come here to read some *early* impressions about the game and I find that you're rating it already, after having completed. It all sounds like a stupid April joke or at least I want to believe this is a bad nightmare.

    Uh, again the damn money. It's like with NFS. Why make a somewhat "realistic" physics if you can make it with super eye candy graphics, liniar physics so that even a girl could control it at 200 MPH and have people buying it because more people will be able to play it. It's like pop music - for the majority. Wanna be famous - sing pop stuff. Wanna play the music you love and which is closer to your heart - do it in underground bars and have yourself never appear on TV or even radio. Same with TRL I guess. Why make it long and too complicated, puzzles and stuff right, if that pushes away the ponential customers. But let me say this. EVERYBODY knows a game called Tomb Raider. EVERYBODY knows who Lara Croft is. What does that mean? Why does this newest installment is called "Legend"? Legend means someone who's been known for years, decades. That means that we have a huge community, I mean really huge, many followers, we've been through fire and water with Lara. They have enough customers already. We'll always support them, just bring us a new quality game to play for at least a week, gosh! (without playing 10 hours a day of course). We expect more, we don't expect no arcade resemblance of TR. We await every new advanture to be more exciting than the previous. What is the point in all the graphics/dynamics/best voices if the gameplay is straightforward and hence boring. On top of that it's short. Argh I hate short games. I love long games ... Mafia, GTA San Andreas... Now I know what I moved to sim racing games - cause I'm playing the same game for 5th year in a row and still have high interest in it

    Bad news, where's my Core Design...
    Oleg

    AOL Instant Messenger: TheMask374
    MSN Instant Messenger: themask374@hotmail.com
    ICQ#: 162300604 NickName: TheMask374
    Yahoo! ID: TheMask374

  3. #53

    Cool

    It may be a bit short for some people (I got 31 hours of gameplay out of it so far), but most people seem to like it very much. Check out midroth's poll.

    What amazes me most is that some people have wasted more time ranting on this forum than actually playing the game. Well, if they want to, they can.

  4. #54

    Thumbs Down

    I'm really surprised that some of you have got nothing better to do than making one thread after another that always contain the same old moans.

    Okay, you didn't like the game.
    You finished it in 5 hours.
    You even sold it.
    Great for you.

    Now spare us the whining and move on like you state all the time.
    If the game is really that bad, then why do you still spend ages posting in a forum that was made for fans of the series?

    If I don't like a product and want to be taken seriously, I make ONE post about what I didn't like and then MOVE ON. Anything else is nothing but immature babble. Or why do you still spend so much time in a forum of a game that is CRAP in your opinion?
    Nobody is interested in it.

  5. #55
    Short games are disappointing, especially when you pay full price for them but I'm not really too bothered by that. I've played short games before, it's disappointing when they finish so soon but it's not that annoying. With this game it's the fact that I like Tomb Raider and it will be at least a year before a sequel is released. I was really excited about this game, yet within the space of a few days I have played through it all 3 times and am already waiting for the next game. I will play this again though, and luckily I have other TR games that I haven't played through yet.

  6. #56
    Are you calling yourself a fan FrozenFire? Registered Apr 2006. And you never moan and of course the most mature among us all. I've been here since 2000 and was playing TR since first TR came out. Yes I did rant, but why can't I, I expected a long game or at least longer and harder than it is. That unfortunately isn't so, so I'm disappointed... yes already.

    GoranAgar,
    I will still try it though, but I won't have much fun knowing I can complete it within a day if I want to... That's deep in mind if you understand what I mean.

    See, here's why rants are good too. If you don't say anything - nothing will change. That's what FEEDBACK is for. If people moan, that's for a good reason. It means something needs changed / made. I create software. Do it for a living too. But some of it which I do in my free time I release as freeware. I expect feedback, good or bad, feedback includes mentioning bugs. How can I know if there's a bug if everybody keeps silent as if all is OK. Quite opposite, I'm disappointed when after a year of release I'm told there's a bug. I always wonder why has nobody spent a minute writing a mail to me telling about the problem... Or how can I know what features people want if nobody says anything. Or how can I know this or that is inconvinient if they don't tell me?

    Oleg

    AOL Instant Messenger: TheMask374
    MSN Instant Messenger: themask374@hotmail.com
    ICQ#: 162300604 NickName: TheMask374
    Yahoo! ID: TheMask374

  7. #57
    I really got disapointed with this game.
    Besides being really short, it just doesn't feel like a Tomb Raider game anymore, it just feels like an imitation of Prince of Persia.

    Don't get me wrong, the game is really cool, but it is just too much different from previous Tomb Raiders.

    The first TR game I played was TR3 on PC when I was 10, and it took me 3 months to beat the game. I really enjoyed the puzzles, the gun fights, the traps, everything.

    Then I played TR4 on the PlayStation, and although the game didn't feel as good as TR3, it was still addictive, had good puzzles, and all. It still took me more than one month to beat the game.

    Chronicles came out and I really loved the change of envionments. The levels were grouped in separate episodes and because of that there was no true story in the game, but I just loved the VCI and the young Lara levels. The game took me a month to beat.

    After many delays, Tomb Raider AOD finally came out on PS2. This was really buggy (I still can't forget the way I would dye instantly when running towards the dog in the first level), and the game was a big change in the series, because the improved graphics meant the end of the block based moves. Most people didn't like the game, but I think that if Core had the time and resources, they would have been able to do a great game, instead of an average and unfinished game. I liked the story and Lara still felt the same Lara, most levels were still big, some puzzles were challenging, but there was a little tendence to make the game easyer and more accessible to non TR fans, which sucks, and the enviroments, well, too much Paris, a little tomb in an exotic country wouldn't be bad. It took me 2 weeks to beat the game.

    When I bought a N-Gage I also bought the first TR game, and it really felt strange playing a TR game that didn't have the moves from the games I played previously, but I really enjoyed it. The environments were huge sometimes, the puzzles were challenging, and the usual trial and error platforming was there. Took me a month to beat.

    Tomb Raider Legend, well, the first thing I noticed was the voice on the other side all the time, Lara wasn't a lonely raider no more, then, when I started climbing I noticed that Lara would move exactly the same way you move in Prince of Persia, the environments were really small and straightforward, no room for finding another way of getting from point A to point B. I was used to spending an entire day trying to beat the levels from previous TR games, but I started playing TRL at 10PM, and by midnight I was already in Ghana, by the next day, I had the game beat. Considering I was used to taking more than a month to beat a TR game, this was a major let down. The problem of this game is that the environments are too small, not very open, with no alternate ways, with too easy puzzles based only on putting something heavy on a pad, and the platforming part is too much based on climbing and pole riding, besides, it's too obvious what you have too climb to get to where you want, because there will only be climbable stuff where you'll need them, so, there is no need to explore, you just need to find something climbable and as soon as you'll find, just jump to the other wall cracks and poles near it, because there is no other way. For you to get an idea, the most chalenging part of the game, was getting all the artifacts in the gim at the Croft Manor. Another thing that makes this game too easy, is that that controls are too much automatic, like, you won't need to grab anything, because Lara will do it automaticaly. There is a crawl animation, but you will only need it to avoid some traps.

    I won't sell the game, but I just think TR was better of with Core Design rather than CD

  8. #58
    Quote Originally Posted by TheMask
    I will still try it though, but I won't have much fun knowing I can complete it within a day if I want to... That's deep in mind if you understand what I mean.
    You should never do anything you know you won't enjoy. Do yourself and us the favour.

  9. #59
    Hmm? What is it to you?

    I tried the demo, I enjoyed it. So I'm going to try the full game. Consider I had a spoiler. For instance, if you were told about a great movie, and they gave you a spoiler, would you not watch the movie anyway?
    Oleg

    AOL Instant Messenger: TheMask374
    MSN Instant Messenger: themask374@hotmail.com
    ICQ#: 162300604 NickName: TheMask374
    Yahoo! ID: TheMask374

  10. #60

    Wink

    I'm usually the first to rant about Eidos products that don't live up to expectations, and as yet I haven't played the full game, only the demo.
    I'm impressed with what I saw, and lack of playtime hours won't stop me getting the full game eventually, in fact I refuse to buy even a second hand copy, I want a brand new copy.

    TRC was short in my opinion, but it did still enjoy it, and the fact that a level editor was included with it, increase the longevity of the game... by 5 years!! and still going strong.

    No after asking Morgan Gray of CD about the possibility of a Legend editor, he said nothing planned but never say no the inclusion of such an addon would thrill me no end even though it would probably take me another five years just to make one level, that wouldn't bother me in the least.

    But as for the shortage of gameplay in Legend.... Eidos please suply us with a level editor so we can continue to enjoy lLegend till the next TR comes out..... and beyond.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

  11. #61
    Tomb Raider Chronicles has a level editor?

    Is it any good? Is it simple to use? Can you actually make pretty good and large levels with it?

  12. #62

    Big Grin

    Quote Originally Posted by -Dizzy-
    Tomb Raider Chronicles has a level editor?

    Is it any good? Is it simple to use? Can you actually make pretty good and large levels with it?
    Yes it is good, and you can make levels with just a little practise. There are many tutorials and somewhere in the region of 2,500 custom levels out there to download... some here http://www.trle.net/

    or visit our level editor forum... it's the one labled 'Level Editor'
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

  13. #63

    Big Grin

    Quote Originally Posted by GoranAgar
    And I have been swearing at Lara, just like in all the other Tomb Raider games. I pressed the darn walk button!!!!! ... remember?
    LOL! I said that in another thread!
    "Ignorant people think it's the noise which fighting cats make that is so aggravating, but it ain't so; it's the sickening grammar they use. --Mark Twain"

  14. #64

    Wink

    Quote Originally Posted by LaraAngelOfDarkness
    Length of a game does not indicate its quality.
    I agree! ICO anyone?

  15. #65
    Quote Originally Posted by TheMask
    Are you calling yourself a fan FrozenFire? Registered Apr 2006. And you never moan and of course the most mature among us all. I've been here since 2000 and was playing TR since first TR came out. Yes I did rant, but why can't I, I expected a long game or at least longer and harder than it is. That unfortunately isn't so, so I'm disappointed... yes already.


    First of all, I wasn't talking about you in particular.
    Second, I never questioned that you should voice your opinion about the game, but is it really necessary to repeat the same criticism a hundred times over and over again in countless threads?

    I didn't say anything against the thread about what people liked and disliked. That's what actually helps the developers to make things better.
    But absolutely nobody's interested in a "I just sold TRL" thread!

    That's no longer constructive criticism, it's spamming!

    And yes, I am calling myself a fan. Tomb Raider 1 was my first compuer game.
    You're not the only one who owns every part of the series. And since you don't believe I'm a fan, I'd like to add that I own both TR movies on DVD, over a dozen of TR comics, all official game guides and a nice Lara statue that stands on my desk.
    I released a level made with the editor in 2004, made countless fanarts and have over 500 posts in two different German Tomb Raider forums.
    So stop judging other people by their registration date in this forum.
    Seeing how "friendly" this forum is, I had better not registered at all - because all I wanted was helping one guy with a technical problem and asking a question about the requirements of the game.

  16. #66

    Cool

    Quote Originally Posted by FrozenFire
    and have over 500 posts in two different German Tomb Raider forums.
    Is the German Eidos forum one of them?

  17. #67

    Smile

    Quote Originally Posted by FrozenFire
    Seeing how "friendly" this forum is, I had better not registered at all - because all I wanted was helping one guy with a technical problem and asking a question about the requirements of the game.
    Don't let a few people put you off. This is in fact the most friendly public forum I have seen. Except during the launch of a new TR game. Then people act up all over the place. Try not to take it to heart. The real community here is usually very pleasant.
    "Ignorant people think it's the noise which fighting cats make that is so aggravating, but it ain't so; it's the sickening grammar they use. --Mark Twain"

  18. #68
    This forum is one of the best and most friendliest I've ever known. Too bad you don't know it too well. You should have started with official forums

    Actually, I always thought that official forums are the ones with the largest community, but I've seen a lot of stuff through the years, and I can say it's not so. By far fan based, or basically, 3rd party forums may outrun the official forums.

    This, however, is not the case with TR. The community here is very friednly, at least, from what I know/remeber. It's just that I'm no longer a frequenter here and I just happen to come from a not so friendly community. That has probably affected me cause it's much harder to be there than to be here. My rant was just about the game and nobody in particular. I expressed my own opinion. Please respect it Whereas you, in turn, expressed opinion about all us, without even knowing us. I was wrong when I thought you were not a fan, you are wrong saying this forum is not friendly

    So, as you can see, we don't know each other. Please enjoy your stay, mate, so we can get to know one another
    Oleg

    AOL Instant Messenger: TheMask374
    MSN Instant Messenger: themask374@hotmail.com
    ICQ#: 162300604 NickName: TheMask374
    Yahoo! ID: TheMask374

  19. #69
    Join Date
    Mar 2006
    Posts
    228
    Quote Originally Posted by GoranAgar

    What amazes me most is that some people have wasted more time ranting on this forum than actually playing the game.
    Because the game is THAT short, already sold

  20. #70
    Join Date
    Mar 2006
    Posts
    228
    Quote Originally Posted by FrozenFire
    Now spare us the whining and move on like you state all the time.

    Maybe you should stop whining about people who have a legit complaint?

    If it were for people like you, there would never be progression in anything because you never deliver critic about a faulty product

  21. #71

    Question

    So, how many does that make in total? I mean people that sold the game already?

  22. #72
    Join Date
    Mar 2006
    Posts
    228
    1, most of you guys even have AoD, one of the worst games ever, so that doesn't say much

  23. #73
    Quote Originally Posted by lllll
    1
    I rest my case.

  24. #74
    Join Date
    Mar 2006
    Posts
    228
    Quote Originally Posted by GoranAgar
    I rest my case.
    Do you still have AoD and TRC?

    I rest MY case

  25. #75
    Quote Originally Posted by lllll
    Do you still have AoD and TRC?

    I rest MY case
    Out of curiosity..what do you have against people collecting a game series? How is it any different than collection movies..box sets...favorite artists CD's?

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Similar Threads

  1. any1 ever use a gameshark on TS2?
    By crazyeyez32988 in forum TimeSplitters - General Discussion - Archive
    Replies: 5
    Last Post: 26th Aug 2004, 08:33
  2. Should CORE get the rights to TR BACK ?
    By steedy69 in forum Tomb Raider Series General Discussion & Off Topic
    Replies: 29
    Last Post: 18th Jun 2004, 19:45
  3. Zones map problem XBOX
    By Deryck in forum TimeSplitters - General Discussion - Archive
    Replies: 1
    Last Post: 20th May 2004, 02:09
  4. Just when I thought everything was ok, and please HELP!!
    By AngelOfDarkness88 in forum Tomb Raider 1 - 6 - Gaming Help Center
    Replies: 3
    Last Post: 6th Jul 2003, 13:24
  5. Tomb Raider 2 Sound Delay
    By Tipsko in forum Tomb Raider 1 - 6 - Gaming Help Center
    Replies: 7
    Last Post: 16th Jan 2003, 13:01

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •