View Poll Results: What was your favourite Tomb Raider Game?

Voters
164. You may not vote on this poll
  • Tomb Raider 1

45 27.44%
  • Tomb Raider 1 Gold : Unfinished Business

12 7.32%
  • Tomb Raider 2: Starring Lara Croft

40 24.39%
  • Tomb Raider 2 Gold : The Gold Mask

7 4.27%
  • Tomb Raider 3: The Adventures Of Lara Croft

42 25.61%
  • Tomb Raider 3 Gold : The Lost Artifact

14 8.54%
  • Tomb Raider 4: The Last Revelation

37 22.56%
  • Tomb Raider 5: Chronicles

19 11.59%
  • Tomb Raider 6: The Angel Of Darkness

18 10.98%
  • Tomb Raider 7: Legend

56 34.15%
Multiple Choice Poll.
Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: The New Official "What was your favourite Tomb Raider Game?" including Legend

Smile

My best Tomb Raider was TR3 because it was my first gaming experience that intoduced me to the Tomb raider world. As I'm proud to say that I'm addicted to this game like forever! I like it coz it brings the levels that you would take HOURS and DAYS to finish. I know i did as i can recall the next level in TR3 in india, it was tough for me and 4 ma cousin we spent like 3 days and 4 hours trying to solve it. CAN U BELIEVE IT? 3 days and 4 hours? I mean i couldn't believe it. But it was soo cool everything in Tomb Raider 3 was amazingggggg and so TR2 it's mind blasting but TR1 is wonderfull don't get me wrong guys but the graphics is like .... anyway, i'm looking forward for TR anniversary coz i played TR1 but not all of it and i really like to see an advanced version of it.

TRs ROCKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKK

TR:TLR was and is my most favorite
    TR:3
    TR:1
    TR:Chronicles
    TR:2

As a PoP game, Legend was pretty good

Thumbs Up

TR4 > TR4 > TR4> TR4 > TR4 > TR4 > TR4 > TR4 > TR4 > TR4 > TR1 > TR3 > TR2 > TR5

cos it was the biggest , longest, prettiest, most atmospheric, darkest, and epic of them all by a country mile.

Hola folks

This looks like as good a place as any to chime in on these forums

My vote went to TR-2 as it was my first experience with the TR series. I have played 1-5 so far and will be starting AOD soon followed by Legend. My goal is to finish these before Anniversary comes out but time is not on my side atm
    The O.S.C.C. Are you in?

I have never played any of the PC only extra games after TR 1,2 and 3, and I have already voted but i just wanted to amend since playing Legend.

1- TR4- the absolute best, can't fault it. So atmospheric, brilliant, intriguing, makes you want to play more and more! I only wish my first go at it hadnt been with a level guide

2- TR1- Because it's the first, and the levels are amazing

3- TR2 and TR5- I can't choose! TR5 is probably too short for me, but I love Rome and Germany. TR2- The monastery? And Venice??

4- AOD. Now i genuinely did like this game but I thought it was clunky

5-Legend- Too short by far, but the graphics were amazing and the moves a lot smoother. Also loved Peru and Ghana

6- TR3- doesnt deserve to be coming in last, and it's not my least fave game AT ALL (because its mean to make me choose!) but the ending is by far the most difficult out of all the games, and I didnt like the fact that I didnt have any weapons and had to cheat for them. However, brilliant levels, especially London and All Hallows.
    We have reached the sanctum of the ancients, the first footfalls in these tombs for centuries...

Are we allowed to have three favorites??

If so, I'd pick TR1, TR Last Revelation, and TR Legend. Here's why...

TR1 - From the first steps of Lara's adventure, I felll in love with the game and with her. I remember spending six hours, yes...six hours, on the first scene that introduced Lara's ability to push stones (remember the room?). I was lost and couldn't find my way out and loved every moment of it. The original is hard to beat because it just bonded me with this adventure that is now 10 years in the making.

TR Last Revlation - Perhaps the most complete TR game of the series. You had improved graphics and an excellent story line. The levels were challenging and the game was long.

TR Legend - Revived what I once feared to be gone. Legend brought Lara back better than ever. For that, I am grateful...honestly. I had stopped researching TR for a couple of years after what AOD did to the franchise. It looked like it was going to be impossible to see Lara in another adventure again. I remember sitting down at my computer in the summer of 05 and thought, what the heck...I'll see if there's anything out there. Much to my surprise, I saw what was being discussed as the rebirth of TR...Tomb Raider Legend. Since then, I've not stopped being excited about this franchise. It was like something that was important to me that had been taken away was now given back to me. Plus, Legend brought us the best graphics to date. Lara never looked better!

Out of those three, it is hard to say. I do believe, however, that nothing will ever be able to replace the excitement I had for the game while I was playing TR1. Now, all other TR experiences are just building on that!

Are there any dry eyes out there?

Hi all !!!

CS&P - The distribution of your poll is looking interesting...

I still favor the older games - more relaxing

I'm still playing the custom games, in between a few others...

I love TR3. I love the variety in locations, the weapons, the music, the vehicles. Yes, it's the hardest game, but *sniff* I enjoy it.

All time fave= TR3.
    Although I am playing Last revelation at mo and forgot how good it is (apart from getting stuck on the scenery while swimming Aaaaargh)

Call me a moron and paint me pink, but what are these 'Gold' games???

Arrow The Gold levels are for PC only.

Quote Originally Posted by Mad Axeman View Post
    All time fave= TR3.
    Although I am playing Last revelation at mo and forgot how good it is (apart from getting stuck on the scenery while swimming Aaaaargh)

Call me a moron and paint me pink, but what are these 'Gold' games???
    The Gold games are small sequels to their counterparts. They are only available on PC. You can download TR1 gold (Unfinished Business) and TR2 gold (the Golden Mask) from www.tombraiderchronicles.com for free and play them if you have TR1 and TR already installed on your PC. They were originally packaged with TR1 and TR2as a special edition. TR3 gold (the Lost Artifact) you need to buy separately and you can play it even if you don't have TR3 installed on your PC. There is also a TR4 gold known as the Times Exclusive, which you can also download from the pre-metioned link.

signature image
    ...previously known as "Mum"

I'd say TR2 because it was the first contact that fired me to buy all the others. I remember that even then the little graphic gap was not in favor of TR1 for me but anyway... I'm confident TRA will reconciliate me with the serie and I'm eager to put my hand on it. Maybe the first game you play is determinant in this appreciation at some point.

I was torn between TR4 and The Lost Artefact!

Both games boast their uniquely great levels but I voted for the latter for I like to get inside the Nessie machine! I also like the level 'It's A Madhouse' which revolves around a zoo.

If you don't walk or run Lara near to the gates for pick-ups then the red car is not activated. You can enter the tiger area and see it pass down the French street as you enter that area and I like to always challenge the game in this way!

TR4 was an excellent game too but I am always stuck at the rope-swinging part and I am stuck there presently in that rather large room. There are two ropes and a big drop. I am on the first rope and am swinging to grab the second in order to reach the far ledge but even though I have adjusted my gait, I still continue to miss the rope number two

It is such a long drop so I have to reload before she dies as the loading times are very slow - I believe there is a fix patch for this but I am yet to investigate and download this patch.

Lo

My favourite TR game must be the first. I like the puzzles and the adventuring and the animals, but i also liked TR2 that one was good too!
    I can't see, my eyes are in the way!

Quote Originally Posted by Miss. Croft View Post
    My favourite TR game must be the first. I like the puzzles and the adventuring and the animals, but i also liked TR2 that one was good too!
    Yes TR2 always holds a special place in my heart for it was the first of the games I bought and played They are all so good in their own way!
    Everyone is entitled to my opinion.

tomb raider 4 all the way...
    It was more about exploration, hard puzles(don't know if i write it right) and less about shooting and killing...
    also it was long(took me 3 months to end it...),had large levels...
    for me it had that feeling of the first tomb raider but bigger and better...

Unhappy

Quote Originally Posted by GoranAgar View Post
    ---
    Quote Originally Posted by CatSuit&Ponytail View Post
    ---
    Wow! The polls' images have changed.

You know, TRL could have been my favourite if CD had more time to finish it, and if the story was better along with some things chnaged to make it more like Cores way of creating a TR game I could really like it a lot

Smile best tomb raider

i think that tomb raider 4 the last revelation is the best version. it has every thing from hard puzzles, moderate enemies, easy to handle final boss, non linear levels, so many levels, make sence story, egyptian temples and pyramids that exists.

what do you think?

No, for me Last Revalation seemed like a drag, it just kept going on and on and on and I kept forgetting what the plot was. It seemed that everything was random and had little or no/too much logic to some of the puzzles that it became annoying.
    "I'm up for a little heresy"

The best TR was the first one and this should be in the general discussion section

Quote Originally Posted by zakker View Post
    i think that tomb raider 4 the last revelation is the best version. it has every thing from hard puzzles, moderate enemies, easy to handle final boss, non linear levels, so many levels, make sence story, egyptian temples and pyramids that exists.

what do you think?
    I agree with you-- TR4 was the best. It had the best puzzle variety, a good balance of exploration/fighting, a story that was actually interesting (and made sense), and the atmosphere throughout was great.
    This signature has been banned by the department of health.

Arrow

This should be in general TR discussion seeing as it's not about AE specificly

I thought TR6 was very good, and had a lot of efort put into it

Ah, Tomb Raider: The Last Revelation

This was the first TR game I ever bought and defeated all the way through. It will always hold a special place in my heart as the game that got me into Tomb Raider.

Despite that previous paragraph, I would have to say Tomb Raider II, the second TR game I bought and beat, is the best TR game. It had a wide range of fun and interesting things to do. Venice and the Tibetan Foothills stick out in my mind. Almost every single level in that game is enjoyable. TLR had some moments that had me hurling obscenities and beating couch cushions because of their difficulty. I've had moments like that with almost every other game, but moreso with TLR 'cuz I was still somewhat of a video game novice. Having to include GameShark codes to it finally got me past my obstacles. The one I DEFINITELY needed was Infinite Air for the water mazes in the Underneath the Sphinx level. I eventually got through the game, which yes, I have to admit, has the best story becuase I LOVE Egypt and its landmarks and mythology.

Otherwise, any other TR game I use the standard in-game codes for infinite medi-paks and ammo.

But the best, IMHO, is Tomb Raider II, then it's a tie at second with The Last Revelation and Legend.

Tomb Raider II is my fave. Venice and the Tibetan Foothills are two of the best levels in the series.

Breakdown:

Tomb Raider II
    Tomb Raider: The Last Revealtion and Tomb Raider: Legend
    Tomb Raider III
    Tomb Raider (the fourth one I ever played, it was kinda a step down for me. Still a great game though)
    Tomb Raider: Chronicles
    Tomb Raider: The Angel of Darkness it's such a good story though!

Quote Originally Posted by zakker View Post

what do you think?

i personally didn't even like the fact that i was stuck in egypt the whole game, i feel as though TR2 was the best TR game. i loved the feeling i got playing TR2 as a little girl, especially the very first level The Great Wall. It was magical to me!!! I find myself to this day, replaying TR2 all the time when i'm just bored. To me it's always a new expirence. but TRLR wasn't that bad, and that's what i think, .

TR1 will always be special as the first TR game i played and as the first TR game... but TR2 is without doubt the best vid game (along with others like onimusha 3, Zelda ocarina of time, wind waker, twilight princess, monkey island 1,2 +3, etc) its fabulous. TR3 is okay but has a terribley meandering plot not really made for part time TRs TR3 was definatly for those of us with the grit and dtermination to get through it minus cheats.

TRLR is my second fav TR after TR2, its just fun, and we start to see more of lara as having friends (Pierre yves).

TRC is good, and i enjoy it alot as a kinfd of swan song for the PS1, although given the subsequent game AOD one coule hope they put the effort in from TRC into fixing AOD and not making it into a badley made action RPG.

AOD or TR6 is a terribly game where core took Lara away and put some deranged goth in her place. Bad call, bad game nuff said. That being said i still own it of course.

TRL, the phoenix rose from the ashes and Lara was back. Sure it needs some improving here and there, but considering the last few additions from Core CD did an amazing job and made an amazing game. Much more TR than AOD.

all in my opinion of course i know others hate TRl and love AOd.... hey we all love lara and thats whats important.

beccaxx

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast