View Poll Results: What was your favourite Tomb Raider Game?

Voters
164. You may not vote on this poll
  • Tomb Raider 1

45 27.44%
  • Tomb Raider 1 Gold : Unfinished Business

12 7.32%
  • Tomb Raider 2: Starring Lara Croft

40 24.39%
  • Tomb Raider 2 Gold : The Gold Mask

7 4.27%
  • Tomb Raider 3: The Adventures Of Lara Croft

42 25.61%
  • Tomb Raider 3 Gold : The Lost Artifact

14 8.54%
  • Tomb Raider 4: The Last Revelation

37 22.56%
  • Tomb Raider 5: Chronicles

19 11.59%
  • Tomb Raider 6: The Angel Of Darkness

18 10.98%
  • Tomb Raider 7: Legend

56 34.15%
Multiple Choice Poll.
Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast

Thread: The New Official "What was your favourite Tomb Raider Game?" including Legend

Cool The New Official "What was your favourite Tomb Raider Game?" including Legend

As originally posted by CatSuit&Ponytail

Tomb Raider, Tomb Raider Gold

Tomb Raider II, Tomb Raider II Gold

Tomb Raider III, Tomb Raider: The Lost Artifact

Tomb Raider: The Last Revelation , Tomb Raider: Chronicles

Tomb Raider: The Angel Of Darkness or Tomb Raider: Legend
    "Ignorant people think it's the noise which fighting cats make that is so aggravating, but it ain't so; it's the sickening grammar they use. --Mark Twain"

Cool

Here is our first poll for the games Tomb Raider 1 to Tomb Raider Chronicles.

Cool

And the second....

Thumbs Up

Legend is my new all time favourite Tomb Raider game. I'm not finished yet. But I love it 110%. Thank you, CD and Eidos.

I've borrowed my mate's TR3 today. I'm already in love with it again...the atmosphere and everything... Legend has thrown me back into the old games I can say that. I even play it in german, heck , anything is better than jump+run Lara Lite . (TRL ) Legend is pretty. Pretty boring.

Now I'm looking forward to weeks of gaming fun... I've forgotten loads from TR3... as I said elsewhere, in my eyes the best of the series. Loads of levels. Loads of temples. Loads of secrets. Loadss of paths. Precise movement, and yes, beautiful surroundings. Oh, and intelligent puzzles.

Beat that, Crystal Dynamics!

after legend i wanted to go back and re-live lara adventures. im currently on tr1 but i dont know which one to do(which game) next any ideas?

Quote Originally Posted by Lone Raider
    I've borrowed my mate's TR3 today. I'm already in love with it again...the atmosphere and everything... Legend has thrown me back into the old games I can say that. I even play it in german, heck , anything is better than jump+run Lara Lite . (TRL ) Legend is pretty. Pretty boring.

Now I'm looking forward to weeks of gaming fun... I've forgotten loads from TR3... as I said elsewhere, in my eyes the best of the series. Loads of levels. Loads of temples. Loads of secrets. Loadss of paths. Precise movement, and yes, beautiful surroundings. Oh, and intelligent puzzles.

Beat that, Crystal Dynamics!

TR3 was awesome... not sure if i liked that or TR4 more

Legend was a bit simplistic, and short.. looked good though!

TR 2 is what i am playing now. Legend was awfulllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllll. TR 2 is a real game. Thanx for this thread, maybe all of the non Legend lovers wont get blasted here for not liking it so much..

Legend is OK.

But it's not Tomb Raider.
    The only sidekick that Lara needs to help her is ME!

Arrow It's like asking which one of your children is your favorite...

Sorry, I cannot answer.

Last Revelation for me
    I see it came second in the other two polls

Im not surprised. It was the first TR i played and i was very impressed with it. I love how the levels interlink, i love how easy it is to defeat Horus , i love the crossbow with explosive ammo, and i looooove the Egyptian setting!

10 out of 10 from me
    We have reached the sanctum of the ancients, the first footfalls in these tombs for centuries...

What's the difference between 2 and 2 gold and stuff?
    Chronicles and Legend for me

Quote Originally Posted by laralicious
    What's the difference between 2 and 2 gold and stuff?
    TR1, 2 & 3 have their own little sequels available on PC only and are known as gold levels.
    signature image
    ...previously known as "Mum"

I voted Legend. It was a hard choice between TR1 and Legend, mainly because Legend has made the future of TR games much brighter. Shes had a revamp in controls, look and shes ready to raid the next gen of games, competing for the top spot once again!

I think if I wasn't replaying the old games now (Just completed TR4 now on TR3) i might have voted for legend purely because I'd forgotten just how good the old ones were (its been several years since I payed a last generation tomb raider)

But honestly people, replaying the old ones is a very good idea. Legend is fantastic, But CD's tomb raiders are really not as good as the old tomb raiders.... yet.

TR3 for me, its got everything you want from a Tomb Raider, plus its a long meaty epic experience which really can keep you occupied for months (before you've completed it)

I've only completed two levels on TR:Legend, but I find it to be the best in the series. It's very fresh, and a lot of thought has gone into it.

I'd also go so far as to say that this game is going to be close to one of the best games of all time, right up there with "Prince of Persia: Sands of Time".
    E pluribus amphibia

The original TR is still my favorite. There was just something magical about the experience that the sequels couldn't recapture. TRII came close, but the original is still the best imo.

It's a difficult choice as I loved the old classics but Legend is my fav, maybe until I play the old ones again.

I voted for AOD and Legend, but I liked TR1 too back in 1996.

I voted for TRL but it just doesnt seem to have the amout of level enemies that the rest have e.g. TR3:t-rex,raptors and a shark or 2 in the underwater part.
    TRF 4 Life

hmm, is this really a fair poll?

the Gold "games" were free!!! add-ons created by an Eidos team to give the fans something extra. They should not be compared to the full games Core designed.
    Comparing these free add-on levels to separate levels from the full games would be fairer and I think that I for one might vote for one of the free levels as the best level.

That said, comparing the full games I have voted for the original TR. None of the other games comes close to it's admosphere. It's the game that made me a gamer.

tr3 1!

tomb raider 3 was the best by far nothing can beat it and how come ppl all think that legend is the best its a gd game yes but! its the shortest game of the tomb raiders, and the puzzels r simple, i did'nt even complete tr3 but yet its the best 1 , any one agree with me?

Quote Originally Posted by mendhak
    I've only completed two levels on TR:Legend, but I find it to be the best in the series. It's very fresh, and a lot of thought has gone into it.

I'd also go so far as to say that this game is going to be close to one of the best games of all time, right up there with "Prince of Persia: Sands of Time".
    hahahahaha lol m8 wait till u complete it lol level 2 u on now im guessing u'll complete it in another 4-5 hours then tell me its the best game ever!lol

I just can't decide which is my favourite , I love them all!
    signature image
    ...previously known as "Mum"

In a way it seems unfair to compare Legend with the others because it is a different type of game. And, it has fantastically updated graphics which skews the comparison too.

I really like Legend, it's fun and interesting. They've done some good with things with Lara's character and movements (I still think combined with 3D control elements would improve them further, but they're nice enough).

But, the truth is beyond the gloss and froth of newness, added emotion and more detailed graphics, it doesn't compare to the immersion of the early TR games. The gameplay separated from the cutscenes is not a match for TR1-4. Missing in action = suspense, fear, puzzlement and exploration.

If I'm forced to pick my order is:

TR 3/1 joint first
    TR4
    TR2
    Legend
    AoD
    TR5

But I like them all and the gap between 1st and last place is small.

It also doesn't mean that I don't like Legend or won't be looking forward to the next one, I am and very much too. I don't want the developers to throw away the changes they've made either. But it would be nice if they could incorporate some of MIA stuff from the old games.

Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast