The U. S. Version of the game comes as Version 1.1 out of the box. To upgrade the European version of Tomb Raider: Legend to 1.1 download and install patch 1.1.

For further clarification, this patch only applies to the European versions of Tomb Raider: Legend, not the US version of the game.

Troubleshooting

Q: The game/demo is not running on my computer. What do I do?
A: Update your drivers. Graphic, Sound and AGP drivers. After installing those new drivers reinstall DirectX.

If that doesn't help use the search function to find out if someone else has a similar problem which was already solved in another thread.

If you can not find anything that matches your problem post and ask for help. Make sure you give us enough information to help you. (post the results of your DXDiagnostics)

Click Start, then run. Type dxdiag and click ok. In the new window click save information as... and save the file to your harddrive by clicking ok again.

In that file you have now everything you need to know about your computer. Post those information (all of it) in your thread.

Q: How do I get my DXDiag.txt?
A: Click Start, then run. Type dxdiag and click ok. In the new window click save information as... and save the file to your harddrive by clicking ok again.

Q: Do I need to update all my drivers?
A: Yes

Q: Are you sure?
A: YES, update your drivers. Graphic, Sound and AGP drivers.

Sound problems

Q: I'm getting static from music and ambient sound in the game, though have the latest sound drivers.
A: Disable Hardware Acceleration in Control Panel > Sound and Audio Devices

Graphic problems

Q: I experience flickering textures.
A: In some rare cases this happens when your cpu is overclocked. The flickering of the textures can be prevented by undoing the overclocking. If you are willing to do that is of course up to you.

System problems

Q: I can play TR Legend and then it just closes down every application and shuts down my computer.
A: The shutdown is a Windows feature that Microsoft thinks is very helpful when an error occurs.

Does not help finding the error, though. So it is usually best to turn that feature off.

Click START > Settings > Control Panel > System

Change to tab Advanced

Under Startup and Recovery click Settings and uncheck the box Automatically restart under System failure.

Now Windows won't restart anymore and you have the chance to find what the problem is.

Q: Crashed to desktop while trying to view object model Japan / Party Female A. The following error was shown:

Wrong mkloadob version data 29b, code e
rebuild needed

A: Known problem in Version 1.1 Should be fixed with the next patch.

If you really want to see her: http://www.catagar.com/load/TombRaid...rtyFemaleA.jpg

System Requirements
The minimum system requirements are as follows:

OPERATING SYSTEM:
Microsoft Windows 2000, XP
CPU:
Pentium 3 1.0Ghz or Athlon XP Equivalent
RAM:
256MB
GRAPHICS:
100% DirectX 9.0c -compatible 64MB 3D Accelerated Card with TnL (GeForce 3Ti / Radeon 9 series)
SOUND:
Microsoft Windows 2000/XP compatible sound card (100% DirectX 9.0c -compatible)
DVD-ROM:
Quad-speed (4x) DVD-ROM drive
HARD DRIVE:
7.12 GB free disk space
INPUT DEVICES:
100% Windows 2000/XP compatible mouse and keyboard

The recommended system requirements are as follows:

CPU:
Pentium 4 2.0Ghz or Athlon XP Equivalent
RAM
512MB
GRAPHICS:
100% DirectX 9.0c-compatible 256MB 3D Accelerated Card (Nvidia GeForce 5900 / Ati 9800XT)
SOUND:
Microsoft indows 2000/XP compatible sound card (100% DirectX 9.0c -compatible)
DVD-ROM:
Eight-speed (8x) DVD-ROM drive or faster
HARD DRIVE:
7.12 GB free disk space

The Optimal system requirements are as follows:

CPU:
Pentium 4 3.0Ghz or Athlon XP/64bit Equivalent
RAM:
1GB
GRAPHICS:
100% DirectX 9.0c -compatible 512MB 3D Accelerated Card (Nvidia GeForce 7800 / Ati X-1800)

Anything above the minimum spec will run the game fine, the sliding scale between the 3 sets of specifications are the quality of the graphics and the smoothness of frame rate.

http://users.erols.com/chare/video.htm <- check your graphics card on this list to see what Pixel Shader etc your card supports.