Page 1 of 6 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: PC Demo Available for Download tonight!

Lightbulb PC Demo Available for Download tonight!

Hello everyone,

I have some good news today. The PC demo is finally here, and will be made available first, exclusively at GameSpy tomorrow at 5:30pm, PST.

As an added bonus, GameSpy will be hosting a special live chat event with the producer for Tomb Raider: Legend, Matthew Guzenda! This chat event is going to begin at 4:30pm PST, so you definitely don’t want to be late!

The live chat event will take place at: http://www.gamespyarcade.com/events/...03312006.shtml

In order to participate in the live chat event, you will need to have GameSpy Arcade installed, and create an account.

GameSpy Arcade is available for download at: http://www.gamespyarcade.com/download

The chat event will take place in GameSpy’s LiveWire lobby, which is accessible by clicking the LiveWire icon under the "My Games" tab on the left side of Arcade.

Hope you all like the good news!

Thumbs Up

WOOOOO HOOOOOOO!!!!!

Matt, you made my day!!

Thumbs Up

Thank you so much for the news!

FINALLY thank god.... i thought it was going to come out the 13th or later

nice but 5:30pm PST is 1am here so I won't be able to download it until saturday .

*Does some mental math* So it'll be available for download at 8:30 pm on the Atlantic coast? I'm not sure of the time differences, so please correct me if I'm wrong

Thumbs Up PC Demo!

Good news indeed. I don't have a GameSpy account, but I would consider getting one to get the demo. What about this GameSpy Arcade? Is it a requirement to get the demo? I don't see why I would need to install another piece of software on my machine when I'm just interested in getting the demo. I've seen enough interviews for now. Better yet, can you tell us when the demo will be available on the Tomb Raider site? Thanks.

I asked Matt that question as I was wondering too.

He said the demo is a free download for anyone. GameSpy Arcade is only necessary for the chat event.

YAAAAY! Thanks for the news Matt.

5:30PST = 8:30EST = 2:30GMT. We get the PC demo first.

hehe I like what you put there Trinity (and I know this is very irrelevant but coincedencely, I'm watchin' THE MATRIX right now from the beginning when Trinity's runnin' away from all the police @ TBS

Big Grin

Quote Originally Posted by Trinity34
    5:30PST = 8:30EST = 2:30GMT. We get the PC demo first.
    What are you talking about? 5:30PST = 8:30EST = 2:30GMT means the same time. For everyone.
    The thing about Canadians is, they are very friendly people. But give them a hockey stick and they'll kill you.

GameSpy:

Date:
    Friday, March 31st, 2006

Time:
    4:30 PST, 7:30 EST

Details: Follow Lara down a path of discovery as she travels the globe to remote, exotic locales in search of one of history’s greatest artifacts that unleash unwelcome figures from Lara’s mysterious past. With guns blazing, Lara must use her athletic ability and intellectual wits to explore vast, treacherous tombs, riddled with challenging puzzles and deadly traps. Experience the beginning of the new Legend in the most adrenaline-fueled Tomb Raider adventure ever!

Come join us and Matt Guzenda (Senior Producer) from Crystal Dynamics on GameSpy Arcade for a Special "Tomb Raider: Legend" Chat event in the LiveWire lobby on Friday, March 31st at 4:30 PM PST, 7:30 PM EST - Don't miss it!

Cool

Quote Originally Posted by Shehi
    Strange GameSpy says it will happen an hour earlier:
    Isn't that the chat?
    The thing about Canadians is, they are very friendly people. But give them a hockey stick and they'll kill you.

Quote Originally Posted by GoranAgar
    Isn't that the chat?
    Sorry Goran, I realized that and corrected my post

I also noticed Eidos opened new domain: http://tombraiderlegenddemo.com . Although passwd protected, I say something cool might happen there

GMT+5 = 2:30+5
    = 7:30 here! YAY! Thanks Matt.

Big Grin

Sorry Goran, I realized that and corrected my post
    Or maybe Gamespy rescheduled without telling us. Oh, the excitement.

Thumbs Up

It was time!! Thank you!!

Question

I can't see any way to get the demo without paying gamespy something?? is this right?
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Big Grin

I also noticed Eidos opened new domain: http://tombraiderlegenddemo.com . Although passwd protected, I say something cool might happen there
    Nifty, isn't it?

Quote Originally Posted by star girl
    GMT+5 = 2:30+5
    = 7:30 here! YAY! Thanks Matt.

what does that mean???

GMT +2 - I`ll have the demo at 4:30 PM today or tomorrow at 4:30 AM ? Please, someone reply.

Question Question about Legend demo download

Will a demo download be possible without joining gamespy?
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

I asked Matt yesterday and he said that you only need to register to participate in the chat event.
    signature image

Exclamation

On http://www.tombraiderlegenddemo.com/ it says "demo released at 3 PM on april first" . Is this my calculated GMT time or it`s universal?

Please check the site out and post here if your demo release date doesn`t match with mine!!

Page 1 of 6 12345 ... LastLast