Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Special Event at the Sony Metreon! Meet Karima, and the Crystal Dynamics Developers!

Lightbulb Special Event at the Sony Metreon! Meet Karima, and the Crystal Dynamics Developers!

Hey everyone,

I know you all worked very hard to help Lara get her star on the Walk of Game, and the time is coming for the induction ceremony to be held at the Metreon!

To celebrate, we are putting together a special event for the fans. If you live in the San Francisco Bay Area, or can make their way over to the Metreon on Thursday, March 16th, you can have an opportunity to meet the beautiful Lara Croft model, Karima Adebibe, talk to members of the Crystal Dynamic’s development team, and play a small portion of the upcoming game Tomb Raider: Legend!

The only catch is that there is a limited amount of time and space, so we have to limit this special event to only 100 people. We will be putting together an RSVP form, on the official website, which will go live at precisely 1PM PST, Monday, March 13th. After the spots are filled, the form will be closed, and then if you were one of the lucky ones that nab yourself a spot at the event, you will be notified by email.

Since this has the ability to be an extremely popular event, we ask that you only RSVP if you can attend the event. Since there is limited space, only people on the RSVP list will be admitted into the event area. In addition, please only RSVP if you are a Tomb Raider fan. If additional friends or family members RSVP that are not interested in the franchise that limits the space that we have for the fans of the series. We want this event to be a great opportunity for as many fans as possible to be able to get some face time with Crystal Dynamics and Karima.

Also to clear up any confusion that this may cause, this RSVP is for an event after the Walk of Game induction ceremony. The Walk of Game induction ceremony is not open to the public.

WHEN:

Thursday, March 16. 8-10 PM

WHERE:

Sony Metreon
    Digital Solutions Store
    2nd Floor

RSVP:

RSVP is required. One person per RSVP. RSVP is non-transferable.

This offer is open to the first 100 people who reply.

You must be on the RSVP list to get in.

HOW TO RSVP:

The official Tomb Raider: Legend website, www.tombraider.com, will have a web form available at 1PM PST, Monday, March 13th. The form will close shortly after the RSVP number has been filled. You will be notified via email if you have been added to the RSVP list.

Thanks, and good luck everyone. Hopefully we see you on March 16!

(Transportation and other expenses are not included in this offer)

Lucky people! When are they coming to Paris?

What's RVSP
    Arguing on the internet is like running the special olympics, even if you win your still retarded

Quote Originally Posted by Takashii
    What's RVSP
    If you're going, they want you to tell them in advance so that they know who to expect

Big Grin

On Monday the 13th she will be here in Germany (Hamburg).
    The thing about Canadians is, they are very friendly people. But give them a hockey stick and they'll kill you.

Lightbulb

Quote Originally Posted by Takashii
    What's RVSP
    It's an abbreviation from the French. It is "répondez s'il vous plaît" which means "please reply".
    "Ignorant people think it's the noise which fighting cats make that is so aggravating, but it ain't so; it's the sickening grammar they use. --Mark Twain"

hmmmm i have a plane ticket for san fransisco...wierd, doubt my mom would let me though

Wish I could go! Whoever goes, take lots of pics!! Want to see them all.

Quote Originally Posted by konichi-wa
    hmmmm i have a plane ticket for san fransisco...wierd, doubt my mom would let me though
    Go while you still have the chance !! And say hi to her for me Say it's from Josh and I think she's as beautiful as Angelina Jolie!! Of course, chances of you are going is still not sure but tell her if you can anyways!! And of course, Angelina is still beautiful - -I'm just describing how beautiful Karima is

I would LOVE to attend this event. I'd have to book a flight to San Francisco though, which may be a bit pricey from where I live.

I'm a bit closer, and I would have considered driving, but it's quite a distance to drive.

Thumbs Up

I'll (hopefully) be going. I live in San Francisco.
    I'll try and take a bunch of pictures.

I live in Florida, but for an event like this I'd definatly buy plane tickets, I wanna go sooo bad, I'm trying my hardest to get on that list!

Form will be live soon

Just a reminder to everyone. The RSVP form is going to go live in approximately 45 mins.

The form is live, good luck everyone!

I cant see the form where is it?

There is a link off the main page.

Here is a direct link:

http://www.tombraider.com/trl_walkofgame.html

Whew thanks. I kept refreshing the main page but no links wwere appearing. When should we expect emails to go out? Like today or later this week?

Cool

We met Karima today. She is wonderful. Unfortunately all the pictures we took today were useless. The camera must be malfunctioning.

the suspense of this is killing me, LOL.

Quote Originally Posted by Stuntbabe X
    When should we expect emails to go out? Like today or later this week?
    I second that. I was on at exactly 1:00 PM PST.

Good Luck everyone!

Smile

Don't forget your cameras, everyone!

Good luck!!

Quote Originally Posted by Mark_
    Don't forget your cameras, everyone!

Good luck!!
    Aren't you supposed to be studying?

Im going to take LOADS of pics. This will be a nice sort of TR meet and greet for fans I havent already met at conventions. I cant wait!

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast