Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst 12345

Thread: Legend Release dates / PC Requirements!

Quote Originally Posted by Phnxsmv
    Does it mean I can enable Next-Gen-Content with a SM 2.0b graphics card?
    I don't know. Wait until April 7, then check for the patch that will bring the demo up to the same settings as the full version. Then you can see what you can enable with your graphics card

Not even my system handles Next Gen content.

I have no idea why!!!

Everything just goes on a go slow

Apart from that it runs like a dream and looks lovely with everything else on

Ok, so I'd rather have this emailed to Eidos as it might sound rather silly, but I couldn't find any email to do so and thought maybe GoranAgar or someone else who has access to people @ Eidos could open up the curtains for our curious little Brazilian community.

We're wondering if Eidos still has a representative in Brazil and who it is. Angel Of Darkness was published by GreenLeaf in September 2003, but as you can see clicking on the link, they've been out of the loop regarding Eidos' games for at least 2 years. We're afraid Legend might not be published in Brazil, if only we knew who'd publish it we could "put the pressure" on them instead. Could any kind soul gather some information with Eidos staff for us? Thanks in advance.

After downloading the demo, I can definitely confirm that Tomb Raider Legend requires SSE support from the processor. Whilst this won't be a problem with current desktop PCs, the older ranges won't be able to install it (including mine).

Chris.

Smile

Quote Originally Posted by TREEBLE
    Ok, so I'd rather have this emailed to Eidos as it might sound rather silly, but I couldn't find any email to do so and thought maybe GoranAgar or someone else who has access to people @ Eidos could open up the curtains for our curious little Brazilian community.
    Send a message to MattD. He knows things.
    The thing about Canadians is, they are very friendly people. But give them a hockey stick and they'll kill you.

Will this game work on my system using this video card ?

Hi. Good to see everyone. I'm hoping someone can help me out. It's going to be a long read.

I've recently bought a new Dell PC but it doesn't have either a PCI-Express 16x graphics card slot or an AGP slot. Just a normal PCI slot. I'm considering buying a new NVIDIA card that has the PCI slot, but I'm just worried that the game might not run on it. I know somewhat regarding videocards because I've learned to upgrade them over the years and know some of the features on them, I guess.

So the card I'm considering purchasing is the NVIDIA GeForce 5500 256MB DDR PCI Graphics Card.

In a retail site I've visited, the Product Details listed its System Requirements which is...

500MHz processor or higher
    Windows 98, ME, 2000, XP or NT 4.0 (SP5 or SP6)
    128MB RAM
    35MB hard drive space
    CD-ROM or DVD-ROM drive
    PCI 2.0 slot
    250W power supply

Now, my system specs are....

Windows XP Media Center 2005 Edition (SP2)
    Intel P4 w/ HT Technology @ 2.8GHz
    512 DDR MB RAM
    Intel Express Family Chipset (integrated)
    59GB HDD
    DVD/CD Combo Drive
    PCI Slot
    230 Power Supply

Now, my question is, because my System Specs don't exactly match the card's System Requirements such as the Power Supply, SP pack, and Windows version, should I be worried that once the card is installed, the game won't work ? Or am I just worrying too much ?

Also, one last question. How do I check what version of the PCI slot I have ?

Thank you for any help !
    signature image

Lies...

The release date is wrong...all Australian gamers receive the shipment on the 20th of April instead of the 13th...we're getting played around by the companies again and we have to fork out $75-85 for a short game nonetheless that's just great...

Quote Originally Posted by baylisst
    does anyone have any idea if it will support widescreen resolutions?

btw goran, just finished listening to the soundtrack, vv good, thanks a lot

can't believe its only 9 days away, pre-ordered it in september only games ive been this excited about are black&white2 or hl2 ever

Don`t worry.
    Tomb Raider Legend will support widescreen resolution.

I have to say Thank You to Eidos, it's about time the UK got a game early for a change. Especially since Tomb Raider is English.

Cool

Quote Originally Posted by NRNR
    Now, my question is, because my System Specs don't exactly match the card's System Requirements such as the Power Supply, SP pack, and Windows version, should I be worried that once the card is installed, the game won't work ? Or am I just worrying too much ?
    The main concern is the PSU. 230W is really weak. If the card asks for at least 250W psu, you should take that very seriously. Secondly, I have no idea whatsoever how the game will perform (if it all) with PCI card. PCI interface has very low bandwidth by modern standards.

Also, one last question. How do I check what version of the PCI slot I have ?
    Thank you for any help !
    As far as I know, all PCI slots are version 2.0 or higher these days, because PCI 1.0 is something from the early 90s.

Thank you for the reply, Xcom.

Fortunately, the TR:Legend demo was playable on my system. Now it's just a matter of whether or not the full version would run decently. Sure, the demo has its slowdowns in my system, but since I was surprised that it worked, I really don't care if the full version has the slowdowns as long as it'll work fine on my system.

ETA: By the way, I probably won't buy the videocard if the full version works.
    signature image

9.9gb of hard disk space?

Excuse me a minute:

AAAAAAAAAAAAAAAIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE
    EEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOAAAAAAAAAAAAAA
    AAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGG
    GGGGGGGGGGGGGHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH!

I've got the room and all... but DUDE!
    Blessed is the man who sells his soul to the devil and the cheque bounces...

Cool

Actually it is only 7.13 GB

I stand by my previous statement regardless...
    Blessed is the man who sells his soul to the devil and the cheque bounces...

Exclamation

Actually, I might end up buying the PS2 version. The PC demo seems to be freezing up now but it didn't the first 20 times playing the demo. Maybe the full PC version won't have the same problem in my system, but I'm doubtful.
    signature image

Exclamation

Quote Originally Posted by GoranAgar
    Actually it is only 7.13 GB
    ONLY......my brothers gonna freak out to see this anyway but will still geddit

ok i m new in this forum i just wanna know if my pc can run this game. system requirement lab passed me on everything well it failed me on hard disk(i can free my disk space) and just asked me to update my graphics driver but i m not sure maybe u guys can help me out.

My system:

Cpu: 2.66 intel

motherboard: 915GAVL

graphics card: 128mb(builtin)

Ram: 512mb

Does anyone know when TRL is coming out for Asia? Been waiting for ages, I think the computer store guy recognises me whenever I call them up to check LOL!

Why is it they ALWAYS post release dates for America, Europe and Australia and forget one of their other major markets - Asia. *sighs grumbling a bit*

Quote Originally Posted by LittleTaffer
    Does anyone know when TRL is coming out for Asia? Been waiting for ages, I think the computer store guy recognises me whenever I call them up to check LOL!

Why is it they ALWAYS post release dates for America, Europe and Australia and forget one of their other major markets - Asia. *sighs grumbling a bit*
    I'm from Asia myself, and seriously... People have even finished the game, and we still don't know when it would come out in Asia. We fans are really being felt left out...

Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst 12345