Thread: The future for the Parasite Eve series?

The future for the Parasite Eve series?

I personally would like to see some third person survival horror type of thing with some RPG elements. Sure, TPS have been done to death, but with the addition of mitochondria powers and in the surivival horror genre (that has pretty much ceased to exist these days for more action oriented TPS i.e. the current Resident Evil offerings), and the weapon customization, I think it would stand out from the crowd.

Originally Posted by MugenKB1

I personally would like to see some third person survival horror type of thing with some RPG elements. Sure, TPS have been done to death, but with the addition of mitochondria powers and in the surivival horror genre (that has pretty much ceased to exist these days for more action oriented TPS i.e. the current Resident Evil offerings), and the weapon customization, I think it would stand out from the crowd.

Yeah, we don't have much of choice anymore and nobody stands up for the genre either. The problem is that modern shooter is pretty much an antithesis of survival horror and addition of multiplayer doesn't help. XD

Tomb Raider reminded me a lot of the survival thriller aspect. I'm not directly comparing the series to Parasite Eve, but it's a good way to satiate the appetite. If you want survival horror, there aren't a lot coming out of Japan worth getting excited about I suppose.

Originally Posted by Zachary

Tomb Raider reminded me a lot of the survival thriller aspect. I'm not directly comparing the series to Parasite Eve, but it's a good way to satiate the appetite. If you want survival horror, there aren't a lot coming out of Japan worth getting excited about I suppose.

Tomb Raider is looking VERY promising. I give massive props to Crystal Dynamics for revitilizing the franchise. Kinda curious if they were to take the reigns for the PE series, what kind of "new" life they would breathe into it. I honestly have no idea why Toriyama couldn't have written a straight forward story, not that convoluted piece of crap story he wrote for T3B. At this rate, I wish SQEX would give the PE franchise to their western developers, I think it would be in much better hands if they did. Plus, Nomura did say he wants the PE series to be more geared towards the western audience, what better way than giving it to their western developers that understand what the western audience wants. If that happens, SQEX can oversee the design aspect, but their western developer has full control over the story.

Tomb Raider is looking VERY promising. I give massive props to Crystal Dynamics for revitilizing the franchise. Kinda curious if they were to take the reigns for the PE series, what kind of "new" life they would breathe into it. I honestly have no idea why Toriyama couldn't have written a straight forward story, not that convoluted piece of crap story he wrote for T3B. At this rate, I wish SQEX would give the PE franchise to their western developers, I think it would be in much better hands if they did. Plus, Nomura did say he wants the PE series to be more geared towards the western audience, what better way than giving it to their western developers that understand what the western audience wants. If that happens, SQEX can oversee the design aspect, but their western developer has full control over the story.

I understand where you're coming from, but i am not sure about it. The western shooters are pretty simple with very few types of enemies (usually gangs). I like shooters but not the one made by current western developers.

Originally Posted by Faisal

I understand where you're coming from, but i am not sure about it. The western shooters are pretty simple with very few types of enemies (usually gangs). I like shooters but not the one made by current western developers.

True..an example I can think of is Resident Evil Operation Raccoon City made by Slant Six. But I haven't really played any TPS made by western studios, so I can't say for certain about how "simple" they are...except for Uncharted, which isn't bad IMO. But something like RE: ORC does give me sort of a sense, but that's just one title. But believe that I more faith in SQEX's western development studios in making something great though, not something like RE:ORC. That being said, Slant Six just axed a quarter of it's employees this morning, so I guess that sort of speaks for itself. Anyway, I guess my biggest concern is the story. I DO NOT want the next installment of the PE story to be ruined again by some convoluted "Final Fantasy" like story, which clearly does not belong in the PE series. So the further the PE name is from SQEX's Japanese studio, the better it is I feel.

Originally Posted by Tonyr86

PE3 reveals that T3B was merely a dream inside a dream inside a dream.

MITOCHONDRINCEPTION

Honestly, that's what I would really hope for. That would make things right again. And there's times in the story that sort of alludes to it being a dream.

Mugen, you hit the nail on the head.

I would love them to make a third and use the same (if not slightly "revised") gameplay style used for the first game. It was unique and just simply great.

And yes, the survival horror genre has practically withered away, and it'd be great to see them bring PE back and revitalize the genre!

Originally Posted by Zyzxx

I would love them to make a third and use the same (if not slightly "revised") gameplay style used for the first game. It was unique and just simply great.

And yes, the survival horror genre has practically withered away, and it'd be great to see them bring PE back and revitalize the genre!

I like PE1 a lot but PE2 is way more developed in terms of gameplay and completely in real-time without any pause. I don't see any point of featuring an ATB or sectioned battles. What Square should take from PE1 is the worldmap, visitable locals, NPCs and side quests.

I like PE1 a lot but PE2 is way more developed in terms of gameplay and completely in real-time without any pause. I don't see any point of featuring an ATB or sectioned battles. What Square should take from PE1 is the worldmap, visitable locals, NPCs and side quests.

Yeah...the next installment should just be a TPS, but with all the other stuff I expressed before (survival horror, mito powers, weapon customization, and maybe some RPG elements like lvling up). However, what I really liked about PE1 and PE2 is that you can backtrack, and how the precinct was sorta like a hub, where you can go somewhere else, and in PE2, you can pretty much back track to that one town in the desert town that isn't coming to my mind at the moment. I would love to see a TPS that isn't a linear corridor shooter.

Yeah...the next installment should just be a TPS, but with all the other stuff I expressed before (survival horror, mito powers, weapon customization, and maybe some RPG elements like lvling up). However, what I really liked about PE1 and PE2 is that you can backtrack, and how the precinct was sorta like a hub, where you can go somewhere else, and in PE2, you can pretty much back track to that one town in the desert town that isn't coming to my mind at the moment. I would love to see a TPS that isn't a linear corridor shooter.

Are you sure you won't miss lock-on system :P ?

PE2 didn't have much of backtracking? Either way, TPSs these days are so barebone even Dirge of Cerberus but shame on them.

I need to replay PE1/PE2 sooner than later and open a wish list topic here

PE2 didn't have much of backtracking? Either way, TPSs these days are so barebone even Dirge of Cerberus but shame on them.

You mean the auto targeting mechanics for the game play like in PE2 and T3B? Nah, I won't miss it, I rather have it totally manual for the aiming.

I thought PE2 had a lot of backtracking, especially in Dryfield itself, from Dryfield to the Shelter, and within the Neo Ark itself.

DoC...ugh, I don't know where to even start. That's what I would not like in a TPS. There was just something really off with the mechanics of it all. I don't know how skilled SQEX Japan is at making a full blown TPS nowadays.

You mean the auto targeting mechanics for the game play like in PE2 and T3B? Nah, I won't miss it, I rather have it totally manual for the aiming.

I thought PE2 had a lot of backtracking, especially in Dryfield itself, from Dryfield to the Shelter, and within the Neo Ark itself.

DoC...ugh, I don't know where to even start. That's what I would not like in a TPS. There was just something really off with the mechanics of it all. I don't know how skilled SQEX Japan is at making a full blown TPS nowadays.

DoC

I think PE1 have auto targeting too except some of monsters have multible weak points.

I just can't remember a lot of backtracking in PE2 very well my impression it was going from A to B.

DoC has that weird camera view that i a lot of JP devs still use for example Lost Planet and Assault Gunners.

www.youtube.com/watch?v=HMuN4rN0f5M&t=3m...

IMO, I think Versus XIII might be a good demonstration of what a TPS+PE could be especially if they managed ability to fight or avoid a battle similar to KH series so i think SQEX can do it much better than western devs except of hitman team (stealth game with of trial and error gameplay ). I don't really think western devs can make a TPS nowadays either. TPSs are way too barebone and PE series is much more rich than any western TPS.

PE1 had mutilple targeting, but it wasn't for weak points I think. It was more to shoot parts of the enemy so that they won't attack you with that part..etc.

I personally remember a ton of backtracking in PE2, like some areas were locked in Dry Field, but then you get access to it after going somewhere else, and then you run back to the area again to open the door or something. Kind of like RE2/3. But I guess my whole point is, you can pretty much run from the Neo Ark all the way back to Dry Field if you wanted to.

Ew, I didn't like DoC's camera angle..seems very sloppy. I'd prefer the over the shoulder view that RE4 pioneered, which is the norm for TPS nowadays. I guess I'm just not that convinced as how SQEX Japan will handle a TPS because of DoC. But that was a long time ago, so yeah, we'll see how the TPS for Versus(the blond hair guy with the gun) turns out. I honestly haven't played much TPS from western developers except for the first Uncharted, and yes, the game play was kind of shallow. But, that game came out some years ago too. I mean, The Last of Us looks pretty amazing, and has some neat mechanics, and of course the new Tomb Raider looks awesome too. But yeah, I wouldn't want the next PE installment to be "barebones" I mean, I wouldn't care who makes it (SQEX Japan or their western developers here) as long as it isn't a "barebones" TPS, but most of all the story needs a lot of work...which I don't know if SQEX Japan can deliver after the abomination of a story T3B had. I might feel better if Toriyama is announced that he isn't touching the PE series from now on, but I'm not holding my breath.

square enix where is Parasite Eve 3. I like the 3rd birthday but I was sad that Aya die. So I was hopeing If you do make Parasite Eve 3 will Aya be back in it.

square enix where is Parasite Eve 3. I like the 3rd birthday but I was sad that Aya die. So I was hopeing If you do make Parasite Eve 3 will Aya be back in it.

I agree, but I hope if they do; they bring it to consoles.

Aya dying at the end of T3B is pure BS. And why the does Kyle not die? I mean, that man comes back alive. Makes no friggin sense whatsoever. Why does an insignificant man like him gets to live, while Aya, the main character of the PE series die? The whole story is BS. And seriously, Aya's shattered soul gives rise to the twisted. Come on, what the crap is that? How does that even work. And what's with the SWAY team shooting them at the church? That was never explained either. Pure BS. There is no freaking excuse for a story to be this bad. I mean, leave the fantasy crap out of the Parasite Eve's universe, that belongs to something in FF. Parasite Eve is centered around biological sciences, with some scifi, not some magical fantasy stuff where they can overtake people's body and appearance.

I'm sorry about the rant, but I am really pissed off how the whole story of T3B was handled. It was supposed to be Aya's glorious return, but no. It was just Eve, and Aya had like 5 minutes of screen time and gets shot at the end. Seriously WTF.

Granted, I loved the atmosphere of T3B though. I love how it was set back in Manhattan, and during the winter, reminded me so much of PE1, and brought back good memories. Too bad the story was pure cow dung though. Yes, I'm still pissed off at it a year and half later. You don' t have fans waiting more than a decade for Aya's return, but screw them over with some crap story SQEX.

Originally Posted by johngrose77
    I agree, but I hope if they do; they bring it to consoles.
    Me to

What taken Square Enix was long to make Parasite Eve 3. Comeon Square Enix we're all waiting

if you make Parasite Eve 3 Square Enix make Aya Brea the main characters agin. I never want to see Aya Brea die agin. We all Love Aya Brea please,please Square Enix bring her back in Parasite Eve 3.

Yeah.

Loved PE1. Didn't play PE2, but I watched it. It seemed fun to play, I just wasn't a fan of lack in variety of the levels. Wasn't too impressed with the story and soundtrack, either. I don't see how anyone could appreciate the climax of 3rd Birthday.

I'm hoping that Square would make a game that takes place between PE1 and PE2 (if not just right after PE2) in NYC again for home consoles IF they can afford it.

Originally Posted by WorstBirthdayEver
    Yeah.

Loved PE1. Didn't play PE2, but I watched it. It seemed fun to play, I just wasn't a fan of lack in variety of the levels. Wasn't too impressed with the story and soundtrack, either. I don't see how anyone could appreciate the climax of 3rd Birthday.

I'm hoping that Square would make a game that takes place between PE1 and PE2 (if not just right after PE2) in NYC again for home consoles IF they can afford it.
    me to

Originally Posted by Ray
    Originally Posted by WorstBirthdayEver
    Yeah.

me to

I play Parasite Eve 2 It was cool

I with Parasite Eve 3 make for PS3 Square enix. And I would like If Square enix make a US Movie Parasite Eve

Page 2 of 6 First First 123456 Last