Page 1 of 6 12345 ... Last

Thread: The future for the Parasite Eve series?

The future for the Parasite Eve series?

The future for the Parasite Eve series?

I loved PE1 and 2, but The 3rd Birthday was a slap in the face for long time PE fans. I mean, seriously? After waiting a decade, we have this PSP game that has Aya die at the end...that wasn't even the worse of it...the biggest slap in the face is that the main character was Eve the whole time. Eve wasn't the Aya we knew in PE1 and 2...and she shouldn't be. And the story, I don't even know where to begin. The story was so cluttered and incomprehensible especially at the ending. The story wasn't good at all. I want my biological science based PE series back, not something that's about time travel and such (Like FFXIII-2). Then again, there's that "secret ending" in T3B, which makes things even more confusing as to if Aya is really dead or not.

Because of the story, there's a lot of theories out there about the plot in T3B. Is it something like The Many Worlds Interpretation, in which there's different dimensions in reality, or was the whole thing dreamt up by Eve? The ingame dialogue and emails hints at both possibilites. But realistically, I think fans want T3B to just be a dream of Eve's in which nothing was real.

The game was fun, but the story was just a mess. I haven't lost hope yet....I want to see a full blown console experience with Aya as the main character, NOT Eve masquerading as Aya. I don't care what is done, but I just don't want to see that the T3B story has anything to do with any future installments of the PE series.

And I can firmly say, that I am not the only one that thinks this way..just browse through the forums at Gamefaqs: www.gamefaqs.com/boards/951987-the-3rd-b...

Honestly, I really like SQEX as a company, but I can't help but feel disappointed at some current offerings. Frankly, I think SQEX's western studios are doing a much better job than the Japanese HQ in terms of game writing and development.

It is rare when there is ABSOULTELY nothing I can add to a post.

Well done, sir/madam.

Agreed, Even thought i liked T3B as a game. The story was too much fantasy and it should have been more realistic or even action.

Thanks guys , gald to see some support here :]. I hope we can get SQEX's attention so they make something that is worthy of being a part of the PE series. Personally, I want to see what Eidos Montreal can do, after their success with Deus Ex HR. Or Crystal Dynamics because the Tomb Raider reboot looks amazing so far too. Actually, come to think of it, SQEX's western studios seem to focus on more realistic themes, something that T3B really needed.

While i don't mind it and i think Tomb raider looks great. I think JP studio manage better art, animation, music choice than western.

I don't think an Eidos PE game will have magic or transformation elements for example.

You forgot that they changed a likable character like Maeda into a perverted creeper.

I thought the story itself was written well enough (other than Maeda's unexplained character change). If you pay attention and read all of the logs, most things make sense. The ending really doesn't though. All Eve had to do was not shoot Aya. Then the Twisted would never have been created. She acts like she had no choice, but after wracking my mind on it for a long time, the given explanation just doesn't make any sense.

It was still a kick to the balls of the fans though. Fans have been wanting a third game for years, and when we finally get one, all of the returning characters are nothing like we knew and loved. The explanation for Aya? We waited all that time to play as her again, and not only did we not get to, but it turns out she's been dead since the start of the game and we're probably never going to. If they were going to kill of Aya, they should have done it after a game about Aya.

Originally Posted by imported_SilverArrow20XX

You forgot that they changed a likable character like Maeda into a perverted creeper.

I thought the story itself was written well enough (other than Maeda's unexplained character change). If you pay attention and read all of the logs, most things make sense. The ending really doesn't though. All Eve had to do was not shoot Aya. Then the Twisted would never have been created. She acts like she had no choice, but after wracking my mind on it for a long time, the given explanation just doesn't make any sense.

It was still a kick to the balls of the fans though. Fans have been wanting a third game for years, and when we finally get one, all of the returning characters are nothing like we knew and loved. The explanation for Aya? We waited all that time to play as her again, and not only did we not get to, but it turns out she's been dead since the start of the game and we're probably never going to. If they were going to kill of Aya, they should have done it after a game about Aya.

Ah yes, Maeda's change in character was way creepy. I mean...it was gross. I didn't like the story because of the lack of biological science element, in which PE1 and PE2 both had, but yeah, I could follow most of it (although there's some plot holes) until the ending. The ending was so utterly confusing, and adds lots of plot holes I might add. And Kyle.........I never liked him in PE2, I personally think it would have been more interesting if Kyle was the antagonist. But how in the world did he survive? He should have died after the shooting. And of course, the biggest question, why in the world was the SWAT team there anyway?

Yeah, the whole Eve being Aya part was a big kick in the balls. I mean, I was waiting to see "Aya" do something super badass, but it never happened, and her personality was obviously not Aya's. But yeah, it's sad to see the real Aya in like 5 minutes of the whole game in the ending. Not cool at all. But she did shoot Hyde *pew pew* like it's nothing and the headshot and the end. That was pretty cool....that's the Aya we all wanted to see.

I couldn't even stomach more then an hour or two into the game, and all these posts made me glad I only went that far.

I hope that one day, we will see a proper PE3 on a new gen system, and the world can just forget about this attrocity. The PE series was one of my long time favorites, still play both games at least once a year to this day

Originally Posted by Tonyr86

I couldn't even stomach more then an hour or two into the game, and all these posts made me glad I only went that far.

I hope that one day, we will see a proper PE3 on a new gen system, and the world can just forget about this attrocity. The PE series was one of my long time favorites, still play both games at least once a year to this day

Me too, I hope one day we get a proper sequel to PE2 on consoles. I personally don't even consider T3B canon...even though it probably is supposed to be. I see T3B as what Aya would have looked like and sounded like when she was in PE2, maybe PE1 since Aya had long hair back then. I guess I will only consider T3B canon if somehow the sequel to it fixes everything, I mean, EVERYTHING about the story. Yvonne Strahovski does a great job as Aya's VA though, I would love to see her reprise the role of Aya. But as for the PE series, it ended for me after PE2.

T3B isn't canon or PE game as far as i know, it is simply new game in a new series originally for a mobile. It is still PE game to me even if i don't like the setting or NPCs thanks to the fact the game has alot of replayability, Unlockables, cheats , tons of weapons upgrade.

That said i hope someone inject this series with more RPGish elements, I want my magic and gunblade back.

Maybe we should open a Future Title Wishlist or something.

PE3 reveals that T3B was merely a dream inside a dream inside a dream.

MITOCHONDRINCEPTION

I think I speak for everyone when I say Toriyama has successfully screwed up the PE franchise. As a PE fan T3B was an abomination. Game needs to be retconned.

I've tried to be in denial about the story in T3B and trying to like it but after replayed PE and PE2 theres alot of things I dont understand, or havn't been said directly perhaps. Like I always wondered did they ever say how the Statue of Liberty was up again since it fell in the first game.

Originally Posted by Snack

I've tried to be in denial about the story in T3B and trying to like it but after replayed PE and PE2 theres alot of things I dont understand, or havn't been said directly perhaps. Like I always wondered did they ever say how the Statue of Liberty was up again since it fell in the first game.

I'm assuming they simply rebuilt it. It's been like, 10 or 11 years.

lol yeah it has been quite some time, duh stupid me

The 3rd Birthday may have been good, but it was a sideplot and on the PSP only. I want to see if Square Enix has what it takes to drop their sellout tactics, go back to their Squaresoft roots, and revive some of the older games.

I wouldn't mind a Parasite Eve remake, but I'd much rather see a direct continuation of the series.

Post on here if you agree, and with any luck/hope, someone from Square Enix will take notice!

I'm with you dude! I've always been a fan of Parasite Eve.

An old SquareSOFT remake I REALLY want to see is Bushido Blade! Still to this day (IMHO) no swordplay fighting game can even compete with that.

Here's another vote for a (good) third installment of Parasite Eve. The first one was fantastic!!!

Having said that, 3rd Birthday was better than I thought it would be. Very happy about that although my husband stole my PSP to play it!

I have'nt played 3rd Birthday,but a PARASITE EVE 3 would be awesome.Also, while we're at it,...VAGRANT STORY 2

My vote is for both a remake and a third installment. The third should be about eve following her sisters footsteps or something like that,and a remake of the first one would be awsome and fans would love to see it happen.

I would love to see the series continue..but I really did not like the story of T3B. It just wasn't a good story, and wrong on so many levels IMO. I just hope they continue the story, but fix everything about T3B's story and make it focused back on biological sciences, none of this time travel mumbo jumbo. I really want the T3B's story just to be a dream by Eve, and then the series can pretty much have a fresh start after PEII, pretty much negating all the events that have occured in T3B. That is my hope.

I thought T3B was alright and had its moments, but it is sort of a shadow of its former self without Sakaguchi around. I wouldn't mind Square Enix taking more risks and betting on original IPs more often and let Parasite Eve be an example of how things can work out for the better rather than just trying to make a sequel. Of course, I wouldn't be against a new one on a console. ;-)

Maybe a reboot is in order, as others have said?

Originally Posted by Zachary

I thought T3B was alright and had its moments, but it is sort of a shadow of its former self without Sakaguchi around. I wouldn't mind Square Enix taking more risks and betting on original IPs more often and let Parasite Eve be an example of how things can work out for the better rather than just trying to make a sequel. Of course, I wouldn't be against a new one on a console. ;-)

Maybe a reboot is in order, as others have said?

I don't think Sakaguchi a one man can straight up anything because what i like about PE1 has been fading in terms of game design and world structure in the same way that happen now with any action adventure RPG with guns. Reboot is perfect to me because they can't deal anymore with aya's age.

Hm, I guess I wouldn't mind a reboot. But then again, it was the story that made PE1 so great. From what I gathered, SQEX lost the rights to use the actual "Parasite Eve" name and plot(?) from Hideaki Sena who wrote Parasite Eve, the novel. So I think that's a reason why they didn't use "Parasite Eve" in the title for what T3B was. So if a reboot happens, I have a feeling it may be really different from the PE1 we know...and it might not even be called Parasite Eve either. So I don't know how I feel about it. But if a reboot were to happen, I wanna see Aya kill Kyle, I hate that bastard.

Aya isn't that old, plus, she'll always look like she's 25 xD. But yeah, I can see that in the gaming world she isn't that young..I guess in that case, I would probably prefer a reboot to keep her in the series than have her hand down the reigns to Eve.

Originally Posted by MugenKB1

Hm, I guess I wouldn't mind a reboot. But then again, it was the story that made PE1 so great. From what I gathered, SQEX lost the rights to use the actual "Parasite Eve" name and plot(?) from Hideaki Sena who wrote Parasite Eve, the novel. So I think that's a reason why they didn't use "Parasite Eve" in the title for what T3B was. So if a reboot happens, I have a feeling it may be really different from the PE1 we know...and it might not even be called Parasite Eve either. So I don't know how I feel about it. But if a reboot were to happen, I wanna see Aya kill Kyle, I hate that bastard.

Aya isn't that old, plus, she'll always look like she's 25 xD. But yeah, I can see that in the gaming world she isn't that young..I guess in that case, I would probably prefer a reboot to keep her in the series than have her hand down the reigns to Eve.

It was purely speculations and i don't think rights has any impact on T3B (or Parasite Eve as whole), I mean T3B used to be a mobile game had the same title. I don't mind a Reboot but i would be worried about gameplay, should the game be an RPG or survival horror or Shooter?

Page 1 of 6 12345 ... Last