Thread: I Have A BIG startup Problem of the game

I Have A BIG startup Problem of the game

Exclamation I Have A BIG startup Problem of the game

hi

when i want to play the game i click it then it loads i can see the video sample but then it say's a weird thing this:

Assertion failed!

Program:C:/Program files/Eidos/25 to life/TTl.exe
    File:C:/dev/avalance/engine/display/directx/DXVShader.h line 34
    Expression:result == D3D_OK

Please help me

Thnx

reinstall?

I think it has something to do with ur DirectX or ur video card... Mabe it doesnt support shaders..

or ur DirectX isnt at v9?

yea i have direct x version 9c
    dont know why this happening

Assertian Failed

This error i had too. it has to do with pixel shader. your VID card probably doesnt have the pixel shader chip. you need a new Vid card. thankfully my laptop has a integrated vid card with pixel shader so i dont need a new vid card.
    This info on the assertion failed problem is on the eidos interactive support site. in the weblinks on start>programs>25 to life>weblinks. under game crashes.

The game will show the begining sequence with the subway hostage and cop shootout. then when it starts to load to the menu it locks up and give the message.

Originally Posted by deathlovesyou
    This error i had too. it has to do with pixel shader. your VID card probably doesnt have the pixel shader chip. you need a new Vid card. thankfully my laptop has a integrated vid card with pixel shader so i dont need a new vid card.
    This info on the assertion failed problem is on the eidos interactive support site. in the weblinks on start>programs>25 to life>weblinks. under game crashes.

The game will show the begining sequence with the subway hostage and cop shootout. then when it starts to load to the menu it locks up and give the message.
    And he can't update his vid card? So it will work again?

He would need a new Video Card, i tried emulators and the only way to get it to work is a new vid card. there is a site where you can check to see if your hardware supports it.
    www.srtest.com
    choose the game and itll analyze your computer.
    either that or search you're vid card chip set manufacturer for pixel shader and/or vertex shader. but the site above will tell you what version you have of each.