Thread: Problems to be fixed for Playstation 2 Version...

Problems to be fixed for Playstation 2 Version...

Exclamation Problems to be fixed for Playstation 2 Version...

I got the game last night and by all mean I know that in the first week or two there are a lot of server issues to be worked out. I am just here listing some problems or quirks that have been noticed.

• Disconnect Issue - a lot of people are having problems being disconnected after a game ends or while a game is beginning. I have also experienced game freezes while trying to join a game.
    • Spawn Problem - a group was playing and a cop spawned in the criminals spawn. The problem was that the cop was registering as being a criminal but still had to kill the criminals. Therefore he couldn't be killed by the criminals because friendly fire was off, but he still had to kill the criminals allowing him to get a lot of kills.
    • Mic - they seem to have a bit of static often causing problems hearing what the other players are saying.
    • Player Movement - the movement speed almost seems a bit too slow. You can run faster backwards than you can forwards.
    • Gun problem? - when a player dies his gun continues to fire for a couple seconds. Doesn't seem to cause any problems however.
    • Glitch? - a guy was going 40 - 2, 39 - 1 and killing people with 1 shot kills. Cheater? or just server issues?
    • Patch? - what exactly was the patch we had to first download?

This is just a quick list. I will update as I hear more. Communication is the key here. Keep us informed with what you guys are doing and possibly take our thoughts on it into consideration. Thanks

This game is 2 days old, Cant expect it to come out perfect.. THe people do run slow. I have been getting disconnected alot. Have never seen the mic issue, everytime i hear its perfectly clear.

I like when you get shot while shooting ur gun still goes off.

And for the connection issue, IT will always be some people take more hits, and some will take only one depending where there hit. That is because everyone has a different internet speed.

Originally Posted by Dimebag.
    This game is 2 days old, Cant expect it to come out perfect.. THe people do run slow. I have been getting disconnected alot. Have never seen the mic issue, everytime i hear its perfectly clear.

I like when you get shot while shooting ur gun still goes off.

And for the connection issue, IT will always be some people take more hits, and some will take only one depending where there hit. That is because everyone has a different internet speed.
    oh i know. i've been defending this game a lot to people. i know that it's going to have a lot of issues when it's frist released. i was just making up a list to get started. the mic issue may be a result of a crappy host.

if the gun thing is suppose to happen that's cool. was just pointing it out.

i agree, in my career on Socom 2, it was always hit or miss with disconnections

Yeah, the gun thing is a nice touch. All other problems you identified are serious.

only big thing is the server ....

the server needs to be repaired, period. the game is awsome but this list above me is very true plus a few he forgot to mention like the session failures and the time it takes for anybody to finally get to play....

Originally Posted by Despair
    I got the game last night and by all mean I know that in the first week or two there are a lot of server issues to be worked out. I am just here listing some problems or quirks that have been noticed.

• Disconnect Issue - a lot of people are having problems being disconnected after a game ends or while a game is beginning. I have also experienced game freezes while trying to join a game.
    • Spawn Problem - a group was playing and a cop spawned in the criminals spawn. The problem was that the cop was registering as being a criminal but still had to kill the criminals. Therefore he couldn't be killed by the criminals because friendly fire was off, but he still had to kill the criminals allowing him to get a lot of kills.
    • Mic - they seem to have a bit of static often causing problems hearing what the other players are saying.
    • Player Movement - the movement speed almost seems a bit too slow. You can run faster backwards than you can forwards.
    • Gun problem? - when a player dies his gun continues to fire for a couple seconds. Doesn't seem to cause any problems however.
    • Glitch? - a guy was going 40 - 2, 39 - 1 and killing people with 1 shot kills. Cheater? or just server issues?
    • Patch? - what exactly was the patch we had to first download?

This is just a quick list. I will update as I hear more. Communication is the key here. Keep us informed with what you guys are doing and possibly take our thoughts on it into consideration. Thanks

There are many glitches for example... I found a glitch on the map where i guess its downtown i dunno... it was during tag and their is a stairwell and at the bottom of it is a hall leading inside of a building and garbage bags outside the hall. Above the staircase and to the right there is a lil rectangular room where sometimes people hide. So i went to go check it out saw noone was there jumped down into the hall instead of takin the stairs as a shorcut measure....ended up jumping into the garbage bags getting stuck and killed everyone who came through ended up with 60 plus kills no deaths.

The biggest error is the "Unable to record statitistics" error that disconnect you after a game.

Also, when trying to join a game using filters, it is impossible to join a game. The only way I can join a game is using Quick Match.

Another problem, I can only throw smoke grenades and concussion grenades. If I equip any other grenade my L1 becomes becomes useless leaving me unable to throw grenades

I didn't like how I continuously had to "find games" cuz I was unable to connect to another one (it boots you back to the main lobby). And finding games takes a while...yet I'm not surprised because this game has barely gotten a week of running, so these issues are practical. I'm sure, if a next patch comes out, things will be a lot better.

Disconnect Issue - a lot of people are having problems being disconnected after a game ends or while a game is beginning. I have also experienced game freezes while trying to join a game.
    Spawn Problem - a group was playing and a cop spawned in the criminals spawn. The problem was that the cop was registering as being a criminal but still had to kill the criminals. Therefore he couldn't be killed by the criminals because friendly fire was off, but he still had to kill the criminals allowing him to get a lot of kills.
    Mic - they seem to have a bit of static often causing problems hearing what the other players are saying.
    Player Movement - the movement speed almost seems a bit too slow. You can run faster backwards than you can forwards.
    Gun problem? - when a player dies his gun continues to fire for a couple seconds. Doesn't seem to cause any problems however.
    Glitch? - a guy was going 40 - 2, 39 - 1 and killing people with 1 shot kills. Cheater? or just server issues?
    Patch? - what exactly was the patch we had to first download?
    Answers:
    1. This is what happens when a developer doesnt beta test correctly. Name another PS2 online game that has this many problems?
    2. Random Bug? ive joined a game and couldnt switch to my melee weapon till a new map was chosen
    3. Bad host or server? but in general the servers suck
    4. I know some cripples that can run faster on their hands than some non-cripples...
    5. 40-2 ? 39-1 ? Easy! ..... with a codebreaker... turn on only die by nades or explosions...or get a head shot and blow off the head, but even then sometimes they dont register a death... hence the top 100 people having impossible kills vs deaths stats
    6. The patch was just there to make you THINK that they found a problem and fixed it.... see if you can find the patch notes anywhere on line or ont he site... i couldnt find them...

its sad to see when a developers site get thousands of users days after a game is released just to say how bad there servers suck... talk about good PR...

Originally Posted by 50cent_imposter
    Answers:
    1. This is what happens when a developer doesnt beta test correctly. Name another PS2 online game that has this many problems? =ummm Socom 3 was 5 times worse than this
    2. Random Bug? ive joined a game and couldnt switch to my melee weapon till a new map was chosen=once again, Socom 3
    3. Bad host or server? but in general the servers suck=socom 3
    4. I know some cripples that can run faster on their hands than some non-cripples... = i agree the run speed is a bit slow sometimes, but i've adjusted
    5. 40-2 ? 39-1 ? Easy! ..... with a codebreaker... turn on only die by nades or explosions...or get a head shot and blow off the head, but even then sometimes they dont register a death... hence the top 100 people having impossible kills vs deaths stats = they need to adjust the DNAS to block them
    6. The patch was just there to make you THINK that they found a problem and fixed it.... see if you can find the patch notes anywhere on line or ont he site... i couldnt find them...=well i'm sure it was for something

its sad to see when a developers site get thousands of users days after a game is released just to say how bad there servers suck... talk about good PR...
    seriously, why do you post at a games forum if you hate the game?

****iiiiiinG CALL THEER ASSSES

i think we should all just keep calling edios to do somethign im sick and thats it man these ***s lazy couch potato s shoudl do something ima call them and ing talk to ther gay super visor and ing get these lazy asses moving and try to fix this game so evryone can ign play this game!

Originally Posted by RaM
    i think we should all just keep calling edios to do somethign im sick and thats it man these ***s lazy couch potato s shoudl do something ima call them and ing talk to ther gay super visor and ing get these lazy asses moving and try to fix this game so evryone can ign play this game!
    yea nigg* ur right let call dis mother*rs ama call them tday when i get home shiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiit there r like 350 ppls playing on ps2 and like 35 in PC WTf yall pplz need to play more, it doesnt matter if there r cheaters for right now but just play, and at least i can make a private server and yall join becuz there will be no one cheating, holla and play more PC gamers *****