Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Old TRLE Fans out there

Old TRLE Fans out there

I am surprised at the longevity of TRLE, but I am interested to know if there are of you (or how many of you there are) who still play fan-created levels? I also want to know whether any of you expect to see an editor with the new game or at some point down the track. My personal belief is that it will be released later.

Check out these download figures from February last year for downloads for that month And that's just one month at trle! I'd love to know how many times my Imprisoned Spirits was downloaded in total, but I guess that's something that's impossible to guess at

February 2005

9988x The Imprisoned Spirits by George Maciver
    7259x Isle of the Sun Part 2 by Michael Bender
    5088x Hell's Kitchen by Agnes
    3197x Restless in Paris by Monika Pawlus
    3150x Busting by Loch

Hey I think I played that one, but it was a while ago now. Was good though.

I think I remember you. Didn't you have a simple site with some outfits with Lara in a more... natural way? And an astronaut as well??

The TRLE is still going strong, and I think that after the Legend wave calms down, it will still be there.

Big Grin

Yo... i'm still here, LOL they can't get rid of me.

I lurk in the forum, but I don't edit anymore on a regular basis. Mostly it's out of the blue when I do. I have some ideas for a new level though. That probably won't ever change.

I just like to keep up to date on new levels and look at all the cool screens.

Hi allday, I sometimes play custom levels, they are a great way to get a Tomb Raider fix waiting for Legend to be released.
    signature image
    ...previously known as "Mum"

I am still making and playing them. There are enough downloadable levels to keep me playing till I am old - oh!, wait a minute - older.

I'm still here and keep make new levels.

Big Grin

Quote Originally Posted by Harly Wuson
    I'm still here and keep make new levels.
    Wadda you mean! new levels? when am I gonna get to play Devilish Habitat? Hmm? Hmm?....

Wait a minute, I can talk.

He still keep making DH level!

I still build, although i don't really play levels anymore. I'm currently building 'The Lost Soul Of Maria', which iv'e been working on for about 8 months now. It's nearly completed. There will be 8 playable levels, 2 cutscenes and a thrilling storyline I can't rememebr if ive posted screenshot on here lol.

I'm still building and playing custom levels.
    We're a tough bunch to get rid of....I can tell ya that!

Driber.net | Forum Thumbnailer | Driber Wagon™ | RAWR! | TR Ancient Legends III - Lost Chambers | -- .- .-. .. . / .. ... / -.-. ..- - . :-)

I know one day though i will just get rid off it. Probably when i start working full time, as i'm at college now.

Of course I'm playing them! And I will after Legend too.
    Anger is an energy!!!!

Hi everyone!
    Long time no see
    I had quit level editing mainly because the TRLE engine was too limited for the levels I had in mind. The level St. John's Church I was building at the time wasn't even 50% complete and it already crashed a lot because it had too many rooms and objects in it.
    Now with the new patches I was thinking of getting back to business.
    It's good to see some of the old school people are still hanging around

I still play them.

Quote Originally Posted by Netslider
    Hi everyone!
    Long time no see
    I had quit level editing mainly because the TRLE engine was too limited for the levels I had in mind. The level St. John's Church I was building at the time wasn't even 50% complete and it already crashed a lot because it had too many rooms and objects in it.
    Yeah those nasty limits. I always hit those as well. I guess with those patches you can make bigger levels, but I haven't tried any patch yet. I'm just bored of building in blocks, and a patch cannot fix that I still lurk around here, but I hardly touch the level editor anymore.

The level editor is very much alive and kicking. Probably more than the original TR in ways, I dare say.

Interesting... I'd forgotten I'd already posted here! *loonywithtonguehangingoutofmouth*
    Anger is an energy!!!!

I still play them...though I have lost my passion for making outfits and such. I'm a busy boy with college and work. Grrrr. Maybe when the new game is released something will spark. Is Mountain Dew Nut still out there? I've missed you guys

House of Screams did look promising, you know.

I'm real busy lately, so I've only found time for editing my own level. I started Egypt and Beyond, but I got stuck and just gave up .

Actually, I'm gonna head over to the walkthrough and get this sorted out right now .

Jon

Ahh...so it was the timed lever that had me stumped.

This forum seems dead. Most TRLE forums seem to be dead anyway, only tombraiderforums.com has lots of activity, and trle.net forum is also active. But those are one of the fewest forums that still get multiple postings a day about TRLE.

Quote Originally Posted by TRWad
    This forum seems dead. Most TRLE forums seem to be dead anyway, only tombraiderforums.com has lots of activity, and trle.net forum is also active. But those are one of the fewest forums that still get multiple postings a day about TRLE.
    Yeah, it's a pity. Maybe because the other forums are nicer to look at as this one has dull colors. I think it died because of that. On the other hand the editor is getting older and older and older even with the patch the feel is the same.

Even I have troubles to finish my game that is in developement for 3 years now. I'm not that enthusiastic as in the beginning but I hope to finish it some day. And that will be the end for editing Miss Croft.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast