Page 3 of 20 FirstFirst 123456713 ... LastLast

Thread: Our Very Own Lara Fan Art thread

You and me both, Athiest!

But all the work is beautiful. Lara vs. Aliens! Yikes!

signature imagesignature imagesignature imagesignature image
    "Doomsday device?...I suppose I could part with one and still be feared..."
    Skusting's deviantArt gallery <-updated with regularity regularly!

Hi there,

would like to post a video, which I made...Klick
    the other chapters are following in the next days

Quote Originally Posted by Athiest View Post
    I wish I could draw?

Uh please , everyone can draw , you just need to practice. It's the same with writing..

PhotoShop Major Projects

I can't draw to save my life...

I did learn how to use PhotoShop via an art class I took at my university this last semester, though. You all will be glad to hear that I somehow snuck in something Tomb Raider in all of my major projects, but wasn't able to in the numerous minor projects we had:

The first major project was an Analytic Cubism project. For the life of me, I don't exactly remember what this was all about. Basically, we had to reconstruct an image and create depth using cubes. Here is my piece, which is the Legend Lara Croft figure being stalked by the Bengal Tiger from the PlayMates diorama set.

Next was the Masterpiece project. We had to choose a work of art whose main focus was a person and re-create it with taking our own pictures and reconstructing it. This is a still from a silent film entitled "Suspense." I chose it because it had three people in it (which I am in all three poses in the second thumb) and it just struck me as odd that this type of camera work was from a silent film in 1913, when this type of camera work wouldn't be used until decades later...Anyway, I reconstructed the main parts, but modernized the clothing and the phones. The phone on the desk is replaced with my Angelina Jolie statue from "The Cradle of Life." The image of me looking in the window I am wearing my "Cradle of Life" hat, and the image of me with the white hat is actually my white hat with the first film's logo on it on backwards...

Our second to the last project was using the layering and opacity features of PhotoShop, thus creating a ghost-like image. I chose to do one of Angelina Jolie, using 7 different images of 5 of her famous movie roles and ended up with this. I lined up her mouth and eyes on every photo and messed with the opacities so as to fulfill the requirements of the assignment. The second image, for those who know about the filters of PhotoShop, has the Diffuse Glow and Poster Edges filters applied to the image. Bonus points to anyone who can point out all the roles I chose.

I received an A- in this class, btw.

Here's my version of her.. Though sadly the face didn't come out the way I wanted it, for it's too flat. But oh well.

Enjoy.
    Nothing is True. Everything is Permitted.
    My.DeviantArt

I agree on the face, but the depth is fantastic! That's not easy to do.

I gotta say: it's really great to see all the newly contributed work to this thread!

[edit]

Thumbs Up

Cool, Captain. I like the wisps of smoke from the guns, and the tear in Lara's dress (not that one, the one by her hip), nice touch. Lara didn't get through that battle completely unscathed.

Hi guys here is a pic i did of Lara...it's not great but i did my best lol http://s204.photobucket.com/albums/b...t=DSCF0106.jpg

Lara on Mars? Sacrilege ...

Wow, you're right Deek and John. There are some really talented fans out there.

Hey Arch...are those Predators fighting Lara?

Captain Mazda...who cares about the arm? Look at that fabulous tummy! I wish mine was that gorgeous! (Nice work, Arch!)

She looks like my singing teacher
    "I'm up for a little heresy"

Question

[QUOTE=DEEKMAN;533799]plus I'm working on a painting (acrylic) of AJ as Lara (photo to come)QUOTE]

What?? Are you talking about me??

Sry for the horrible perspective and lighting. Pic was taken with a camera. my scanner couldnt detect the light shading. My First ever "realistic drawing" Be nice! Her eyes sure look weird...

http://www.portrait-artist.org/basic...-portrait.html-for those who would like to learn a few basics etc.

Quote Originally Posted by Jewel View Post
    Wow, you're right Deek and John. There are some really talented fans out there.

Hey Arch...are those Predators fighting Lara?

Captain Mazda...who cares about the arm? Look at that fabulous tummy! I wish mine was that gorgeous! (Nice work, Arch!)
    I actually think that they are Aliens, not Predators she is fighting in Arch's pic.

Well done Arch!! Your image is gracing my desktop as I write this. I cannot wait to see more of your work. Please post them.

damn are imageshack's servers down or something?

Levelboss

Ok - here's the PREDATOR (just after Lara has killed the Aliens; Level 2 ;-)
    I hopy you like this one also.

ARCH

Outstanding work everyone! It's amazing how each individual thinks of Lara.

I felt bored.

Original:
    By terran324

Quote Originally Posted by LaraCroftLuver View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by DEEKMAN View Post
    plus I'm working on a painting (acrylic) of AJ as Lara (photo to come)
    What?? Are you talking about me??
    Not that I'm aware of.
    I did a large pencil sketch of Angelina Jolie on old table top,
    then I photographed the table top and did a finished digital piece.
    Eventally, I will do a finished painting on the table top in acrylics.

Good work everyone.

Quote Originally Posted by Mertz523 View Post

Our second to the last project was using the layering and opacity features of PhotoShop, thus creating a ghost-like image. I chose to do one of Angelina Jolie, using 7 different images of 5 of her famous movie roles and ended up with this. I lined up her mouth and eyes on every photo and messed with the opacities so as to fulfill the requirements of the assignment. The second image, for those who know about the filters of PhotoShop, has the Diffuse Glow and Poster Edges filters applied to the image. Bonus points to anyone who can point out all the roles I chose.

I received an A- in this class, btw.
    I'm going to try and guess which roles you picked. Tr Cradle Of Life, Alexander, Taking Lives (and also maybe Original Sin? Or one from Mr. and Mrs. Smith?)

Deekyman is watching my DA. x=

Everyone is extremely talented !!! Applauds to all !!

I wish I could create my own LC fan art. :sigh:
    signature image

Page 3 of 20 FirstFirst 123456713 ... LastLast