Thread: minor continuity flaw

minor continuity flaw

I was just playing defiance at the pillars as Raziel and noticed that the Pillars were ALL still currupted. By this point wouldn't some of them be restored? at the very least Nupraptor's. If I remember right when Raziel and Janos saw them shatter they were all still currupted. In Blood Omen they were all restored except the Balance Pillar, when Kain made his choice.

Only a minor detail but I thought it worth mentioning.

Yeah, I noticed that too. I guess they just didn't want to bother with it. Too bad they didn't make them look how they should. Also, in Soul Reaver 2, when Raziel's in the Damned Nosgoth, all the Pillars are black, unlike in Soul Reaver where only the Balance Pillar was dark.

in soul reaver the rest are white? never noticed that

I assumed that the future Nosgoth in SR2 was supposed to be even worse off than in SR, so maybe the pillars are even more corrupted there. In Defiance, they probably just forgot to restore the pillars (like they forgot when Moebius was killed) Whenever you go back later and re-visit something that was in a previous game, there are bound to be continuity errors.

I think that seeing the white pillars in BO was simply something in Kain's head, an indicator of which ones he remembered fixing. I never noticed the color differences in SR either.
    http://smokestock.deviantart.com | http://www.fanfiction.net/u/589342/ | http://smoke-z.deviantart.com

"It's like Shakespeare with pointless murder." -gryps incedio talking about the LOK games.

Quote Originally Posted by goblin981
    I was just playing defiance at the pillars as Raziel and noticed that the Pillars were ALL still currupted. By this point wouldn't some of them be restored? at the very least Nupraptor's. If I remember right when Raziel and Janos saw them shatter they were all still currupted. In Blood Omen they were all restored except the Balance Pillar, when Kain made his choice.
    Maybe Kain decided to take a smoke break?

It's had working for minimum wage as a Vampire, you know..

But seriously, maybe Kain just hasn't had a chance to yet.

Quote Originally Posted by Zulgbrtzchllha
    Also, in Soul Reaver 2, when Raziel's in the Damned Nosgoth, all the Pillars are black, unlike in Soul Reaver where only the Balance Pillar was dark.
    Different dimensions? Alternate time-lines?

The Pillars' stand is also changed from game to game. I think this was one of my questions for an old QA thread for the producers. I don't think we ever got the answers though...

Quote Originally Posted by card
    The Pillars' stand is also changed from game to game. I think this was one of my questions for an old QA thread for the producers. I don't think we ever got the answers though...
    Pillars' stand? What do you mean? Do you mean the circular design that they walk on? I'm pretty sure that it says the same in each game.

Yeah, that one. I'm sure it's changed. And I don't mean the symbols around the edge circle, but in the center one.

Checked my old pics folder and found some.

sr2 pic
    sr1 pic: this is the one that's changed; the ones in SR2, BO and Defiance are the same
    The second one is kind of bad quality though, I got it off the net a long time ago, just like the first. You can check it out ingame. I'm sure it's supposed to mean something, but I just haven't thought about it much, since no one else seems to think so.

They look very similar to me. I'd chalk any differences up to the fact that the SR1 base is a couple of thousand years older. I mean, it definitely looks brown compared to the SR2 one, which looks gray. But in SR1, the sun is blocked out by the soot from the vampires' furnaces, so everything looks a lot more brownish. If there are any changes in the design of the SR1 stand (I can't really tell because it's so small), probably it's just because the FMV people did what looked best, not what it was exactly supposed to be. For example, in the SR2 intro FMV, Raziel summons the Reaver before entering the time-portal. It just looks cooler that way, even though Raziel hasn't gained the ability to summon the Reaver yet.

I'm referring to the little line in the small circle. In sr1 it's straight, where in the others it's broken. And there's also a bigger line going out from it that's straight, where in the others it changes direction a bit.

Ah, so there is. I think it was a different company that did the FMV's, so probably they made a mistake or two but it wasn't major enough to justify doing the FMV over again.

It's not only the FMV, it's ingame too. I'm not saying it's a mistake, I'm saying it may have been done on purpose.

I don't think it was purposeful. Probably just a little mess-up.