Thread: Can u play with ppl that have xbox and pc and ps2

Can u play with ppl that have xbox and pc and ps2

  1. #1
    Join Date
    Jan 2006
    Posts
    4

    Can u play with ppl that have xbox and pc and ps2

    that would be alot better. more ppl to play with and all the games will mostlikley be the same. just wondering dont know. plz reply

  2. #2
    Join Date
    Dec 2004
    Posts
    1,402
    The game doesn't cross platforms.

  3. #3
    Join Date
    Jan 2006
    Posts
    4

    Post

    that sucks.. they shoudl.. nfsu1 did it so u could play with pc and ps2

  4. #4
    Join Date
    Dec 2004
    Posts
    1,402
    Oh well...

  5. #5
    Its not been confirmed but im guessing no.

  6. #6
    Join Date
    Dec 2004
    Posts
    1,402
    I think a Mod or Designer in another thread already stated if you could or not. I'm 100% sure you can't play since I remember them talking about it.

  7. #7
    It'd be unfair too, PC users have much more free aiming use than console users. Move the mouse instead of a little stick. Unfair.

  8. #8
    Originally Posted by intrepid_soul
    Yes that would require the big three to talk to each other (Sony, Microsoft, and Nintendo), and in the end its up them being in competition they wouldn't want help sales on another system. I do remember Quake for the Dreamcast allowed you to play people on the PC version. I thought that was cool, although you could tell who was on PC because they were really really good.
    Copied from Suggestion Thread
    http://forums.eidosgames.com/showthr...&page=16&pp=25

  9. #9
    Join Date
    Dec 2004
    Posts
    1,402
    Yep. That's why I believe its just not a 100% great idea to do it.

  10. Originally Posted by marker227
    Yep. That's why I believe its just not a 100% great idea to do it.
    I have to disagree with you there tho i think it would be fun to play with all your friends online that dont have the system that your getting it for. But it won't happen.. soon at least

  11. #11
    Join Date
    Dec 2004
    Posts
    1,402
    Yes, it might be fun for some friends, but for games that rank.... That'll be a problem becasue each system is different.

  12. #12

    sounds like a good next gen feature

    all the stuff i've read says hardware companies (sony, xbox) are a lot more open to cross platform gaming in the coming years. that doesnt mean 360 will be likely to play vs. ps3, but i bet lots of pc vs. 360 and some pc vs. ps3 games will occur in the next few years. anything that allows more people to play together online is good in my mind.

    sounds like a good wish list item for the 25 to Life sequel!

  13. #13
    intrepid_soul Guest
    Originally Posted by DW33ZY
    all the stuff i've read says hardware companies (sony, xbox) are a lot more open to cross platform gaming in the coming years. that doesnt mean 360 will be likely to play vs. ps3, but i bet lots of pc vs. 360 and some pc vs. ps3 games will occur in the next few years. anything that allows more people to play together online is good in my mind.

    sounds like a good wish list item for the 25 to Life sequel!

    I actually doubt that. The last cross platform game that came out was Quake for the Dreamcast. You could tell who was on the PC, its not a level playing field then, PC players will always have an advantage over a controller.

  14. #14
    Originally Posted by intrepid_soul
    I actually doubt that. The last cross platform game that came out was Quake for the Dreamcast. You could tell who was on the PC, its not a level playing field then, PC players will always have an advantage over a controller.
    Originally Posted by OutLaVVThuG
    It'd be unfair too, PC users have much more free aiming use than console users. Move the mouse instead of a little stick. Unfair.
    Great minds think alike.

  15. #15
    Originally Posted by intrepid_soul
    I actually doubt that. The last cross platform game that came out was Quake for the Dreamcast. You could tell who was on the PC, its not a level playing field then, PC players will always have an advantage over a controller.
    Yes, yes I agree, you will not see cross console gaming anytime soon. PC to Console is more likely, Final Fantasy XI does it currently and it seems to be working ok.

    As for the PC advantage over console on DC. I had a mouse/keyboard for the DC so the issue wasn't really about control. The PC version had to down-patch to the 1.17 (I think) patch for Q3 to be compatible. On PC it was capped at 30FPS and chunky, it did not run smooth and was not easier by much. I can tell you because I did pretty good on DC and I expected to clean up on PC and got my butt handed to me on a few occasion by people who were more familiar with the patch. Oh, I ramble on...