Page 1 of 38 1234511 ... LastLast
Results 1 to 25 of 929

Thread: Comments regarding the Official TR Community members photos.

  1. #1
    Join Date
    Apr 2002
    Posts
    1,069

    Smile Comments regarding the Official TR Community members photos.

    To keep the 'Members Photos' thread clear of text posts, please use this thread to comment instead.

  2. #2

    Exclamation

    I think it would have been nice to keep some of the comments, otherwise it is just an empty thread with no soul. After all, what's a picture with no personality? I disagree with your decision to delete all the pleasant replies the pictures got. Please take into account that people like feedback. Only deleting the posts that were of the "I can't post a picture" nature, or pruning the thread after it had grown several pages would have been more human.

    Personally, I don't like being deleted without due cause, and I imagine others feel the same. A lighter touch makes a happier house.

  3. #3
    Originally posted by CatSuit&Ponytail
    I think it would have been nice to keep some of the comments, otherwise it is just an empty thread with no soul. After all, what's a picture with no personality? I disagree with your decision to delete all the pleasant replies the pictures got. Please take into account that people like feedback. Only deleting the posts that were of the "I can't post a picture" nature, or pruning the thread after it had grown several pages would have been more human.

    Personally, I don't like being deleted without due cause, and I imagine others feel the same. A lighter touch makes a happier house.

    I agree

  4. #4

    Thumbs Up

    Personally I'm very glad to see the pictures post kept only for pictures, that's the whole point, it's our little gallery, our hall of infamy, I like being able to pop in and see ONLY the pictures. The whole reason it was started was to avoid it becoming a text thread with a few pictures, and keeping soley as a photo album of our little community.
    Thanks for sorting the problem Data.

    And to commend as such it looks like I'm going to be the first to actually comment on the pictures;
    DEEKMAN, I adore that Superman/wonderwoman t-shirt!

  5. #5

    Thumbs Up

    I was agreeing with what TTL ultimately said...in my deleted but oh-so-ironic post.




    Now how about some more pix in there of some well known names with no faces?

  6. #6

    Exclamation

    Originally posted by THE True Lara

    DEEKMAN, I adore that Superman/wonderwoman t-shirt!
    Back off! I called dibs on that T-shirt ages ago!!






  7. #7

    Big Grin

    They sell mice with wheels today. ... Lazy bunch.
    The thing about Canadians is, they are very friendly people. But give them a hockey stick and they'll kill you.

  8. #8

    Cool

    Originally posted by CatSuit&Ponytail


    Back off! I called dibs on that T-shirt ages ago!!
    yes but you don't need it, you have all that natural stunning beauty to get you attention!

  9. #9

    Wink

    The whole reason it was started was to avoid it becoming a text thread with a few pictures
    Thank God that won't happen in this thread!

  10. #10
    Originally posted by THE True Lara


    yes but you don't need it, you have all that natural stunning beauty to get you attention!

    Pah! It's all smoke and mirrors, silly.

    But but but, it's WonderWoman and SuperMan !! Kissing! I mean, I mean, gosh! I waaaaaaaaaaaaaaaant it!

  11. #11
    Some little kid (probably around 9 or 10 years old) walked in into a local store
    and saw me wearing that shirt. He almost fainted! He couldn't believe that kiss! His Dad had on a really cool Guess tee shirt - with the old late 60's
    Parnelli Jones Trans-Am Cougar on it! I told him it was cool.
    It must have been Mutual Tee Shirt Admiration day!

  12. #12

    Lightbulb

    Originally posted by CatSuit&Ponytail
    But but but, it's WonderWoman and SuperMan !! Kissing! I mean, I mean, gosh! I waaaaaaaaaaaaaaaant it!
    Yes, but I'm sure you have lots of pictures of you and your husband kissing...

    Anyway, I'd love to know who made that Tee. I love their sense of humour; stealing back Lichtensteins' work, and bending it to their own parody. Pop Art has never been so geek-chique!

  13. #13

    Big Grin

    Yes, but I'm sure you have lots of pictures of you and your husband kissing...
    Snork! Indeedy.

    Deekman, do I have to come over to your house in the dead of......day.... and rifle through your closets? I mean, skellingtons not withstanding, I know my way around wardrobes!

  14. #14

    Wink

    Snork is a seriously under-used word.

    But it sprang to mind when I saw Driber post his picture in the thread...he looks a little on the thin side...but that mop-top cut is sure to come back into fashion very soon.

  15. #15

    Big Grin Here you go.

    Originally posted by DriberBallZ in the Official TR Community members photos thread
    wow Tina, you look so.....different....hmmm
    *driber rubbs his chin and ponders how old Tina's previous picture was......you know, the one with the great smile*

    Ps. here's something to make your job easier:



    "ff swifferen"

  16. #16
    Join Date
    Apr 2002
    Posts
    1,069

    Big Grin

    Originally posted by DriberBallZ in the Official TR Community members photos thread
    wow Tina, you look so.....different....hmmm
    *driber rubbs his chin and ponders how old Tina's previous picture was......you know, the one with the great smile*

    It is not a wonder that my smile has escaped my face as the original one was taken in happier circumstances 5 years ago at a celebration, however since then I have amassed 5 years of other peoples problems in my work and I believe it is beginning to show.

    I do still smile occasionally, like the time DaveJ stated that Dribers mop-top cut is sure to come back into fashion very soon.

  17. #17
    Join Date
    Nov 1999
    Posts
    5,865

    Cool

    Data looks so sad. Awww. What were you thinking about at that moment?

  18. #18

    Wink

    Perhaps Lore has stolen the emotion chip again....?

  19. #19
    Join Date
    Apr 2002
    Posts
    1,069

    Unhappy

    Originally posted by Xcom
    Data looks so sad. Awww. What were you thinking about at that moment?

    I do not believe I recall any thoughts from that moment Xcom, however I had just worked an 11 hour shift............ fortunately it was a Friday night so I did have the weekend to recharge my Duracells


    @ THE True Lara, my brother has stolen many things from me, however, never any of my chips he hates them.

  20. #20
    Join Date
    Apr 2002
    Posts
    1,069

    Thumbs Up

    originally posted by Lord Croft from the Members Photos thread @Data: Will compliments suffer too?
    Of course not however, I guess you will train her well in the art of adventuring.

    Enjoy this moment Lord Croft as it will soon pass;

  21. #21
    Originally posted by Data
    @ THE True Lara, my brother has stolen many things from me, however, never any of my chips he hates them.
    Let me guess: Salt and Vinegar?

  22. #22
    Join Date
    Jun 2002
    Posts
    1,001
    AAAHHHHHHH!!!! Real people!!!!
    *Prelude runs away screaming*

  23. #23

    Wink

    I know Prelude, I had a similar reaction, but if it helps, my therapist told me this; that in the future he was going to charge double for my counselling sessions now..... no wait, that was something else, ....erm, .....I can't remember what he said about the 'real people' problem, doesn't matter, didn't help anyway......

  24. #24
    Originally posted by THE True Lara
    I'd love to know who made that Tee. I love their sense of humour; stealing back Lichtensteins' work, and bending it to their own parody. Pop Art has never been so geek-chique!
    I bought that tee around 1987.
    At a tee shirt shop on Eighth Street in the West Village.
    It is a legit Superman tee.
    The neck label says Krypton Clothing Company
    with a yellow circle and the word "Krypton" running diagonally across it
    with a silouhette of Superman above that.
    I'd scan it, but I can't get to my scanner at the moment - its got Halloween
    stuff on top of it. Another time.
    The care label says ©Disney. Go figure.
    The graphic captures a moment that actually occured in a Superman comic that
    was out at the time. It was a quality screen print job. After all these years
    and many many washings - even with bleach in the white load -
    that screen print hasn't faded one iota.
    Never really figured out who the artist was. We think
    it could have been John Byrne.

  25. #25

    Thumbs Up

    Very nice!
    ©Disney must be the secret ingredient that really keeps it in such good condition
    The resemblance to Lichtensteins 'We Rose up Slowly' is uncanny though.
    Still a beautiful beautiful Tee!

Page 1 of 38 1234511 ... LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •