Thread: FFXIV: Download Questions, Issues and Answers

FFXIV: Download Questions, Issues and Answers

Usually when my laptop is just idle it's at 50% tempurature and when im watching something on the internet it's at 60% temperature but the fan is usually at 60-75% speed never up to 90% i will check out what you told me to do though. So is my pc just low performance? When i first got it it ran games fine but now it makes the fan and heat go up high

Originally Posted by imported_Brian

I would say it is concerning that your running at 68% temp when your only downloading a file. Have you tried using their benchmark ( na.finalfantasyxiv.com/benchmark/index.h... )? Should give you an idea of if your computer could run the game and at setting.

Michael do not forget to adjust your settings while running the benchmark.

Start by setting everything to the minimum setting then moving things to higher resolution and other such features if your computer performs well.

I wouldnt suggest lowest settings to everyone but if you dont have a specifically high dollar PC, then lowest settings is a good start.

try that out see what happens.

Originally Posted by imported_michael
    just downloaded the final fantasy xiv a realm reborn and just downloading made my pc fan go on 90% fan speed the whole time and the tempurature 68% heat temp. does this mean my pc can't handle this game? will it ruin my pc? well actually most games i have been playing recently no matter what kind they are make my laptop do this. even a small pc game like a trading card game like magic the gathering or any game in particular thats a download type. any advice anyone?

If you download and run the benchmark it will provide a good indicator. I wanted to point out.. downloading something has nothing to do with how it will run after it is installed. if its running that high on just simple tasks like downloading I would check to see if its getting enough venilation and make sure no fans are clogged. The game will make your computer run even hotter during play than just downloading it.

The fan is on the side of the laptop by the usb drives and i looked at it with a flashlight it has no dust or anything and it can't be opened etc unscrewed or anything because it has none. There are no vents on the bottom of the laptop just the battery

Originally Posted by AroMyth

Originally Posted by imported_michael
    just downloaded the final fantasy xiv a realm reborn and just downloading made my pc fan go on 90% fan speed the whole time and the tempurature 68% heat temp. does this mean my pc can't handle this game? will it ruin my pc? well actually most games i have been playing recently no matter what kind they are make my laptop do this. even a small pc game like a trading card game like magic the gathering or any game in particular thats a download type. any advice anyone?

If you download and run the benchmark it will provide a good indicator. I wanted to point out.. downloading something has nothing to do with how it will run after it is installed. if its running that high on just simple tasks like downloading I would check to see if its getting enough venilation and make sure no fans are clogged. The game will make your computer run even hotter during play than just downloading it.

here is my benchmark score

www.anony.ws/i/2013/07/10/uqZ5n.png

Just checking if you seen this PC requirements before you down loaded?
    http://na.finalfantasyxiv.com/benchmark/
    Also see this
    http://www.game-debate.com/games/ind...20XIV%20Online

"speccy" is the soft ware from cnet to check you rig:
    http://download.cnet.com/Speccy/3000...-75181811.html
    Last edited by Ryulonius; 10th Aug 2013 at 03:53.

Rolleyes Why cant i download game client ?

I bought the game 23 juli, now when i want to log in for open beta phase to download it says my account is not registered. I bought the game at square enix, and shows i have it on my account. So getting really annoyed at this system, now as it also ask for pre access key which i havent recieved yet .

FF14 Reborn download

Hi,

i would like to know if i can download the game with the client if i havent the beta key or the code ?

thx

Question FINAL FANTASY XIV: A Realm Reborn Collector's Edition [PC DOWNLOAD] COD

when i buy the game in same time i got an email from SE .. and i found the ( Serial Number ) is this a cd key for game or no

You still need the code for the beta i believe. the code that came with the pre order purchase is for early access not open beta

Unhappy about buying Final fantasy XIV Collector Edition *PC DOWNLOAD*

hello can any one tell me how would i receive my game if i bought final fantasy 14 a realm reborn collector edition as pc download because its my first time buying a game as pc download

if you go here: code redemption site it'll give you the info that you're looking for, especially this part: "Enter your email address below adnd we'll notify you when you can return to the site to redeem your code and download the game to get ready for the start of Early Access and play with your in-game items."

but then if you go here to the beta forums: client download for phase 4, there's a note made by Gildrein that the beta client "can be used for Beta Test phase 4 (Final Beta), early access, and the official release once the game has launched." so, if you download the beta client for phase 4, it's the same client as the one going you're going to download once the pre-orders are notified to download the game? that's my question.

i think it's a question that SE or their CSR can help answer for us. but, as for the non-downloadable stuff like the collector's items, they will be mailed to you (and us) after launch date. sorry if this whole reply sounds confusing as it confuses me, too.

yup, in your email from SE whatever follows the "Serial Number/Product Code" is the game's "cd key"

i also have a question, i cant login with my id and password in the client, it says its wrong, but here it is working. ANd he wants a one time password. which i dont know where to get.

I'm on the same boat as you Pie, so I created a new account, and the same thing occurs, this is sooooooo USER Unfriendly!

why does a "open beta" require a key anyway?
    thats kinda....stupid....

Everyone who pre ordered sees the game in the account settings, logs in to the client (cause you want to preload) and see error telling you that you dont have a license.
    Only causing troubles

I pre ordered the game and I wasn't able to register the game even with the code that I was given, I suppose that we have to wait till we get another email from Square Enix about when pre orders are ready for early access before we can do anything with those codes.

I bought the Pre-Ordered the game and i registered form like a month and today i come in i sow my profile no game in

Upgrading FFXIV 1.0 Standard with FFXIV:RR Collectors Digital Download

Hello,

Does anyone know if we can upgrade our original Standard Edition FFXIV 1.0 account with the FFXIV: A Realm Reborn Collector's Edition Digital Download and get the bonus in-game content?

Also, will our old Square Enix Account (the one we used to register FFXIV 1.0 services) be merged with this new account? I currently have 2 SE accounts registered on the same email... one from my FFXIV 1.0 days and another from the new FFXIV:ARR website (also used for this forum). I bring this up because there is a place to register pre-order codes on the new SE account but there is nowhere to register pre-order codes on the old 1.0 account, and I do not want to waste a pre-order code or lose my legacy status.

Thank you

Question Final Fantasy XIV A realm Reborn: Why cant download resume?

I Installed the launcher, log in, and start download.

But the download cannot be resume!

Everytime the connection stop, the download back to 0%. I did try "exit", "cancel", but all methods make the download back to 0%.

7G download, and no resume??

I am in a similar pickle my install stops at 14% . Says it corrupted

Same, cant download 7G at once, if no resume this will be impossible, anyone has torrent DL please ?

I thought the client resumed (well it did on previous betas am sure).. As its downloading files it would do a check on the restart and if got the file already would skip to next one. I dont think there are 7GB files..
    www.imdb.me/jasonwalker <-thas me hehe
    Twitter: @jaywalker2309
    - My opinion is my own and not that of the company.

Exclamation I pay FF XIV: A Realm Reborn Collector's Edition [PC DOWNLOAD] but no email and Code

I pay FINAL FANTASY XIV: A Realm Reborn Collector's Edition [PC DOWNLOAD] but no email and code form me.

I'm in EU and have preordered from SE and have no codes. Do we just have to wait for emails?

Page 3 of 20 First First 123456713 ... Last