View Poll Results: Which video card brand do you prefer?

Voters
23. You may not vote on this poll
  • ATi

9 39.13%
  • nVidia

14 60.87%
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: The Red Team or the Green Team?

The Red Team or the Green Team?

Poll time...

ATI !

Vote ATi, only because it's the only card I've ever owned. I'd like to try an nVidia card one day, if I ever get a rig worthy of one.

I've only owned ATI and it's been very good to me .

I originally had a nVidia card, then it died.
    So I'm trying an ATI card now.

I liked the nVidia better so far.

Have both, ATI on desktop, nVidia on laptop. Both work great, maybe it's just me, but the Radeon 9800 XT (was it?) is quite loud at night

Green here, but I've not tried any other.

nVidia. Never had any other. Never had problems with it. As long as it's doing a good job, I'm happy (so if I had to happen a good ATI, I would be happy too.)

Ever since i upgraded from the Voodoo cards i have always used, Nvidea. Never had any problems with them, and until i do i will continue with them.

ATi all the way. At least they're true when it comes to image quality, unlike nVidia.

I vote for ATI, have used both, but ATI drivers are leading at the moment for me.

What I can't understand is why nVidia user have got more than one account here at Eidos? Well it's the only way nVidia would have so many votes in this poll.

Computer had an ATI in it when I got it, and I'm not messing with it. Me and hardware ussualy ends up in disaster.
    signature image
    The TimeSplitters Portal - For all your Time Splitting needs

Cool

nVidia.
    - signed -

ATI update drivers are way too confusing. I often installed the wrong drivers, they should really implement a hardware check option on their site. I like nVidia so far. Very stable, and no crashes

Cool

nVidia for me. Same with Intel. I'll never go over to the Dark Side and buy ATi or AMD.

Quote Originally Posted by MissLara2U
    nVidia for me. Same with Intel. I'll never go over to the Dark Side and buy ATi or AMD.
    Ati works better with Intel.

Lightbulb

Quote Originally Posted by MissLara2U
    AMD is better than Intel in most benchmarks, especially gaming! nVidia may wear the crown now from the recently released 512MB 7800GTX model, but I'm sure ATi has something up their sleeve to change that. Long live ATi!

Lightbulb

Quote Originally Posted by Johnny
    AMD is better than Intel in most benchmarks,
    You can't compare AMD and Intel, both companies are constantly battling to convince the consumer that their chips are faster using rediculous tactics, when in reality there is no real difference. It's no different to two neighbors 'oneupmanship' antics to own the latest gadgets.
    It's not so much the hardware but how efficient the software that runs on it... specialy the drivers.

ATi all the way...

I voted for nVidia because it's what I have and I'm not familiar with ATI.

Quote Originally Posted by dhama
    You can't compare AMD and Intel, both companies are constantly battling to convince the consumer that their chips are faster using rediculous tactics, when in reality there is no real difference. It's no different to two neighbors 'oneupmanship' antics to own the latest gadgets.
    It's not so much the hardware but how efficient the software that runs on it... specialy the drivers.
    Ummm... Why can't you compare them? Intel and AMD CPUs serve the same function in a computer. Hence, they ARE comparable. If you can't compare AMD and Intel, why do people compare ATi and nVidia? It's exactly the same thing. It's due to the fact that these companies are in constant battling that people compare them. Each company is striving to obtain more consumers.

AMD is, in fact, BETTER than Intel. And I found this to be true from numerous UNBIASED websites (e.g., Tom's Hardware, GamersDepot, etc.) that review each company's class of CPUs according to specific benchmarks. Obviously, you can't look to Intel or AMD for answers as to which is the better CPU. Each company will support their own chip. That's common sense.

Lightbulb

Quote Originally Posted by Johnny
    Ummm... Why can't you compare them? Intel and AMD CPUs serve the same function in a computer. Hence, they ARE comparable. If you can't compare AMD and Intel, why do people compare ATi and nVidia? It's exactly the same thing. It's due to the fact that these companies are in constant battling that people compare them. Each company is striving to obtain more consumers.

:
    You get the wrong idea in what I am saying, you can't compare them simply because the benchmarks don't give true readings, well at least Intels and AMDs benchmarks don't.... and unless you have to similar systems running each of the prossessors and video cards, it's difficult to compare them anyway.

Intel and AMD, much the same as ATI and nVidia, all have their good points and bad points.... it's all down to what you feel is good for you.

Xbox vs PS2 anyone? These polls are fun but ulitmately popularity contests... I vote for nVidia, I've had the best luck with their cards but would drop them in a second if ATI had a faster cheaper card available. I'm not much for favorites, I'll buy whichever is the better deal performance wise.

Quote Originally Posted by Clumsyorchid
    Xbox vs PS2 anyone?
    I was asked that at the game expo GME in London by a camera crew. I voted for the PlayStation, but when they asked why, I couldn't come up with a good reason actually. Now I had the time to think about it, I would say because the X360 controller is too small and we have a PS2 at home, so it's an easy decision.

Btw, nVidia is on the lead!!

Tough choice, I've owned both and now I'm sitting with an ATI Radeon X800 XT PE card.

However, I chose Nvidia, why?:

• ATI Catalyst Controlcenter is uber slow.
    • ATI Catalyst Controlcenter crashes sometimes when doing something like a reboot, and rarely crashes at windows start.
    • Played several newer games and older games, the ATI drivers can't handle the games ways of using the drivers thus the monitor goes black on some games sometimes and you probably have to reboot since ATI vpu recover is :P.

I think I would have chosen this card over Nvidia if I could go back in time.
    The card (I don't remember the name of the geforce card, I'm so crappy at nvidia these days..), but it was pretty similar to the X800 XT card, had other advantages like Shader Model 3.0 etc.
    However, after reading several hardware websites between the two cards I chose the X800 XT card because Shader Model 3.0 (and other stuff) didn't really make games look better, just worse or no visual changes at all ( http://www.hardocp.com/article.html?art=NjA5LDE= )

And the X800 XT card had better performance in higher resolutions with highest anti-aliasing and anisotropic-filtering (spell?), better graphics with better fps is always a winner for me, no use to play a game with 60+ fps anyway.

Ugh, I guess that was all from my side of the story.

Nvidia because it's probably better these days...

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast